V : Last Week of School

The Reality Dream

In the last chapter of Vivian's story...

But, I was awoken to a strange sound… The sound of something crashing and horrifying…

 


Vivian’s POV

Setting: California, USA

 

*CRASH* *CREEEAAAAKKKKKKK* *BOOM* *CRASH*

I was sleeping ever so soundly, until, I heard this.  I immediately jolted awake, bringing my body up quickly, still on the bed.  I looked around, alarmed, but only to find out that there was a big, horrible storm outside.  I had a fear of storms, though.  So I crawled back into my bed, into the covers I went, with the blankets over my head.  I was under there and I realized that my mom wasn’t at home, or was she.  I gathered all my strength and courage and then walked out of my room slowly.  As I peeked down from the stairs, I saw nothing, it was dark and still.  That scared me even more.  I immediately made a dash back into my room and under the covers with my phone.  As I clicked my home button, the screen lightened up and it read 8:31 PM.  I began calculating the time that mom had to work and turns out, she should be coming home soon, at 9 PM.  I just had to be strong for about 29 more minutes and then I can cuddle with my mom.  Vi, you can do this. It's only 29 minutes. It's not that long. Calm~ Okay, I can do this.  Ooh, I know what can distract me for the time. Let's listen to GOT7, they always bring me comfort.  I grabbed my headphones in my nightstand and then clicked on my GOT7 playlist.  I just pressed play and the phone chose the song.  As I closed my eyes to listen and focus on the song, the first thing I heard was snow…

Subaek beon seonggonghanjeok eomneun gobaek

(Hundreds of confessions without success)

Jasingami eomneun na should I just go back

(I feel so unconfident should I just go back)

Bandeusi gobaekhanda

(I say I’ll confess for sure)

Malman hamyeon mwohae in the end

(But it’s pointless with no actions in the end)

Ni apeseo deul su eomneun naui gogae

(Can’t keep my head up in front of you)

Nan niga joha i mari dodaeche wae eoryeounji

(I’m in love with you, why are these words so hard)

Mal haryeoda mallyeoda mal haryeoda mallyeoda

(I keep hesitating to say over and over again)

Pyeonjireul sseoseo juneun geot majeodo wae himi deulji

(Why is it so hard just to write a simple letter)

Sseotdaga tto jjijeotda sseotdaga tto jjijeotda

(I keep writing and tearing it over and over again)

As the song played and it approached the chorus, I began to feel sleepy, once again.  

 


The Next Day…

“Wake up~ Wake up!” I slowly opened my eyes to find my mom waking me up for school.  She smiled at me and then gave me a nice, comforting hug. 

“Did my baby sleep well?”, my mom asked, with her loving smile.

I nodded, still half asleep.  She ruffled my hair a bit and then said, “Well it’s time to get ready to go back to school.  I’ll go with you today since I need to tell the teachers about your departure.”

My departure? Departure……… OMG MY DEPARTURE

With that, I finally woke up, realizing that there was only 5 days until I have to go to Korea for the start of my trainee.  Immediately, I got up and then got ready for school.  Once I was downstairs, I saw that mom was already ready to and go.  I quickly went into the car and we drove to school.

As we were driving I was thinking about many things. I wonder what we are doing in school right now? When I get home, I really should start packing for my trip.  This is gonna be hard to pack since I can only take limited things.  I wonder how everyone is gonna react to my leaving.  It’s so nice that mom is here.  How am I gonna live without her, I’m gonna miss her. Wait, speaking of mom, doesn't she have work? She already had taken a break yesterday morning for me and I don't want her to be taking so many breaks for me and ending up losing her job.

"Mom, shouldn't you be at work? I don't want you to end up losing your job because of me."

She didn't answer, but,  I just let her be because I didn't want to give her any more stress because I knew she was already going through a whole lot of stress from the aftermath of the incident with the coworker.

Once we parked in the front of the school, my mom was by my side, arm in arm, walking with me into the school.  After a while, she finally answered, “Oh, well, I told them about how you are leaving soon and how I needed some time to spend with you.  My boss understood and so he gave a week off so that I could have spend as much time as I can, with the time leftover.  Besides, you leave in 5 days.”

I just thought about that and was pretty happy, but sad at the same time.  We entered the school and we went to the office where my mom talked to the counselor.  We finished talking and the counselor told my mom that she would take care of all of it.  It was almost time for school, so my mom escorted me to the hallway and then we went our separate ways.  Before, my mom started walking towards the door, she shouted, “Have a good day at school, darling! See you after school!”

I waved to her and then went to my first class.  As I went into my class and sat down, almost everyone seemed to start crowding around me, asking if I was okay.  I was kinda shocked by this because I wasn’t popular in this school.  In fact, I was probably one of the quiet students.  I nervously smiled at everyone and told them I was fine.  Finally, class started and I was just sitting there in peace.  The teacher then made his daily announcements and he looked at me for a while, kinda signaling me.  I realized he probably found out that I was leaving from my counselor and was asking me if he should announce it.  I shook my head no because I wasn’t ready for more people to crowd me, just to say goodbye or something.  I needed some time to get used to the noisy school again.

Class ended and pretty soon, it was lunchtime.  I headed to my locker to find my best friends and Chris? I smiled at all of them happily and they all seemed happy to see me too, especially Chris.  We ended up having a group hug and then they all wished me welcome back.  During the middle of lunch, I could see my best friends whispering to each other and Chris… I had a feeling they were planning something and they probably thought I wasn't going to suspect anything.

So I asked, “So what are you guys whispering about?”

They all somehow just smiled and laughed and said, “Nothing.”

I knew I wasn't going to be able to get anything out of my best friends so I kinda gave up.  

Just then, Chris asked, “So, how do you feel, Vivian? Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I'm totally fine and pretty okay.  It's just sometimes, if I do something too rough or carelessly, it hurts.”

“Well, Vivi, if you ever need help, just call me. I'll always be here for you.”

Oh dear. I was kinda embarrassed by this and I could see my best friends grinning teasingly at me. I just said, “Thanks.”

The bell finally rang and everyone headed to their next class.  Thank goodness the bell rung because the awkwardness in the lunch table with Chris was just way too much for me to handle.  The day passed and it was finally time to go home.  I kinda just sneaked out quickly so no one would be able to catch me, especially my best friends or Chris.  I bet if my best friends caught me, they would probably tease me about Chris and who knows what else they might be planning.  If Chris caught me, man, that would be pretty awkward.

Once I got home, my mom helped me pack for my temporary, possibly permanent, move to Korea for my trainee life.  It was quiet as we packed and I could tell that mom was thinking about what if I was gone.  She has been thinking about me ever since I told her that I passed.  I’ve even caught her talking about me in her sleep too.  I was worried for my mom because I wasn’t sure how she was going to deal with me away, far, far away.

That night, when she was tucking me into bed, I pulled her into a tight embrace and told her, “Mom, I’m gonna miss you when I’m in Korea.  But, please, take care of yourself and don’t worry too much about me.  I’ll try to contact you as much as I can.  But, I have a feeling they will take away our technology so I will try to talk to you as much as I can.  Please, promise me that you will take care of yourself well.”

She hugged me back tight and said in her warm, comforting voice, “Don’t worry honey, I will.  But you better keep your promise or else I might not keep my promise.  Anyway, good night, my dear princess.” With that, she left my room and I fell asleep.


The next few days were the same, but, the last day before I was scheduled to depart to Korea, it was chaotic.  At school, everyone was coming up to me and telling me goodbye, good luck, or just something else personal.  I even got a confession from one of the popular jocks.  But, of course, I didn’t accept because I knew it wouldn’t last due to the long distance relationship and two, he was popular, he was bound to break up with me because he found a better girl.  That’s usually the case with dating popular jocks so I rather not get involved with them.

 


It was finally the last night I would spend at home in the United States with my mom.  Soon enough, the morning would come and I would be off to Korea to start my training to possibly debut as a kpop idol.  I had finished packing with my mom, but I decided that I should take one last time to check to see if I had everything.  The next thing I knew, while I was checking my luggage, tears began streaming down my eyes.  I began breaking down and luckily, my mom wasn’t at home at the moment, or I thought so.  My mom suddenly popped her head into my room and she engulfed me in a hug, comforting me.  We had already had our girls night out a few nights ago and also we had our last deep talk.  After a few minutes of my mom just my back and hugging me tightly, I finally calmed myself down.

“Mom, thank you so much for all the support you give me.  I’ll really miss you.”

She just nodded and soon, we fell asleep, cuddled together.

The alarm I set to wake up went off and I woke up, finding my mom still next to me.  I looked at the clock and it was 5:00 AM, in the morning.  My flight was at 7:00 AM which wasn’t too bad since it wasn’t that early.  I shook my mother awake and we got ready to go.  The car ride to the airport was quiet, but there was slight traffic.  Luckily, I got there on time with enough time to still say my farewell to my dear mom.  She walked me into the airport and after a while, we finally found the group of trainees there.  Among them, there was Chris and my best friends? Wait, why are my best friends here? They didn’t audition for JYPE and if they had, they would have told me.

I hugged my mom for the last time and we said our goodbyes to each other.  I kissed my mom and with that, I headed towards the group of trainees.  As I was running there, I could see that Chris and my best friends came out and then they were just standing there, strangely.  

Suddenly, I saw Chris walking towards me and then he pulled me into a hug.  I was shocked, but what he said after was something I wasn’t expecting...

 


 

A/N

I finally got time to write and update. I'm really sorry that I take some time to update, I feel bad T-T

 I was going to update a bit earlier, but I had to explore the editor again.  For some reason, the text editor wouldn't just let me copy and paste from Google Docs.  It would clear my format so I'm still looking around.  Please bear with me :/ 

If you know an easier way on how I could somehow write or like fix this problem, please do suggest it. Help is welcomed! :D

Anyway, thank you for supporting me so far and feel free to voice your opinion :3