one

Untitled.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi was nervously sitting on a huge couch; both hands were on her knees. She couldn’t even lay against her back because she was nervous to death. That day was the very first day for her as a baby sitter. Being a foreigner in America was not an easy thing for her, not to mention that she was actually studying psychology—which why she needed a lot of money. She was struggling for the past few months until one of her friends suggested her to become a baby sitter. I mean, that was not a hard job, and Seulgi does love kids.

She sighed in relief when her first customer was a Korean couple who lived in America for few years, and Seulgi was exactly what they were looking for because she is also Korean.

So, when the couple showed up as they sat in front of Seulgi; she couldn’t help but shaking.

 

“I’m glad that you accept our offer, Seulgi.” The husband said, as he sipped his coffee.

 

“Enjoy your tea, Seulgi. Please.” The wife said, while smiling so brightly.

 

The husband began to talk.

 

“As you know, we are actually a quite busy family.” He said. “I’m working, my wife is working…and we are having a hard time to take care of our only daughter because the business is on its top level lately.”

 

Seulgi nodded. She totally understood, and that was expected because the house was very big.

 

“Until we found you, a young Korean lady, a baby sitter, and coincidentally also a psychology student.” The wife said.

 

Seulgi nodded, again.

 

“I mean, that’s just perfect for Joohyun. Right, Honey?” She asked her husband, as he nodded in agreement.

 

Joohyun.

 

Ah, so that’s the name of their kid.

 

“Come on, Seulgi. We’ll introduce you to Joohyun before we go.” The wife spoke again.

 

And so Seulgi followed her.

 

---

 

They arrived in front of a pink and purple door.

 

The wife gave the door a few gentle knocks, before opening the door.

 

At that moment, Seulgi’s eyes widened in shock. She was surprised—that the kid she was going to take care of was not actually a kid.

 

She is a grown up woman—probably the same age as her, she assumed—playing with a bunch of dolls around a small white round table as she thought they were having a tea party. Seulgi nibbled on her lower lip, she did not know what to say to the wife. She was thinking about quitting. But, she didn’t even start yet, and she desperately needed that money. Before Seulgi could say anything, the wife closed the door slowly as she looked at Seulgi with a sad pair of eyes.

 

“Look, Seulgi. I know that I haven’t told you about this…but…Joohyun is actually not a kid anymore,”

 

Figures.

 

“She is suffering from DPD,”

 

Dependent Personality Disorder, as I expected.

 

“I’m sure you know what that is, am I wrong?”

 

“Yes, I understand.” Seulgi spoke for the first time.

 

The wife took Seulgi’s hands, “so, I beg you, please take a good care of Joohyun, we will pay whatever you desire…You’re a psychology student, I’m sure you can handle her. She is a good girl.”

 

She needed that money.

 

“Yes, Mrs. Bae. I will take care of her.” She said, at last.

 

---

 

It has been three months for Seulgi as Joohyun’s personal baby sitter. And she had to say that those times were not good times. Joohyun was so clingy, and Seulgi…was the opposite. She admitted to herself that she felt like she was taking care of a hundred of kids.

 

“You can’t catch me!”

 

Giggles and excitement filled the said huge house.

 

Well…

 

Those were coming only from Joohyun….

 

“Get back here, Bae Joohyun!

 

It reminded Seulgi of Sooyoung and Yerim—her evil and playful cousins—all these times; she thought that nobody would ever be as playful as the two little girls; until she met Joohyun.

 

Seulgi couldn’t control her breath no more and she finally gave up as she sat on the corner of the living room.

 

She was trying to get herself together until she felt a pair of arms circling around her body.

 

Of course, it was Joohyun.

 

“Seulgi, Joohyun is tired,” Joohyun said, pouting.

 

What the ?

 

She’s so adorable.

 

But, being a denial that she was, Seulgi clicked her tongue.

 

“Said the one that kept running around.”

 

Joohyun did not say anything; she felt comfortable around Seulgi as she slept on the latter’s shoulder.

 

Seulgi sighed, “alright, big baby,

 

“Let’s go to your room.” She said before carrying Joohyun into her room.

 

When Seulgi was about to go outside the room, Joohyun called her.

 

“Seulgi.”

 

Seulgi grunted, “yes, Joohyun?”

 

The girl moved a bit, leaving an empty space beside her.

 

“Mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter