Chapter IV

Ink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Well, I'm getting kinda slow with the uploads because school started
Anyway here you go guys 
Enjoy your reading. xx

Sowon woke up for the second time that morning to the loud beeping of her alarm. Still standing at the edge of the bed she found herself searching for the cold fingers of SinB roaming around her skin, but she didn’t find them. All that was left was a warm spot next to Sowon that smelled like fresh mints, making the older girl miss SinB’s presence even more. Dragging herself out of bed, letting go of SinB’s scent, Sowon was greeted with the cozy bitter smell of just made coffee. On her writing table she noticed her “Plain Lazy” mug next to a piece of paper, hot coffee poured inside it. Sowon took a sip and curled her lips at the taste, her other hand picking up and unfolding the paper.

“You’re still an annoying tall hot mess.
-SinB.”

Sowon felt a smile form on her thin lips, which was probably created out of habit, or because of Hwang Eun Bi's nickname, or maybe just SinB’s existence did something to her that she couldn’t yet understand. She drank the bitter coffee SinB had prepared, not bothering to add sugar in it, and got ready for school, grabbing the small backpack she had prepared since 3 days ago. As she was walking out she stumbled over a small box. That’s when she became aware of all the small boxes and the pink suitcases standing at the front of the door. Shrugging and ignoring them Sowon walked outside, maybe a bit enthusiast that her roommate finally showed up, or at least her things did.

As she was walking towards the academy, tugging her hands inside her pockets, she realized how the cold wasn’t as bothering as it had always been, in contrary, it was filled with some kind of lovely reminder of the other girl.

Finally reaching the academy Sowon stood outside and roamed her eyes around, trying to make out the faces, but finding nothing familiar there, except a tall girl with braids who was sitting alone on a bench playing with her phone, her nose red from the cold and her eyes concentrated. Sowon tried to remember where she had seen that look, but it didn’t quite hit her memory right, until she felt a shoulder bump into hers and saw two girls walk over at the girl who Sowon had seen playing the piano a couple of days ago.

At first she couldn’t make out the figures of the girls who walked past her, but then she noticed the white sweater she had offered SinB last night, carelessly thrown in one of the girl’s shoulders. Then she noticed the messy hair, the lazy drag of the converses as the girl walked and the not caring attitude, and for a brief moment SinB turned around and pierced her dark eyes with Sowon’s, no playful smirk on her face, no smile, nothing. Just a plain cold look that made Sowon shiver, a rebel tear falling quickly from her left eye.  

Sowon whiped it quickly reminding herself that she didn't even know the girl. And then she furrowed and huffed and stared at SinB’s back for a few seconds, until a gentle hand was placed between her tensed shoulders.

“Sorry about my friend,” Eunha’s honey voice spoke as she bowed with her cheeks flushed red. “She’s a bit moody today. A bit more than usual.”

Sowon just nodded and bowed back at Eunha, but her eyes didn’t move from SinB, the coldness of September’s wind finally wrapping up her body since she went out of the dorms this morning. That was probably because Sowon didn’t mind SinB being cold, or her freezing hands being under her pajama shirt, but SinB passing by, bumping shoulders and exchanging a cold look made her turn blue from the inside-out. It made her give up to the coldness of the weather with no warm bitter coffee to fill her veins.

“Can I see your schedule?” Eunha broke the silence that was created and Sowon handed her the small piece of paper. “Hmm,” the younger girl scanned the information with her eyes carefully checking every detail, “well, your fourth period is free. I’ll see you then and maybe you can get me some ice cream,” the girl finished handing Sowon her schedule.

“Of course,” Sowon said semi-automatically, with a small smile, because she actually liked spending time with Eunha and listening to her rar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter