la fin

Âmes Soeurs
Please log in to read the full chapter

LA FIN

 Kibum meets with Jonghyun the next day in front of the Han River. They’re sitting on the stairs in front of the floating stage, watching the water slowly pass by. The sun is shining from a blue sky and the heat has caused Kibum to regret his skinny jeans and t-shirt attire. Jonghyun is dressed in a light shirt and a pair of shorts. They’re not looking at each other. Kibum is trying to find the courage to apologize for leaving Jonghyun the day before but he can’t find it. It’s Jonghyun that speaks first.

“I’m sorry,” he says and Kibum braces himself as he turns to Jonghyun and looks at him. Jonghyun isn’t looking at him. Kibum takes a deep breath and closes his eyes for a short second.

“You don’t have to be.” There’s a pause before he talks again. “It’s my fault for leaving without reason.”

This has Jonghyun turning his head and the two men get eye contact.

“It wasn’t without reason,” Jonghyun says, voice low and timid and Kibum bites his lower lip as he looks away.

“It was. It wasn’t fair to leave you like that because of your words. It’s just …” Kibum swallows the lump in his throat and feels his stomach twist uncomfortably at the confession he’s about to make. “I got scared of losing Jinki and he… He means a lot to me.”

Jonghyun widens his eyes in understanding and then shakes his head a little.

“I didn’t mean to...” he says but Kibum interrupts him.

“I know. It’s not your fault. I was insecure. I figured you would fall in love with me and not my fiancé.”

There’s silence between them for a minute or two before Jonghyun suddenly starts chuckling. It starts small, suppressed and hidden by a hand until he can’t keep it in. Kibum just looks at him in confusion. His lips slowly start curling upwards as Jonghyun continues laughing and Kibum doesn’t realize just how easily Jonghyun’s laughter affects him until he, too, starts laughing.

When they calm down a few minutes later, Jonghyun turns to Kibum with a smile and a glint in his eyes.

“I’m sorry, it’s a little absurd to think about. I wasn’t expecting to crush on him either,” he says and Kibum reciprocates the smile and nods a little. “I understand why you’re so in love with him, though.”

This has butterflies stir in Kibum’s stomach and he bites his lower lip to prevent a small blush.

“He’s great,” he agrees and Jonghyun starts humming a little.

It isn’t until a couple of minutes later before Kibum recognizes the song. He turns wide-eyed to Jonghyun who is looking at the Han-river again.

“That song,” Kibum says and Jonghyun stops humming.

“Oh, yeah, I’m sorry, I hum children’s songs a lot, they get stuck really quickly when I work with the kids in the anxiety ward.” Kibum just blinks at this new piece of information. “You okay?”

Jonghyun tilts his head as he looks at Kibum and Kibum nods a little.

“Sure. I’m sorry.”

He sends Jonghyun a smile and turns to look at the river before them again. Jonghyun returns to his humming.

They part an hour later and Kibum feels at ease. The sky is still without a cloud although the wind has picked up a little and it makes it comfortable to walk through the city. There’s plenty of people out on the streets, high school students getting off of school eating ice cream and laughing on their way towards the river park and Kibum sends them a smile. He sees busy men and women hurry from their work and elderly people trying to sell vegetables on the streets.

He walks through the streets and sees every store open, calling out for attention and customers. He almost gets lured into an Etude House when the saleswoman grabs his elbow and tells him that they have a great sale and that he can make his girlfriend happy. He takes it as a compliment that she deems him too young to be married but has to decline her offer nonetheless because he doesn’t have a girlfriend and he’s convinced Taeyeon wouldn’t be very happy with him gifting her a lot of things.

He feels his phone vibrate in his pocket and stops in the middle of the pavement, causing an elderly lady to run into him, cursing him as he apologizes profusely. He returns to his phone, only to light up into a smile when he sees the text message from Minho. Kibum isn’t in a hurry to return home, though, and he spends most of the early evening soaking up the atmosphere of the late spring day in the capital he has spent his adult life.

When he does return home, they’re eating dinner. Jinki sends him a small smile and Minho sends him a wave. Yoojin is too busy to eat to greet him but Kibum doesn’t mind. Minho is talking about wanting to go Jeju so he can take pictures in Hallim Park and Yoojin looks up and begs him to wait until she's on vacation so she can go with him. Kibum is observing his family while father and daughter bicker about her school and he feels his heart swell a little with pride. It’s not complete because he’s missing people but it’s right. It’s like it should be and it’s something he wouldn’t trade for anything in the world. As much as he doesn’t understand his soulmates and why he has 4, he’s grateful for what the two around the table has given him and he’s looking forward to giving to and getting from the two missing.

Jinki finds him later in the evening in front of the TV, action thriller playing on the screen.

“Did you talk to Jonghyun?” he asks and Kibum hums his yes. Jinki just nods and gently squeezes his shoulders before he presses a kiss to Kibum’s cheek. “I’m proud of you,” he says and Kibum looks around him to look at Jinki. Jinki doesn’t elaborate, however, and Kibum goes back to watching the movie as a car explodes on the screen.

 

“Kibum, Kibum, Kibum!” Yoojin says and plops down on the bed, her father’s smartphone in hand. Kibum pulls the blanket closer around him and snuggles into his pillow. He’s the only one in bed, the rest of them has probably been awake for hours, but it’s Saturday and Kibum had had a difficult falling asleep yesterday night. Yoojin just punches the blanket lightly and giggles when he yawns. “Come on Kibum!” she says and hits the blanket again. Kibum turns around in bed so he can look at her.

“What is it?” he asks, voice hoarse with sleep and she sends him a wide smile and holds the phone close to her chest.

“Dad said I should ask if I could be … uh … what did he call it?” She tilts her head upwards and places her finger on her chin while she thinks and Kibum just observes her. “Bridesmaid!” she exclaims a few seconds later. Kibum blinks a little. He wasn’t prepared for that question.

“We … what about flower girl?” he asks instead, not wanting to promise her too much if Jinki doesn’t want bridesmaids. Yoojin turns to look at him.

“What’s that?” she asks and Kibum yawns before he explains it to her.

“Can I wear pretty dresses?” she asks when Kibum has finished his explanation and the man nods to her. This has her widening up in a large smile. Then she hands the phone to Kibum. Kibum squints at the screen before a picture of a dress comes into view. “Jinki said I should ask you about clothes because he doesn’t have a fashion sense!”

Kibum snorts at that comment but nods his head anyway. He looks at the dress on the screen before he hands the phone to Yoojin again.

“I’ll be back in a minute,” he tells her while he crawls out of bed and leaves Yoojin on the mattress. She looks at him confused as Kibum finds his slippers and leaves the master bedroom to go to the bathroom.

When he returns Yoojin has climbed under his blanket and is looking through the phone. Kibum places himself next to her on the bed and looks over her shoulder to see the dress she’s looking at. She notices him and turns the phone towards him with a silent question. The dress on the screen has a silver top and a white skirt of tulle. It’s sparkling with small diamonds on the skirt as well. Kibum tilts his head as he looks at the dress before he turns to Yoojin.

“Do you like this?” he asks and Yoojin takes the phone back and bites her lower lip.

“Don’t you?” she asks as a counter-question and Kibum looks back at the dress over her shoulder. It looks like a tiny prom dress. It’s not something he had considered for his wedding and the sparkles are certainly bound to attract attention. He has a hard time imagining Yoojin in this kind of dress so he’s surprised that she has even found it to begin with. She scrolls a little further down the page. Most of the dresses are white, many of them are for much younger children as well. Most of them also have tulle skirts.

They spend an hour in bed looking at flower dresses, pointing out different kind of dresses. Some of them have Yoojin scrunching up her nose and others have her smiling. It’s Minho who interrupts their dress-looking when he opens the door to the bedroom and finds them still in bed, Kibum still dressed in his pajamas.

“Shouldn’t you two get dressed?” he asks and Kibum turns around in the bed so he can look at his soulmate. Yoojin ignores her father.

“It’s Saturday,” Kibum says and raises an eyebrow and Minho just shakes his head.

“Yoojin, come on, get dressed.”

It’s only then that Yoojin looks up and acknowledges her father. She climbs out of the bed and hurries into her own room. Minho sends Kibum a pointed look before he leaves, closing the door behind them. Kibum just looks towards the door for a few seconds before he, too, gets out of bed and gets dressed. He finds Jinki on the couch, looking through an old notebook with recipes. Jinki doesn’t see him when Kibum places himself beside him, too occupied with scrawling notes to the recipes. Kibum leans over so he can press a kiss to Jinki’s cheek and ask what he’s doing. Jinki looks up slowly with a smile and then points to the book.

“Fixing old recipes.” Kibum can recognize Jinki’s grandmother’s handwriting on some of them, others are Jinki’s own scribbles. Jinki is too preoccupied with rewriting recipes and adding and removing ingredients to think much of Kibum next to him. Minho finds them in the living room a little later. Yoojin passes them and runs outside and the door slams closed behind her. Minho just sighs and walks towards the kitchen and Kibum gets up so he can follow the man. In the kitchen, he presses close to Minho’s back and Minho lets out a hearty chuckle.

“What are you doing?” he asks and Kibum presses closer.

“Convincing you to love me,” he says and Minho just shakes his head fondly before he walks towards the counter so he can get himself a cup of tea. Kibum releases him as he starts heating the water up to give him space to move. They’re sitting at the table, the newspaper in front of Kibum while Minho drinks his tea.

“How are wedding preparations going?” Minho asks and absentmindedly reaches out to take the newspaper from Kibum as his eyes catch an article. Kibum sighs and looks towards the living room.

“We have the date and the guest list but that’s pretty much it.”

His answer has Minho looking up.

“You should send the invitations. It’s late May already. You guys need a theme as well and a venue.”

Minho’s words have Kibum nodding along. Yes. Yes, they need it all and they’re not very good at planning.

When Jinki enters the kitchen to get a snack, Kibum gets up from his chair and places a hand on Jinki’s shoulder. The other man looks back to get eye contact with Kibum and Kibum sends him a smile.

“Minho is telling me about all the things we need for our wedding,” he says and Minho chuckles behind them and shakes his head fondly. Jinki just looks at Kibum, his eyes looking at nothing in particular like always when he’s thinking.

“Then let’s plan,” he says. Kibum nods.

 

They sit at the kitchen table after dinner, their laptops open and papers spread on the table. They can hear Fox and the Hound playing in the living room where Minho and Yoojin are having quality time with some candy. Kibum looks at the guest list before he looks up again. They need to find a theme for the wedding and colors before they can go further. He doesn’t get to say anything, however, before Jinki suddenly turns to his laptop with an ‘oh’.

“I have …” he says and takes a deep breath while he writes something on the computer. When he turns it so Kibum can look at the screen, he’s staring at a picture of a wedding hall with darker colors and white flowers on stands, decorating the aisle. At the back is a white curtain as a background for the stage and the tables are spread around the aisle, making the view to both the aisle and the center stage perfect no matter where in the room you’re seated. The name on the page tells Kibum that it’s the Novotel Ambassador Hotel in Gangnam.

“You have?” he questions and Jinki sends him a small smile.

“I know you wanted the Shilla Seoul but it’s too expensive so I have rented the Novotel Ambassador Hotel for us. They said we could change the colors for an extra fee if we wanted but …”

Kibum blinks at the news. He had no idea.

“Please say something,” Jinki says a couple of seconds later. Kibum doesn’t know how to react, however. He’s pleasantly surprised that Jinki has done this for him. It isn’t a cheap venue for a wedding in any way and he’s pleased that Jinki listened when they were looking for venues, even though that had been without reason. He’s filled with love at the thought that the man he’s marrying loves him enough to remember small details like that, details that should seem insignificant but isn’t.

“It’s perfect,” he whispers a few seconds later as Jinki progressively becomes more and more nervous. Jinki heaves a relieved sigh and Kibum lights up in a smile. “The colors aren’t that bad,” he says. Despite the darker colors of the aisle and the tables, there’s plenty of lighting in the room. Jinki reaches over the table to squeeze Kibum’s hand and Kibum can’t help himself when he leans over the table so he can press his lips to Jinki’s in a passionate kiss.

When he pulls away, they’re both a little flushed. He looks towards the papers on the table and chuckles a little.

“We should…” he says and Jinki nods, but steals a kiss anyway before they turn back to their computers. It’s going to be a summer wedding but it’s not going to be a beach wedding. It’s probably going to rain because it usually rains in August. Kibum widens his eyes as an idea forms in his mind.

“Babe,” he says and Jinki looks up from his laptop. “Our theme should be rain.”

It feels like the right theme. Kibum can’t really imagine another theme. It’s not exactly conventional and it’s not really super romantic either but it feels right. He can almost imagine the light drizzle on August 28 while the two of them get married and the colors of blue, white and silver as they mix into the dark blue of the venue. They don’t even need to pay extra for another color scheme with rain.

“Rain?” Jinki asks, not as convinced as Kibum feels. Kibum nods but Jinki still isn’t getting it. It has Kibum sighing a little before he grabs a clean paper and writes rain in the middle of it.

“What colors do you think of when I say rain?” he asks and Jinki looks towards the paper between them.

“Grey,” he says. “It reminds me of thunderstorms and getting drenched.”

Kibum rolls his eyes and instead writes his own color scheme down. Jinki read the colors out loud but Kibum can still see that he isn’t convinced.

“You have to stop thinking of rain as a depressing thing. Imagine kisses in the rain,” Jinki scrunches up his nose, “ and dates we… Remember when I was 21 and we had a date to Everland and it suddenly started pouring rain? How much we were laughing even though we were drenched. How in love we were. Or remember the summer we went to Daegu to visit my parents a couple of years ago and it was raining non-stop so all the things we had planned outdoors got ruined and we had to spend the vacation indoors because of the rain?”

Kibum can see how Jinki starts to remember so he continues.

“Remember that time you picked me up after my final and it was raining so bad when we arrived home that we spent an hour waiting in the car kissing because neither of us wanted to get drenched before we reached the front step? Or the time you and Joon had been drinking and you were walking home in the rain and got sick the next day?”

Kibum hesitates when memories of him drenched and heartbroken interfere with the happy memories. He doesn’t want to say that out loud but it doesn’t seem necessary when Jinki nods and sends him a smile.

“You’re right,” he says and looks back to the paper. He spends a couple of seconds looking at the paper before he looks up again. “Blue orchids are really pretty.”

Kibum blinks at this new piece of information before he writes down orchids on the paper as well. Jinki turns to his laptop and Kibum stares at the paper. Blue orchids in a rain themed wedding. He can almost imagine how beautiful it’s going to be when Jinki turns his laptop back to Kibum and shows him a picture of a bouquet consisting of blue orchids and white lilies.

“Doesn’t it look pretty?” he asks and Kibum can only nod. It looks very pretty, the blue and the white contrasting very well. Jinki sends him a wide smile as if he’s proud of himself and Kibum snorts a little before he turns back to his computer.

They spend a couple of minutes looking through colors and flowers that can fit their simple color scheme of blue, white and silver. Kibum gets the idea to place blue lotus flowers on the tables as the decoration instead of large flower decorations. They can spend the money to get flower decorations up the aisle only and make them extraordinarily pretty. Jinki turns to Kibum and asks if it’s possible to make glass crystals in the form of raindrops and place them on the table as well and Kibum promises to call the venue and ask if it’s possible to get them to hang from the ceiling as well. They’re deep in their planning, creating and eliminating ways to incorporate blue and white into their wedding when Kibum remembers the invitations again.

“We should find an invitation we like,” he says and Jinki nods before they both start surfing again. There are plenty of different inspirations on the internet but most of them are grand displays and Kibum doesn’t want that. He doesn’t want multiple pages and a lot of information on his invitation. He doesn’t want the invitation cut in a specific way or folded in five different ways that can never be replicated once the invitation has been opened once. Jinki seems to have the same idea when he asks Kibum to join him on his side. Kibum plops down in Jinki’s lap before he takes a look at the computer. On the screen is a picture of a single paper, edges round and on it is a simple writing. He turns around to look at Jinki who just sends him a smile.

“It’s perfect,” Kibum whispers before he turns back to the computer so he can look at it. This is the design he wants. Simple and beautiful. It doesn’t have to be more.

“Do you want to make them yourself?” Jinki asks and Kibum thinks for a second until he decides that yes, he wants to make them himself. He can handwrite the cards. They just need to buy the paper. He shifts in Jinki’s lap so he can press his lips to Jinki’s and when he lets go, Jinki looks at him quizzically.

“I love you,” Kibum says instead of answering the unsaid question and Jinki just leans in to press their lips together again.

 

 

Lee Jinki & Kim Kibum
are delighted to invite you to celebrate their marriage
on Saturday, August 28, 2017 at 12.00 PM
at Novotel Ambassador Hotel, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
followed by dinner and dancing

Répondez, s'il vous plait

 

Kibum looks at the card and shakes his hand a little. Jinki had insisted that Kibum had written R.S.V.P in full because it was French and while Kibum hadn’t complained for the first 5 invitations he had written, he is starting to regret agreeing to that now. Kibum just hopes that people will understand because the only people they know that speak French are Jinki’s parents. Taemin is eating crackers next to him.

“I don’t get it,” Taemin says and eats another cracker. Kibum just hands him the invitation so he can put it in the envelope addressed to Kibum’s aunt Yewon.

“What don’t you get?” he asks and looks up as Taemin puts the invitation in the pile to the left, ready for sending.

“Why are you handwriting all the invitations?”

Kibum steals a cracker from Taemin and shrugs a little.

“They seem more personal that way, don’t they?” he says and Taemin just grabs his bag of crackers and removes it from Kibum’s range with a glare. Kibum ignores him and grabs the next card before he starts writing the next invitation.

“You still need to write another 20 and that’s excluding the invitation to me, which I by the way expect anyway,” Taemin says and reaches towards the 9 invitations that are ready to be delivered. Taemin spends time reading and rereading the addresses while Kibum writes the 10th invitation.

“You were supposed to help me, not discourage me,” Kibum says and Taemin groans and puts the invitations down on the table again in a small pile. The air condition is on, making the 25 degrees outside bearable in the kitchen.

They have the house to themselves while Jinki stole Minho and Yoojin so they could go shopping. They had decided late last evening that their suits should generally go with the color black. Kibum knows that he’s going to need a little color but he’ll take that when he has to buy his suit. Taemin sighs when he has no more crackers and places his chin on Kibum’s shoulder, causing Kibum to make a line that shouldn’t be there. He smacks Taemin’s head with the now ruined invitation before he grabs a new blank paper and starts over. Thank God they bought more than 29 cards so he has room to mess up.

“You should invite Jonghyun over so I have someone to talk to,” Taemin mumbles, his chin moving on Kibum’s shoulder with his words. Kibum ignores him as he writes his name before he puts the pen down and looks towards Taemin.

“Is my company really that horrible?” he asks and Taemin removes his head from Kibum’s shoulder and shakes his head.

“No, it’s …” he says and Kibum snorts and returns to his invitation. He knows that Taemin hadn’t been expecting to help with invitations but Kibum needs his help and what else does he have multiple soulmates for? Taemin doesn’t say anymore, just accepts the written invitation when Kibum’s hand him the paper and gently puts it in the envelope addressed to Lee Myungsoo and Pil Sangmi.

They work in silence for about 30 minutes until Taemin gets bored again and leans over the table, making sure he isn’t ruffling any paper. Kibum continues writing with a fond smile on his lips as he observes his soulmate in the periphery.

 

Kibum recognizes the blond hair and the small dachshund puppy so he sends him a small wave. The wave goes unseen as the man is busy talking to the woman beside him. When Kibum nears he finally gains the attention of the other man and Jonghyun smiles and beckons him over.

“I’ll see you later,” he says to the woman who nods and leans in to give him a hug and get the leash from him. Kibum just looks after her as she leaves them.

“Who...?” he asks but doesn’t get to finish his question before Jonghyun has already answered. It’s his sister Sodam. The more Kibum looks at her back, the more he realizes how alike the two siblings are and he nods.

“So where are we going?” Jonghyun asks and Kibum stretches his arms in the arm. It’s a hot day in the middle of June and he has asked Jonghyun to meet him in the park. Kibum wants a day off but he hasn’t told Jonghyun that. He and Jinki have been discussing menus and decorations the past couple of days and Kibum needs a day where he doesn’t have to focus on his job and come home to more preparations. Jonghyun just looks at him curiously.

“To get ice cream,” Kibum says and grabs Jonghyun’s wrist so he can drag him along. Jonghyun just laughs behind him before he catches up and walks next to Kibum. They get their ice cream and find a shaded spot under a tree. The earth is hard but neither man cares as they eat their ice cream happily. Jonghyun is talking about an artist he discovered a few days ago through a patient and how much he likes the music. Kibum just listens silently and nods at the right places, fascinated with Jonghyun’s fascination. When Jonghyun asks to the wedding, Kibum tells him he doesn’t want to talk about it or else he’s going to go crazy before the actual wedding and Jonghyun laughs and stirs the conversation in a new direction.

They’re fighting against their melting ice cream 5 minutes later with sticky hands and wide smiles and as Kibum looks over at Jonghyun and notices the strawberry ice cream on his nose he starts laughing. Jonghyun raises a questioning eyebrow but Kibum doesn’t say anything. It isn’t until they’re both finished that Kibum points it out and Jonghyun embarrassed wipes his nose. They get off of the grass to find a toilet where they can wash their hands, Jonghyun pushing Kibum as they joke around on their way to the nearest toilet. Kibum can feel his heart soar, much like it does when he’s with Jinki or Minho and he’s comfortable in the way he is with Taeyeon. As he lets the water run over his fingers and he gets eye contact with his reflection there’s no doubt. He’s falling in love with Jonghyun as well. The only problem with that is that Jonghyun is in love with Jinki and not with Kibum.

He sighs and then gets a surprise when Jonghyun peeps inside and spots him at the sink and grins at him. Kibum flicks some water in Jonghyun’s direction before he dries his hands and steps outside. Jonghyun links their elbows and pulls him towards one of the outdoors fitness areas. Kibum just raises an eyebrow.

“You don’t want to do exercise now, right?” he asks incredulously. Jonghyun just laughs and places himself on one of the benches, but he doesn’t start doing anything, just lays there.

“Of course not,” Jonghyun says and then points towards the bridge above them. “But the bridge brings shadow.”

Kibum facepalms but places himself next to Jonghyun under the bridge anyway. They continue their talk into late afternoon when Jonghyun’s phone reminds him that he has a dinner deal with his sister. As he wraps his arms around Kibum in a quick embrace, Kibum feels his heart speed up and he curses under his breath as he watches Jonghyun leave him in the park.

Kibum spends the way home contemplating what to do with his emotions for the blonde man.

 

“You look tired,” Minho says and Kibum plops down next to him on the couch and leans into his warm embrace.

“I am,” he admits and Minho gently lets his hands up and down Kibum’s hip in a comforting manner.

“Wedding plans?” Minho asks and Kibum shakes his head as best as he can without removing it from Minho’s shoulder. The motion of Minho’s hand on his hip is so soft that it has him closing his eyes.

“No, it’s …” Kibum hesitates for a second before he just decides that there’s no reason to have secrets in the household anymore. Jinki and Minho both know that he’s in love with both of them, what difference would it make if there was one more. “I think I’m in love with Jonghyun. But Jonghyun is in love with Jinki.” Minho stops his movement and Kibum remembers that he hasn’t told Minho about Jonghyun’s crush on Jinki. He sighs a little. “Jinki knows. It’s just … I don’t know, I don’t even want to know.”

Kibum’s words are mumbles and Minho just resumes the comforting movement up and down his side.

Kibum is close to sleeping when a ring tone cuts through the silence and disturbs them both. Minho leaves him on the couch and Kibum sighs a little as he rubs his eyes. He shouldn’t be sleeping now anyway, it’s too early in the evening for that but he still can’t help how tired he is. As Minho continues talking on the phone in the kitchen, Kibum decides that he’ll go to be anyway.

He’s buttoning his pajamas shirt when Jinki opens the door to the bedroom and finds him.

“Going to bed already?” he asks and Kibum nods a little and makes sure the air condition is before he climbs into bed. Jinki leans closer and then presses his lips to Kibum’s forehead in a kiss. “Sleep tight,” he says before he closes the door again. Kibum curls up into his blankets and buries his head in the pillows that smell a little bit of all three of them, but he can’t sleep. His thoughts keep returning to Jonghyun’s soft eyes and his melodic voice.

Kibum doesn’t want to think of Jonghyun. He wants to think of Jinki and Minho and Taeyeon and everything he’s supposed to be planning before the best day of his life. He wants to think of details and imagine things he can do with Yoojin. He wants to remember memories and laughter that doesn’t include Jonghyun because Jonghyun is making him feel vulnerable and fragile and Kibum doesn’t like feeling vulnerable and fragile. He sighs and turns around to find a more comfortable position and wills his thoughts away from Jonghyun only to end up with the blonde man again.

Kibum lies awake for what feels like hours. He closes his eyes when Jinki joins him in the bed and pretends to be asleep so he doesn’t have to answer any questions. Jinki falls asleep quickly and Kibum opens his eyes so he can turn around and look at his fiancé. He smiles a little and gently traces Jinki’s jawline before he lets his hand onto the blankets again. Jinki snuggles closer to his pillow in his sleep and Kibum feels his heart swell. Then he imagines Jonghyun behind Jinki, snuggled into Jinki’s back, arms over his waist and he cuddles closer to the older man, jealousy hard to swallow. It’s not fair that Kibum is so jealous when he wanted Jinki to understand his situation. He sighs a little and closes his eyes again before he inhales deeply. Jinki’s scent is calming and Kibum swallows the jealousy in his throat before he exhales again.

Minho enters the bedroom a couple of minutes later and climbs into bed and Kibum squeezes his eyes shut and hopes that the other man doesn’t notice that he is still awake. With both of his soulmates sleeping next to him, nestled in between them and the comfort they provide, Kibum stares into the ceiling and still sees blond hair and soft eyes and he sighs. This is not at all what he wanted.

 

“Hey Jonghyun,” Jinki says and pours himself a cup of coffee. Kibum takes a step closer to his fiancé unconsciously and Jinki just shakes his head slightly. Jonghyun blushes a light pink and Kibum bites his lower lip, both in infatuation and jealousy and it’s bad. Minho ent

Please log in to read the full chapter