V : Auditions with Chris

The Reality Dream

A/N

Just to introduce how my story will be formatted, there will be 2 main Point of Views(POV) of a girl and a guy. Every chapter will switch between the guy, Iven and the girl, Vivian. As you can see the first chapter and all the odd number chapters will be the girl. And the even number chapters will be the guy.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy :)

 


*Vivian's Point of View(POV)

Setting: California, United States

I was standing outside a big, tall building with my earphones in, taking breaths of air to calm myself down. It was a sunny morning and everything was peaceful. When I had calmed myself down enough, I decided it was time to go inside. I took my earphones out and went inside. As soon as I went inside, I saw arrows pointing to where I needed to go.

The signs read: "JYP auditions this way."

As I entered the big room, I saw people spread out everywhere. Most of them were listening to their music, practicing their audition, filling out forms, or just socializing. I looked around for the registration table and finally found it after 5 minutes of jumping up and down. I approached the lady at the registration table and she said:

"Hello, you're here for the JYP global auditions right?

"Yes."

"Here is the form you need to fill out. When you're done, bring it back and I will give you your audition number."

I thanked the lady and went to a wall to fill out my form. When I finished, I headed back to the registration table, just like the lady had told me. The lady took my form, looked over at it for a little bit, and then gave me an audition number sticker. She gave me instructions on what I should do, and so I thanked her again and headed back to the wall.

When I reached the wall, I put my earphones in and started practicing for my audition. I was auditioning to sing. I knew that JYPE preferred people who could dance, but I decided it was worth a try.

A few minutes later, it was finally time for them to start the auditions. They made an announcement for each of the auditioning categories and then told us to go to a certain line for the different categories.  I put my earphones into my bag and then headed into the line where many people were auditioning to sing. Everyone was talking to each other, but I was too shy to talk to anyone. Just then, a boy who was behind me, tapped my shoulder.  He had soft, short brown hair that was casually syled to the side and he was at least 3 inches taller than me.  He was wearing a simple t-shirt with jeans, but he looked nice.  He said:

"Hey, I'm Chris. What are you auditioning in? Are you nervous?"

I replied, "Singing and yeah..."

He told me, "I know how you feel. I've auditioned once before, but I'm still nervous. Sorry for not asking, but what's your name?"

"Vivian."

"That's a pretty name, anyway, later Vivian," he smiled at me brightly and walked away to the line where people were auditioning for 2 or more categories.

As time passed, it was finally my turn to come into the auditioning room with other strangers. They got us to line up in a straight line and then told us to go in single file and behind the tape. They also told each person instructions on what to do once it was their turn like if you were singing then you sang until the judge stopped you and you were to look at the camera, dancers would need to freestyle, etc.

I noticed the guy who talked to me, Chris was in my group but he was auditioning to sing and dance. I wasn't so surprised since many people also did that.

It was finally time and we were all called in. I stepped up to the tape and lined up like one of the staff had told us along with 4 other people who were auditioning just for singing.

I was the first one in line and I was so nervous since it was my first time. My mind blanked out and I was starting to freak out. I looked around and there was Chris, smiling and he mouthed the word "Hwaiting." I quickly looked away, blushing. But before I could recover from my feelings, the judge told me to start.

I took a deep breath and began to sing:

There's a song that's inside of my soul,

It's the one that I tried to write over and over again,

I'm awake in the infinite cold,

But you sing to me over and over and over again.

So I lay my head back down,

And I lift my hands and pray,

To be only your I pray,

And I know now you're my only hope~

I was about to sing the next line when the judge stopped me and then she told the next person to go. I didn't know if this was a good sign or not, but I had a feeling that she didn't like my voice, so she stopped me.

The time went on and it was finally Chris' turn. I didn't know why, but I was eager to hear his voice and see his audition. He looked confident and finally he began:

Through the fire, to the limit, to the wall

For a chance to be with you, I'd gladly risk it all

Through the fire, through whatever come what may

For a chance at loving you, I'd take it all away

Right down through the wire, even through the fire

I spit it through the wire man

There's too much stuff on my heart right now man…

Chris finally finished his rapping and the judge seemed interested. I thought to myself "Chris will probably be able to get in and fulfill his dreams"

The time passed and the auditions were finally done. We all went out and then the head staff made an announcement:

"Thank you everyone for coming and auditioning for the JYP Global Auditions. We will send out the results to you in the next week. Please be patient and we wish you a fantastic day!"

I was beginning to head out of the building when Chris called out:

"Vivian, wait up!"

I turned around and said, "Hey."

Chris was breathing heavily from running and was catching his breath. He finally spoke:

"You did good today. Your voice was beautiful. "

"Thanks, though the judge stopped me so early and I doubt I would ever be able to become a trainee."

"Don't worry, I saw her face, she was trying to hide that she liked your voice and to trick you and others to make it seem like she was strict, so she stopped you early."

"I don't know about that Chris. But thanks for supporting me back there.  I wouldn't have remembered my audition without you," I smiled.

He patted my head and said, "No problem, Vivi. Anyway, I gotta go, my mom is calling me."

I was left there alone, dumbfounded and frozen. No one called me by 'Vivi' unless we were close. I had a feeling that he liked me and I liked him.

I finally came back to my senses and headed home. Once I got home, I headed straight for bed after dinner and went to sleep, thinking about my day and Chris.

 

 

A/N

Thank you for reading and feel free to voice your opinion on my story so far :)