Chapter 16: Joongki and Yoora's relationship

Behind The Mask

Please read Author's note in the end. Thank you. 


“Good Morning Baekhyun!”

 

Baekhyun opened his eyes as he saw Hyuna while holding a bowl of soup next to his bed.

 

“Hyuna? Why are you here? Did anything happen?” Baekhyun asked in confusion trying to recall everything.

 

“Butler Kim said that you arrived home with everything drenched last night and you had fever while you were asleep, so I decided to visit and make you soup!”

 

“Oh is that so? Thanks, Hyun, you’ve taken care of me a lot. I appreciate it a lot”

 

Hyuna blushed upon Baekhyun’s thankfulness, “It’s alright Baekhyun”

 

“Why were you even out last night?”

 

“Needed to give a coat to someone” Baekhyun bluntly said while enjoying his soup.

 

“Coat?” Hyuna furrowed her eyebrows, “May I know who that someone is?”

 

“No” As that simple answer was out, Baekhyun stood up from his bed and walked towards the door leaving Hyuna in his room.

 

“Wait Baekhyun, where are you going?”

 

“It’s none of your business, I’m busy right now.” Baekhyun said as he walked out of the door.

 

“Can’t he at least spare a time for me” Hyuna sighed as she tidied up her breakfast she made. Suddenly her phone rang, revealing Yoora’s name on her screen.

 

“Yeah Yoora? Is there anything wrong? That’s rare of you to call me” Hyuna said.

 

“What!?” Hyuna shouted in disbelief, “Joongki asked you out!? And you accepted him!?”

 

“Holy ! This is too unbelievable! You sure?” Hyuna asked again.

 

“Well, congratulations Yoora! You definitely deserved him!” Hyuna exclaimed, “I’ll go back home so you can tell me the whole story alright? Don’t go anywhere!”

 

As soon as Hyuna arrived home, she slammed her door open revealing her cousin, Yoora laid down on her bed using her phone who had a wide grin stuck on her face.

 

“You better tell me this. What happened? How did he confess? Whoa, you weren’t delusional after all. What if Baekhee finds out?”

 

Yoora was suddenly bombarded with questions by Hyuna as she sighed, “Here, I’ll tell you. Listen carefully”

 

“After all the conversations and visit we had in the cafe, he suddenly texted me to meet up at the garden in front of the cafe and so I went there. I waited there for a while and he finally came.”

 

“We had several talks but he suddenly broke our conversation and called out my name, and he suddenly confessed to me that he likes me. He said that it’s weird for him since he said that it’s been a few weeks.”

 

“So he took out a rose that he has been hiding and asked me if I accept him to be his girlfriend and of course, I did! And now we’re together and nothing can stop us!”

 

Yoora ended her story with a giant smile on her face as she fanned herself, “I can’t stop thinking about it, he was really romantic”

 

Hyuna asked, “You think Baekhee would approve this? You’ve been bullying her for months and even acted as her best friend”

 

“Exactly, I acted as Baekhee’s best friend in front of Joongki and there’s nothing she can do to break us apart. Here’s the logic that Joongki is going to think, why break a friend’s relationship? Even though it’s with her brother?”

 

“Yeah true, you’re smart about this” Hyuna ruffled Yoora’s hair in proudness, “Proud to have you as my cousin, but you better be smart in maths too!”

 

“Of course!” Yoora shouted, “Oh, how are you and Baekhyun by the way?”

 

“Baekhyun?” Hyuna lowered her head down, “I don’t think he would spare a glance on me, he keeps avoiding and ignoring me”

 

“You’re kidding! Even after all the soup and meal you prepared for him!?” Yoora unbelievably said, “Maybe he’s playing hard to get? You probably need to show something more impressive?”

 

“That’s a possibility, the other is that he just simply doesn’t like me,” Hyuna said in disappointment.

 

“Girl, you don’t deserve this, try harder and confess to him one day,” Yoora said, raising up her fist to show a good luck.

 

“That’s true, thanks though!”

 

It was the early morning as Baekhee walked towards her TV to watch her favorite soap operas and saw Joongki walking downstairs smiling alone, thinking of something… or someone….

 

“Hey, kid! What’s with that smile huh?” Baekhee grinned, “Come here” and patted on the space beside. Joongki excitedly sat beside her with his cute ‘crescent shaped’ eyes.

 

“Baekhee,” Joongki paused for a few seconds, “Can I tell you a story?”

 

“Sure, what is it?”

 

“This customer of mine, who visits the cafe every day,” Joongki paused and smiled and thought of it for a few seconds, “She’s really pretty, just like her eyes, it’s appealing and lovely, that it sparkles like the night sky. I’m dating her”

 

“Awe~ This kiddo’s all grown up already,” Baekhee chuckled, ruffling Joongki’s hair and side hugging his neck, laughing together, “Who is she?”

 

Joongki smiled and paused for a few seconds, anticipating his sister’s reaction, “It’s your best friend, Baekhee”

 

Baekhee twitched her eyebrow, tilting her head slightly to the left in confusion, “Best… friend?”

 

‘Did he mean Sehun? Is he gay? Oh, wait he just said that it’s a she.’

 

“Mhm, your best friend” Joongki nodded enthusiastically showing off his goofy grin,

 

“Yoora”

 

Just a few seconds after, Baekhee’s chest felt struck by a lightning. She couldn’t say anything. Something was blocking to talk until she suddenly let all her tears out and hugged her brother beside to hide them all.

 

“Baekhee! Why are you crying?” Joongki asked.

 

“No...I can’t believe that you’ve found such an amazing girlfriend for you. Please take care of her, you both deserve each other” Baekhee smiled, covering her lies behind her. She couldn’t believe the fact that Joongki is dating Yoora, her bully.

 

It hurts for her, however, she couldn’t help it. It would be the best for her brother, she thought. She just wishes she wouldn’t treat her brother badly and uses him for her benefit. She hopes that her brother is going to do fine with her. She now has another mask to hide her feelings of guilt and sadness so that Joongki wouldn’t know her real feelings and one solution, is to ,

 

“Go back to sleep now, we don’t have school and you have a day off. Have a good rest” Baekhee ruffled Joongki’s hair, “Don’t forget to dream about Yoora!”

 

“Thanks sis for giving your blessing for us! You’re the best! Have a good rest too!” Joongki happily smiled, as he walked upstairs.

 

This is the first time Baekhee has seen him the happiest, no other times.


A/N: Oh gosh where do I start this from...

In a few days, I'll be continuing my studies in a boarding school in Indonesia. This means that I wouldn't be able to update this story for the next... 5-6 months? Especially how there wouldn't be any internet in the school preventing me from updating and continuing.

It's seriously such a pity especially since I've planned way ahead for this story on my head. I would've just posted all of the chapters I have in my draft, however, they are still incomplete. 

In the end of this page I'll create a poll and this poll would determine the path of where this story is going. Feel free to unsubscribe too.

It's been such a pleasure writing this story coming from different inspirations, including you guys. Thank you for keeping up with me and supporting this story although I barely update due to my school work and IGCSE preparations. It's because of you guys that this story is where it is now. 

I sincerely apologize for the times I have upset you guys whether I realized it or not.

Thank you. 

-Author (Farah Griselda)