Chae Sejin

The December Family (Editing—Please come back later!)

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6sKVBxTxpk&list=PL1980544EC6BB0B99&feature=plpp_play_all

 
(Infinite - White Confession [Lately] Music Box Version)
 
 
Chapter 1 : Chae Sejin
 
 
As Woohyun looked back to the past, he couldn't believe how stupid he had been. He had made the biggest mistake of his life and was just glad he was able to fix it. Life without his beautiful wife was unbearble and found himself smiling with a small pang of self-loathing. He once thought life with her had been difficult and that was what upset him the most.
 
 
His expression gradually softened, thoughts turning to more enjoyable memories. It was the details he recalled most; shiny russet locks held under a knit black beanie that made the flakes of snow pop on the dark backdrop. One hand was tucked away in the puffiness of her creamy-coloured winter jacket while the other was lifted to her shapely lips so that she could sip the hot contents from the paper coffee cup that she held. He could go on and on to describe every lovely detail.
 
 
"It's so cold today. Why did you decide to wear such a short skirt?" He had asked her, the first words he'd ever gave her. The old bench she was sitting on was one of the most scenic spots to rest on campus. The courtyard was bright and alive with layers of fresh snow. Woohyun could understand the longing for the peaceful spot in such magical weather.
 
 
Her shrug gave off the pretense that it didn't matter, but the way she had her thighs pressed together tightly told him otherwise. He found himself finding the contradicting actions adorable. 
 
 
"You don't want to become sick, do you?" Without much dilberation, Woohyun slipped off his own jacket and placed the warmed fabric over her slender legs. She looked down at her lap, cheeks gathering a soft shade of pink. "You'll be cold." She pointed out, taking in his t-shirt as he felt the chill beginning to seep under his skin, but played it cool. "It's okay, I'm pretty hot anyway." He smiled at his own cheesy words without meeting her eyes, afraid that he would lose his nonchalant demeanor.
 
 
"I don't want you to catch a cold." Her voice was laced with concern as she tried to hand it back to him. Instead, Woohyun lifted his arm to rest his palm on her cheek, a look of surprise crossing her face. "Warm, right?" He asked. She shifted her view away bashfully with a small nod.
 
 
"I'm Nam Woohyun." He finally introduced, retracting his hand to shake. "Chae Sejin." She gently took it and held it firmly. He was surprised at how cold her hand was even though it had been in her pocket. 
 
 
"When's your birthday?" Sejin asked curiously, drinking from her cup again. "December 2nd. I'm twenty-one." Woohyun answered. "Me too. Mine is on the 19th." Her eyes widened with wonder at the simularity. 
 
 
Woohyun continued to talk there with her for as long as he could until it was time for her to go to her lecture. His own started ten minutes before her's, but he still wanted to walk Sejin to her lecture hall even if he was already late.
 
 
There were a few strides of silence as he fidgeted with delight just walking beside her, but her request sent his heart soaring. "Could you...hold my hand? It's, um, really cold." Sejin asked in the cutest awkward way. He took it immediately and tenderly held on.
 
 
It was after that meeting that she and Woohyun started dating. Later, being in that relationship together for a while, they both knew that they would one day want to get married to each other. When he finally had the courage to propose to her, she was surprised.
 
 
It was a crazy, stressful day. Every small detail was planned and ran through his mind countless times. It didn't help that his heart couldn't stop racing in anticipation and his nerves jumped around wildly in his body.
 
 
The first thing on the schedule was an outting for a hot breakfast at Sejin's favourite restaurant that served all of her favourite morning time foods. Next, Woohyun took her to a bath house and spa, secretly leaving after entering the ladies' side to take care of his plans.
 
 
He rented a limo to take her to various stores to buy a new outfit fully paid for by him as well as visited the outoor rink he planning to take her ice skating and did a little grocery shopping for the nice home cooked dinner by wood fire for that evening. They would also go out for a romantic walk around the park and browse at the goods sold at the market stalls along the street.
 
 
Once those things were checked off the list, it was time to get the ball rolling for main event. They dressed up in warm clothes and headed out once more an hour before it was officially Christmas. The main square they arrived at was decorated by a huge fir tree that flashed with a thousand different bright lights.
 
 
The large screen on the side of one of the tall buildings displayed other areas of the square and many merry people waiting for the holiday to begin. However, Woohyun had paid someone to film him live as he proposed to Sejin so that it would be up for everyone to see.
 
 
He checked the time on his watch and saw that it was showtime, so, after gulping back the risen level of nervousness, he put his final part of the plan into action.
 
 
"It's Christmas." He whispered softly into Sejin's ear and she turned, eyes sparkling. Woohyun's heart was beating so hard and fast, it almost hurt. He spied the guy holding the camera out of the corner of his eye and signalled to him that he had begun filming. 
 
 
"I love you, Sejin, so much that my heart aches whenever you're not around. You're my entire world, you own the entirety of my heart. I can't imagine a life without you." He said these words sweetly, holding her hands tightly, gaze serious and meaningful. "Woohyun, what are you talking about? Wait, is that us up there?" Sejin asked, startled to see their image on the screen. 
 
 
"Mmhm. Baby," Still grasping her hands tightly, he traditionally got down on one knee. "I promise to love you now and forever. No one even comes close to comparing to you. You are my everything. Please, Chae Sejin, will you marry me?" He pulled the small box from within the deep pocket of his long coat and presented it to her. Tears glossed the surface of her already shining eyes and a hand was brought up to cover mouth in wonderment.
 
 
"Yes, of course I will, Woohyun." She answered, melting away all the nervousness that had been gripping his heart and lifted in pure elation. He was enveloped in a tight hug. He squeezed her back before softly pulling her away to slip the ring onto her finger.
 
 
They both leaned in at the same time a shared a kiss unlike ever before. It was so full, so intense, so comforting, so enchanting– it was the most fulfilling kiss they've ever experienced. Not until they parted was Woohyun aware of the onlookers around them who were all applauding and cheering for them.
 
 
Seven months later, Sejin and Woohyun had their wedding ceremony. He couldn't descibe how beautiful his fiancée was. The dress, her hair...her beauty still took his breath away. It was one of the best days of his life. He found that all of his best days centered around her. The day they first met was definitely one as well they day he proposed and she said yes. She was all he could ever want and all he could ever need.
 
 
He fell from the high of reliving the best moments in his life as his upturned mouth converted to a frown. Though he felt all of these things, he still left her...
 
 
Where did it start to go wrong? What happened that caused him to turn in the wrong direction?
 
 
He guessed it when Sejin suddenly declared that she wanted to have a baby.
 

Okay...that sucked;-; 

But what ever I guess.

As long as you guys like it! ^^
 
It's been three years since I last touched this and I knew things had to change around here. I hope you guys enjoy the improvements as much as I do! -SarahChi1023, December 2014