I : Coming Out

The Reality Dream

In the last chapter of Iven's story...

But what I didn't know was that they only used this texting conversation to install a tracking device on my phone. I didn't find out until the next morning where I was kidnapped into a van…

 


*Iven's POV

Setting: Singapore

I woke up the next morning feeling full of energy. I had a good feeling about today, but little did I know, I was wrong…

As I left my house, just like every morning, the weather and the mood of the day was very refreshing. I took a deep breath and then started walking. I put my headphones on and then walked to the beat.

Just as I approached the pathway that led to my school, a big, black van drove up to me. Before I knew it, my arms were pinned against my back and a piece of cloth was covered over my mouth. I tried to fight back, though the medicine in the cloth had already started working. The last thing I remembered was hearing the van's door closing.

As I woke up, I found myself in the back of the van. The van wasn't driving anymore and I could see light shining through the crack of the covered windows. I then decided to listen and try to see if I could run anywhere.

I looked through the crack and saw empty space everywhere. I was about the kick the door open when, I heard loud screams. Then I quickly fell back on my side and closed my eyes to pretend I was still out. Then, footsteps became louder and louder by the minute. Finally, it stopped. But, just then, the van's door flew open. I was scared and I wanted to just cry. Thoughts were rushing through my mind of what I should do.

"Am I going to die? Should I just try to beat whoever is at the van's door and escape? Should I just keep pretending to be sleeping still and hope they will go away? Idk.idk... I need help..."

But I heard a comforting voice of a stranger who said, "It's okay. Iven, you can relax.  I know you're awake. Come with me, I'll take you back."

I then felt the ropes that tied my body loosen and then a hand grabbed mine and started to drag me to their car. I tried to see their face but they had a mask and a hat on. In a flash, we were back at my hometown and I thanked the stranger and got out. I watched as the car drive away and finally came back to my senses.

It was almost the end of school, so I decided to just skip school and just go back home. It was just quiet as usual and my parents didn't suspect anything. My parents really didn't care what I did, they just provided me with food and all the other necessities, well except for caring about me.

I went up to my room and just flopped down on my bed just laying there. I thought over about what just happened to me earlier that day and thoughts were flooding my mind…

"Who were those people? Why were they trying to kill... no hurt me? Who was that person who saved me?...."

There were so many questions that filled my mind... I then just decided to stop thinking about it because I found no point in just thinking about it. Like, I couldn't change anything.

I decided to get ready for the night and went to get showered. As I was brushing my teeth, while checking my phone, I clicked on the mail app and then…

THERE WAS THE EMAIL I WAS WAITING FOR!!!

I clicked the email soo fast from JYPE and it had the confirmation number and the link to check to see if I passed or not. I was really nervous and so I slowly copied the number and clicked the link super fast. I then pasted the confirmation number in and then... The moment of truth.

I. HAD. PASSED!!!

I was celebrating with many jumps of joy and screams. Then, I realized it was night, so I quietly celebrated some more and finally looked at the times that they gave for me to meet. There were 5 choices and I picked the one in the afternoon right after school the next day.

 


The Next Day…

The sun was shining through my open blinds and straight at my face. I woke up squinting my eyes and covering my face for 5 minutes before I actually pulled myself out of bed.

As I got to school, I was in a very good mood until I met the bullies.  I was just walking down the hallways to my class when they came over.  The leader of the group slung his arm over my shoulder and smiled, forcing me to follow him to an empty place in the school.  

He whispered in my ear, "Come with us and don't make a sound or else."

I was a bit intimidated. But then, I remembered that it was the day that would decide if I was going to get into JYPE or not.  With that mood, I knew I had to show them the strong side of me I've been hiding for all these years, but only I have been expressing through my dancing.

I let them lead me to the empty place to make it seem like I was still just a wimpy and weak kid. I looked at their expressions, seeing how they were all smirking, I knew now was the time.  Immediately, I threw the leader's arm off my shoulder and kicked him towards all his friends who were basically his little "minions".  They all seem shocked at first, but then recovered, helping each other.  They gave each other looks of "let's beat him up" and nodded.  

I looked at them and gave them my blazing, angry look.  Confident I could beat them, I provoked them with the "bring it" gesture.

Soon enough, they were all running straight at me.  But I wasn't scared, I just smirked and then got the ground, swinging my leg.  I watched as they tumbled down like dominoes, and screaming like little girls.

I gave them one last look with my eyes burning and told them, " Don't mess with me anymore.  Pick on someone your own size."

All of them nodded quickly with their scaredy cat faces.  And from there, I never saw them again.  

I walked out of the empty place to my class, which of course, I was tardy to.  But the teacher was chill with me, since I was one of his favorite students.  As the rest of the day passed by slowly, it finally ended and I went straight to the JYPE place where I was supposed to meet up.

As I approached the room where I was supposed to meet up, I took a deep breath. I know you can do it Iven! Just be yourself and show your passion, you will be accepted. For sure.

I entered the room, and there were 4 judges sitting in the front.  The one in the middle gestured for me to come in.  I walked to the middle as instructed.

The middle one then spoke, "So, you are Iven, correct?"

I responded, "Yes."

"Congratulations on passing the first round.  We have reviewed your video many times and decided that you will automatically pass because you have talent.  We see the potential in you and all the passion you have.  This is perfect and what we are looking for in future kpop idols."

I was shocked, I can't believe all my hard work had paid off.  All that pain I went through, it paid off.  But I knew becoming a kpop idol would bring me more challenges and pain.

I bowed continuously, saying, "Thank you" over and over.

They all smiled and finally the middle one spoke again, " Congratulations, we will send your packet in the mail."

I thanked them again one last time.  Then I exited out of the room, releasing all my excitement until I was tired.  I arrived home in a happy mood and fell asleep dreaming about what was coming up for me.

 

 


 

A/N

Hello my kpop beauties... I really don't know what to call you guys, but feel free to comment some ideas :)

Well, here's another update because school hasn't been too hard on me and I've been able to write some stuff. Also OMG MY GOT7 ALBUM CAME HOME!!!! ITS SO BEAUTIFUL *cries tears of joy*

I didn't get a Mark photocard but that's okay, at least I have the album!

Anyway, I might not be able to update for some time but we will see. It all depends on my schedule and I'm sorry for those who are waiting. Please forgive me and I apologize in advance.

Well I hope you have a good morning/afternoon/night!

Thank you for reading and feel free to voice your opinion on my story so far :)