V : Unexpected Day

The Reality Dream

In the last chapter of Vivian's story...

After I had fun at the festival, I went home and just did whatever I did everyday. But that night, I received an email from JYP Entertainment.

 


Vivian’s POV

Setting: California, USA

The email that I was waiting for had finally arrived. I quickly got on my bed and clicked on the mail app on the bottom of my screen. Then I clicked the email, there was some information at the top so I scrolled down fast to see my results, but I didn’t see anything. I started to panic. What? Wait, did I not pass? I knew it… Wait, Viivian, calm down, let’s relook at the email, maybe you scrolled past it.

I hesitated, but then I decided to slowly scroll up. As I reached the middle of the email, there was the link. I clicked on the link and while waiting for it to load, I thought to myself, “Stupid Vivian. I really am so so stupid.”

The link finally loaded and the results…..

I PASSED. OH MY GOSH, THANK YOU GOD!

There were times for the next round of auditions and I checked each one. But, I was busy for all of them. I looked around the website for a bit and then I found the FAQs section. I scrolled through and saw the question of “What if I can’t make it to any of the dates suggested?” I clicked on it, and it led me to a single sentence which read:

If you can’t make it to any of the dates suggested, please email us at *insert jyp email*

Immediately, I emailed the email address. Then I decided to do something else while waiting for their reply. They probably are gonna take days to respond since it’s such a big company. I took a shower and checked my social media. After 1 hour, I finally checked my email again, I didn’t expect an email back but, they responded. I clicked the email, and there was a new link. It loaded more dates for me, and it was perfect. I chose the option of meeting them early morning this weekend.

 


*Fast forward to Friday night

Tomorrow, I was going to see the JYPE people and audition once more. Hopefully, if I pass, I will be able to become a trainee over in Korea at JYPE. I made sure that I was ready and went to sleep early since I would need to wake up early the next morning.

 


The Next Morning…

I woke up feeling well rested and look at my clock. It was 6:43 AM. Wow, I woke up before my alarm went off, that’s a first time since forever.

I then got ready and headed to the building where the JYPE staff were supposed to be waiting. As I approached the room, my heart beat faster and faster, making me more nervous. I knew this wasn’t good, so I took a few giant deep breaths to calm me down. It worked, but once I got inside the room and saw the 3 judges, my heart went back to beating so fast. I felt like I had a bird flapping its wings inside me.

The middle judge who was a lady, she asked me, “Are you nervous?”

I didn’t know what to do since I was scared it was a trick question. But out of instinct, I nodded. Once I nodded, I thought to myself, “Oh dear, what did I just do? Is she going to kick me out because I said I was nervous? Are kpop idol trainees not supposed to answer honestly? Oh, no oh no, please help me-”

My thoughts were interrupted when she spoke again, “ Oh, it’s okay to be nervous, don’t worry.” She gave me a warm smile that made me calm down. “Now, Vivian, I see that you have auditioned to sing, we looked over your video and we just need to confirm one thing. I just need you to sing a song you love.”

I nodded and began singing:

Invisible in the fog

I have to find myself, yeah

The hope in that small light

Just Spread Your Wings

To the end

Follow the sound of your heartbeat

Close your eyes

Spread out your dreams

A world that you’ve never seen before

Will appear before you

Fly above the clouds

Cause Your Wings Are Made To Fly~

I finished singing, forgetting where I was because I was so into my singing.

The lady clapped for me and then she said, “Vivian, that was truly beautiful. You are very passionate about your singing and you put your whole soul into it. That’s important thing that I believe kpop idols need. Congratulations, you will receive a packet in the mail.”

I thanked all the judges while bowing constantly and I was grinning as I went out. As I arrived home, I told my mom the news and she picked me up, congratulating me. I then headed to my room texting my best friends, Brookie and Victoria saying how I had passed for my auditions and I would become a trainee. They didn’t respond though. But that was okay because I knew why. They were probably still asleep since it was early.

I was deep into thought just thinking about my life when I heard my text notification. I picked up my phone, excited, thinking it was my besties, but it was from an unknown number. The text said:

- Hey Vivi, it’s Chris. You’re probably wondering how I got your number since you never gave it to me. I got it from your friends, they are such good friends. :) Anyway, I wondering if you had any time so we could hangout. ;)

I really didn’t know what to say. Wow, this guy really has a crush on me to get my number already. But he seems nice, I’ll give it a try. I responded back:

- Hi Chris, thanks for the invite. I would love to hangout sometime. I’m available today if you wanna hangout.

- Great! I’ll see you at the cafe @2! See you later, Vivi! :D

With that, I went to get ready to go see Chris. I wore semi-fancy casual clothes since it wasn’t a date, or at least I didn't think so.

It was finally 1:30 PM and so I decided to head out to the cafe so I could have some time to relax. I arrived at the cafe around 1:50 PM, thinking that I was pretty early and he wouldn’t be there. But I was wrong, there he was, in his nice flannel and jeans, along with his casuall styled hair. Chris was sitting near the window so I could see him. The momont he saw me, he waved at me, smiling and got out of his seat to open the door for me.

When we met at the door, he seemed very happy and said, “Vivi! I’m so glad that you actually came!”

As we went in, he put his arm over my shoulder, grinning at me. I nodded smiling back but inside, I was uncomfortable. He seem happy that I’m here. But the way he puts his arm over my shoulders doesn’t seem like a friendly gesture. I think he means more than friend. Wait, if he likes me, shouldn’t he be nervous around me?

I looked at him again and he was staring at me. I quickly looked away, blushing. I was scared that he saw me blushing, but he didn’t since we reached our table which he had reserved and he was distracted with talking to the waiter. He pulled the chair out for me and then sat down across from me.

He then asked, “So, Vivi, what would you like?”

I replied, “I’m okay.”

“Vivian, it’s okay. Just tell me what you want. I want to treat you!”

Wait, he wants to treat me? What did I do for him to treat me?

I was interrupted in my thoughts when I felt him holding my hand and squeezing it slightly saying in a pleading voice and doing aegyo, “Come on Viviiiiii, let me treat you!”

I finally agreed and he squealed in happiness. Then I saw him signal the waiter and with that, she brought out a latte which was decorated at the top with hearts. I was touched with this and I was looking at it with sparkling eyes. I drank from it and closed my eyes letting out a “MMmmmmm” and savoring the taste. When I opened my eyes, I saw Chris looking at me with his elbows propped on the table. Immediately, I looked away, blushing and embarrassed.

I was busy calming myself down when I felt a hand and his voice, “Aww Vivi, don’t look away. You are so cute when you are blushing. Don’t hide your beautiful face away from me.”

My head was facing him, but my eyes weren’t, I couldn’t afford looking at him. I was so flustered and I decided to use the coffee cup to block my view from him. I finished the coffee cup and quickly set it down.

Then I told him, “Thanks Chris for this. It was fun, but I gotta go. Bye!”

I quickly stood up in a rush and headed out the door. But before I could get outside, I felt Chris pull my hand and lead me to the park.

He said in a serious voice, “Not so fast, Vivian. Come here.”

I looked at his face and it wasn’t that smiling, happy face anymore. It was a serious face and it was scary. Oh goodness, what have I really done this time? He’s so serious and there’s something in his eyes that makes me very uncomfortable. Wait, he has my hand, where is he taking me? I then felt his fingers intertwined with mine. Ummmmm…what is he doing now? My face was now blushing but, my thoughts were confused and scared.

We finally stopped at the edge of a river. He was still holding my hand. The wind was lightly blowing and it brushed through my hair effortlessly. The mood was just right for Chris to pop the question.

 


 

A/N

OMG I finally got the time to write and some inspiration too. I've been busy with school, especially with band and my writing wheel has been like slowing down so nothing has been able to come out.

But my marching band season should be done by this week and hopefully, I will have time to write more. My championships are this weekend and I'm so nervous and scared. Wish me luck guys!

Anyway, thank you for reading and feel free to voice your opinion on my story so far! ^-^