Chapter 11: Joongki and Yoora

Behind The Mask

(Joongki and Yoora's story) 

 

A few weeks ago



“Joongki serve this to table number 7 and you can go home after”

    “Yes sir, thank you for today!” Joongki was trying to find table number 7 as he found a familiar back figure with her straight wavy hair. He walked towards her table, he gasped as soon as he realized it was Yoora’s back in front of him.  

    “Oh my! It’s you, Yoora!” Joongki cheerfully exclaimed.

    “Joongki!? You work here? Since when?” Yoora excitedly said, glad to see Joongki in front of her.

    “I started a few days ago. But do you go here often?”

    “Yeah I let out my stress by going to this café” Yoora stated, “Oh aren’t you busy right now?”

    “Not at all, I’m supposed to go home after this but let’s have a chat first?” Joongki offered, which was responded with a nod.

    Joongki and Yoora both talked about what they like and have in common, Joongki told her about his hobbies, his past including their parents’ divorce and the loss of his mom.

    “Since when are you friends with Baekhee?” Joongki asked.

    Yoora was startled with the sudden question, “T-This year. She helped me in music classes and that’s how we got close”

    “Thanks for being friends with Baekhee, since I notice how Baekhee is alone sometimes, but you and Sehun are always beside her and I’m happy for that”

    “O-Oh of course! If you ever need to ask how’s Baekhee doing you can always ask me, since Sehun barely has classes with Baekhee”

    “Thank you so much Yoora, I’m really grateful”

    “So tell me about you? Your past? Hobbies?”

    “I love art and drawings. If you look at all of my notebooks, you can see graffitis and doodles everywhere, and I find latte art unique from the art I usually make, so I wanted to give it a try and I’m glad the manager liked my work”

    “Yeah, Your latte arts look really cool, you’re really talented you know. You’re smart and you ace all tests, you rank first in almost everywhere and you’re really athletic too!”

    “I always try to work harder and make Baekhee live in comfort especially after incidents that happen in the past”

    “May I know… What kind of incidents?”

    “Well both of my parents got divorced but we chose to stay with our mom because apparently, our father doesn’t really like Baekhee for some unknown reasons”

    “Oh is that so? What about your mom?”

    “My mom died on Baekhee’s 16th birthday, I was 14 that time. It was really hard to take care of myself without my mother, we were about to stay with our father but Baekhee refused so”

   “Oh, my… I’m sorry Joongki…” Yoora sadly apologized.

   “It’s alright, I only tell my close friends about my past but I guess you’re an exception.”

    “Me? Exception? Really?” Yoora widened her eyes, pointing her index finger at her own face.

    Joongki nodded “It would be weird to say we’re close since we started talking a few days ago. But you made me feel really comfortable to talk to, and I feel like I can trust you with everything I say.” Joongki scratched the back of his neck with an awkward smile, “So yeah…”

    “Is that so? Well, I’m glad that you trust me” Yoora smiled.

    “We’ve been talking a lot and I didn’t know it’s 10 PM already, I bet my sister is already waiting,” Joongki said, “So before I go, may I have your number?”

    Yoora froze for a while, her heart rate increases and increases as her face turned warm and red, she never expected Joongki to ask for her phone number and there she saw in front, is the reality. “Oh yeah sure”

    “Oh, by the way, is someone picking you up? Or are you going alone?” Joongki asked.

    “My house is few blocks away, it’s pretty near,” Yoora said.

    “So is mine” Joongki grinned, “Here, I’ll walk you home”

    Yoora was trying her best not to squeal, she couldn't help but smile during the walk with Joongki. As soon as Joongki arrived in front of Yoora’s house, Joongki waved a goodbye and left.

    “Thanks, Joongki! I appreciate it a lot!” Yoora grinned.

    “No problem!”

    Joongki walked home as he immediately checked Baekhee’s room, revealing Baekhee sleeping on her bed.

    Joongki lay down on his bed as soon as he entered his room. He couldn’t stop smiling and opened his text messages. He sent a text to Yoora, hoping she would see it.

    ‘Are you asleep?’

    ‘Nah, I can’t sleep at all’


    “She replied! What should I say!? What should I say!? Wait I got another text.”

    ‘Just go sleep. You must be tired from today’s work. I’m watching a movie with my brother right now that’s why I’m awake.’

    ‘Alright. Have a good rest, Yoora. Goodnight~ ^^’

    ‘You too Joongki! Good night!’

    Joongki couldn’t hide his excitement and excitedly jumped on his bed as he stopped with a thought.

     “Wait… Why am I so happy? Do I like her?” Joongki asked himself.

    “No no, I can’t like her,” Joongki said, “But it’s not a big deal liking her, though? Or even dating her? Besides, she’s Baekhee’s best friend, Baekhee would definitely allow us!”

   “Yeah I probably like her, pretty obvious how I was too excited about her”

    “But I hope we can chat again in the café” Joongki grinned as he turned off the lights before entering his deep sleep.