Chapter VII

Ink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the girls kept talking to each other, waking around the empty streets, Sowon found herself following them quietly with her hands tucked in her pockets and her mind left inside the room SinB was in. She tried to get involved in the conversation, keep up with their jokes and she even laughed a couple of times, but the undeniable truth floated in the air around her, she was indees still lonely.

The night got darker, the lights were brighter and every single one of the girls was wearing a different personality that Sowon hadn’t noticed before. Yuju was so light, almost flying as she was walking beside Yerin, who had dropped her playful smiles and had changed them with loud laughs. Eunha was making less questions and her eyes held a kind of depth that Sowon hadn’t ever seen before in anyone.

So of course Sowon couldn’t help but think about how would SinB look under the moonlight. Would she still her lips in a thinking way? Would she be cold as ice or back to her-annoyed from everything and everyone-self? Would she still have a lazy smirk painted on her face, or would she give genuine smiles that Sowon was somehow craving to see?

“Hello? Sowon?” Eunha’s voice cut her off from her thoughts. Yerin and Yuju walking a few steps behind them lost inside their own conversation.

“Hey,” Sowon mumbled in a small smile.

“Hey,” Eunha chuckled. “You space out a lot.”

“Just thinking,” Sowon said mumbling again while kicking the air as they stopped to wait for Yuju and Yerin.

“Still the lonely girl, aren’t you?” Eunha giggled and tucked her hands inside the pockets of her hoodie.

“As always apparently,” Sowon replied, the feeling she had been having all day creeping inside her again.

“Three words in one sentence. I’m flattered.”

Sowon looked at Eunha whose eyes were smiling and shining almost in the same way the stars were. She titled her head and parted her lips, as if she tried to talk and say sorry for her lack of conversation, but she closed them again forming a thin line as she released a long breath she didn’t realize she was holding.

“Mates,” Yerin’s playful voice was heard, “Yuju thinks we should head back to the dorms, which I don’t agree.”

“It’s a school night,” Yuju complained frustrated, but it wasn’t hard to notice the small loving sparkle in her eyes that kept staring into Yerin’s.

“It will be school night for the whole week,” Yerin fought back, her eyes holding a different sparkle that made you realize what an effect she had on the other girl and how aware she was of it.

“Tell you what,” Eunha interrupted, “we head back to my dorm and stay there. SinB is also present so…” Eunha dragged her words and both the girls except Sowon kind of understood the rest of the sentence. Curiosity now eating Sowon alive.

“Definitely,” Yerin clapped, “my princess can sleep and we can drink some more of that awesome tea SinB makes.”

Sowon shivered at the mention of the girl, because SinB declined going out since she was there, because SinB was hot and cold back and forth with Sowon and she didn’t want to ruin the night for everyone just because she wasn’t in SinB’s list.

“Whatever you guys,” Yuju breathed out defeated.

“Good,” Eunha sighed. “You up for it, So?” she then asked and Sowon was snapped back into reality, losing count of how many times she had zoomed out during this night.

“Sure, but I’m not sure if SinB is okay with me being there though,” she answered in half a voice.

“Aren’t you two friends or something?” Yuju asked with a confused look and Sowon’s eyes widened, thinking that maybe Yuju had seen them dancing outside her class, or maybe SinB talked about her between her bipolar behavior which kind of lit something inside Sowon's heart and made her foolishly smile.

Yuju looked around and was met with Eunha’s and Yerin’s surprised looks that weren’t following her statement about the two girls being friends.

“Seriously? SinB was literally wearing her sweater all day today,” Yuju screamed and Sowon felt caught off guard. “The white one?” She insisted and more confused looks were given to her by Eunha and Yerin, Sowon looking down at her converses with her face flushed red. “It literally had Sowon’s name embroidered on the sleeve.”

Sowon was met

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter