V : The Injury

The Reality Dream

In the last chapter of Vivian's story...

We finally stopped at the edge of a river.  He was still holding my hand.  The wind was lightly blowing and it brushed through my hair effortlessly.  The mood was just right for Chris to pop the question.

 


Vivian’s POV

Setting: California. USA

I was standing right next to Chris on the bridge.  Under us was a river, flowing ever so gently and so peacefully.  The wind was barely blowing and the temperature was just right(a/n Another got7 reference XD).  It was getting dark and the sun was setting. So the sky was filled with the pretty cotton candy clouds and the colors of pink and orange blending together with a nice ombre effect.  My mind was filled with thoughts but I just couldn’t sort them out.  Just then, I felt Chris poke my arm, playfully and he was smiling at me again.  

He then called my name softly, “Vivian….”

I looked over and said, “Yes?”

“Can I ask you a question?”

I was a bit surprised, thinking. Oh my gosh, is he gonna ask me out or something.  I’m not ready for this. I mean like all the stuff he did for me today has been so sudden and so nice. Like are we on a date? I don't think so, I mean... Wait, Vi, calm down, stop over thinking things.

I replied back, “Sure, go ahead.”

He looked hesitant at first. And then he finally got it out, “Did you make it?”

Wow, totally unexpected.  I’m so stupid for over thinking and thinking that he would ask me out.  But turns out, it was just a simple question. So embarrassed of myself…

“I actually went to do my second round this morning.  I was so nervous.  But, in the end, I did make it.  Oh, speaking of the rounds, thank you for helping me at the auditions once again, I probably would have never made it without you.  Anyway, did you make it too?”

Chris then broke out into a grin and hugged me saying, “Congratulations Vivi~! I knew you could do it.  I will always be here for you. I also made it too.  Now, we can be together as trainees and you’ll always be my motivation.”

Time passed and it was getting late.  Chris offered to walk me home and I couldn’t decline because then he would get all pouty again and that would give me another mini heart attack.  But what I didn’t know was he had a little nice, sweet surprise for me once we said goodbye.  As I told him goodbye, I went to open my gate to my house when I felt Chris pull me back into a back hug and then give me a nice quick peck on the cheek.  I was surprised and I could feel myself heating up and blushing.  And to add to all that, my heart was racing.

Chris then quickly, released me and then ran away fast, shouting, “Goodnight my cute Vivi!”

I watched him as he ran away and disappeared around the corner as I stood there frozen with my cheeks blushing and my heart racing.  Not only did he just show me that he liked me, but he basically claimed me without even asking me.

I thought inside, “Wow, he is one confident boy. He did everything in one day, well mostly.  He didn’t ask me out yet.  That’s basically all he needs.  But he’s been hinting on how he really likes me with all those lines and the nicknames. Anyway, it’s getting late, mom is probably waiting anxiously for me inside.  But first, I need to calm myself down and act like nothing big just happened outside our house.  Oh geez, I hope mom wasn’t looking out of the window.  Oh dear… My life has just gotten a bit complicated.”

I stepped inside the house and surprisingly, it was quiet.  I kept walking to my kitchen and I was expecting to see my mom happily cooking something yummy.  But what I saw wasn’t what I expected. There was a man inside our house and he was trying to kidnap my mom or something.  He didn’t see me though, because before I reached the kitchen, I had hid behind a wall and peeked my head in carefully to see.  I could see that the kitchen was a mess and I looked on the floor to find some blood.  Wait BLOOD?!?!  I quickly looked over at my mom to see a cut on her arm and it was still bleeding.  She looked like she was losing strength. I was starting to panic so my mind was all over the place.  I finally collected myself and took out my phone calling the police.  After telling the police to hurry, I knew I needed to do something to save my mom.  But, using my confuddled brain, I came up with the most stupidest idea.  The next thing I knew was, I was running towards the man with a black mask on and a knife in his hand.  I saw my mom mouth something like “No, Vi!” and after that I felt myself land on the ground, in pain.  With all this happening at the same time, I lost conscious and fainted, not knowing what happened...

 


I woke up to a pain in my stomach area and groaned as I tried to get up.  But I just couldn’t because it hurt so bad.  I laid back down and then turned my head and saw I wasn’t at home anymore, but I was in a hospital room.  After a little bit, all the memories of last night flooded into my mind and I realized it was morning.  Then I remembered, mom. I began panicking again, trying to find my mom, but I couldn’t barely get up because it just hurt too much.  After struggling for what seemed like 1 hour, but was only 2 minutes, I gave up.

Finally after a few minutes of closing and resting my eyes some more, I heard the door open.  I turned my head and saw my mom.

“Mom,” I said weakly.

“Yes, Vi.  Thank goodness you are okay! I-I thought you wouldn’t make it!”, my mom said through sobs.

I her back and then hugged her with all my might and said, “It’s okay mom.  I’m okay.  But what happened?”

“Well, you remember how there was that mysterious man in our house right? Weellll, he was one of my co-workers and he threatened me to date him and marry him or else he would kill me.  But, of course, I can’t leave your dad, even though he may be far away because of his work, I’ll always stay loyal to him.  I made a promise with him.  And also to add to that, I can’t leave my precious baby girl.  But anyway, after you charged at him and tackled him, he somehow managed to stab you in the stomach area and so you were bleeding badly.  Before the man could do anything else, the police arrived and they arrested him for attempted murder.  We rushed you to the hospital and then you had to go through surgery, but the thing was it was risky and you could have died…”, then mom went back to sobbing again.

I reassured her and told her, “It’s okay mom.  Really, I’m okay.  I’m alive and that’s good.”

While I reassured my mom, I was thinking, “Wow, dang, I went through so much.  So that guy stabbed me.  Well, at least he’s in jail now.  Serves him right for trying to kill mom and stabbing me.  Oh shoot, what about my trainee packet that they are supposed to send.  Oh no, I hope my flight isn’t soon. Oh nooooo….

The nurse finally came in and checked on me.  She changed my bandages and everything.  Finally she finished and then asked, “Would you like anything?”

I replied, “When can I leave this hospital and how long does it take for my injury to heal?”

She replied, “Well, judging from your injury, I think you can leave after a week, but it’ll probably take about a month for you to fully heal.”

“Okay thank you!” I replied.  But inside, I was worried and disappointed because I’m probably going to be going to Korea soon and I probably won’t be able to heal in time.  For sure, they won’t take it easy on me or maybe they might kick me out of the company.  I’m really conflicted now...

 


1 week later…

“Your daughter is discharged today, you just need to fill out some forms and then you will be all set!” the nurse said.

I watched as my mom went to fill out the forms and then she came back to me with a huge grin on her face.  She then engulfed me in a hug and sighed, saying, “Vi, I’m glad you are okay.”

The hug started feeling a bit suffocated so I whined, “Moooom, you’re suffocating me.”

She laughed and then let me go.  Then we headed to the car where she drove me home and as soon as I got home, I flopped carefully onto the couch, I was too weak to go upstairs, and fell asleep right away.  

The next thing I knew was I woke up and it was dark.  I looked around for the time and found out it was 2 AM in the morning.  I decided to stand up and walk around for a bit to make me tired again because I just couldn’t fall asleep.  As I walked around the house, somehow finding myself wander into the kitchen, I saw a pile of mail.  But there were certain ones that caught my eye and they were all from JYPE…

 


 

A/N

Hello~ Annyeong~ I'm back and I had some spare time to update this story so I hope you enjoyed this chapter and the book so far!

Anyway, MAMA was earlier today for me. But, sadly, I couldn't watch it because I had school. Like in my time, it was supposed to air at 2 AM-6 AM. Ahh, so early and late at the same time. But, at least, my GOT7 boys, this year they got something. I heard last year that they didn't get anything last year, but only went to perform with BTS. I kinda want another BTS and GOT7 collab because last year looked really cool. I'M SO PROUD OF THEM THOUGH. THEY GOT WORLDWIDE FAVORITE ARTIST!!!

Well, have a good day everyone!

Please continue to read my book and voice your opinion! I will gladly accept and try to fix anything if I need to. Thank you for reading! <3