Chapter 5

Back to Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

They arrived and saw their moms on the street talking. Instead of parking his car in their house he parked it in front of Joohyuns where the moms are.

Joohyun was about to get out when Yonghwa held her back “I’m going to fix this, I promise Hyun”

“It’s understandable. I would want an explanation myself if this happens to me. You just don’t go out there saying you’re marrying one second then cancelling the next.” She smiled sadly “If you were just blinded by her then maybe it’s different with her because she may actually be genuinely inlove with you. Go talk to her and let’s not go break more hearts shall we?”

They got out and she kissed the two moms goodnight and went inside. In the confines of her room, without turning the lights on she cried her heart out, for the nth time. She covered to prevent any sounds to come out, she knew soon after, her mom would follow. She is a woman too and she never wish this to happen to anyone. It wasn’t Jenny’s fault, the only fault she had was fall in love with Yonghwa. It was so soon, the joy was short lived but maybe that’s the way it’s supposed to be since the joy is at the expense of another person. Maybe it’s better that way she thought, but her heart has a different plan, because it’s putting all its hope in Yonghwa.

She cried herself to sleep that night but was awakened by the sound of her phone

“Hello?”

“Joohyun? can you come to our house right now?”

She rubbed her eyes and look at the caller id “Eomma? What happened?”

“Uhm, I think Jenny passed out and she is not waking up no matter how much water we splash on her face”

“I’m on my way”

The 2 weeks she’s been home she’s been an on call doctor twice. Funny. NOT.

Still in her clothes that she wore during her dinner with Yonghwa, she staggered her way to their house and found him waiting for her outside.

“What happened?”

“I don’t know, we talked then she said her head ached then she took some of pills, mom saw her go inside her room, then just now, dad was supposed to get water when he tripped and saw her lying on the floor with wine bottle in hand”

“OMG! The pill that she took what was it?”

“Sleeping pills I supposed?”

Joohyun hurried her steps to the Jungs living room, she knelt by the sofa where the all American girl lay, legit blonde hair, sun kissed skin, pointed nose. She checked her pulse and notice the smooth skin and well-manicured hands, just looking at the girl you’ll know that she comes from a very wealthy family. She quickly scanned her body for any concussions and fracture from her fainting on a solid floor. She checked the eyes and was for a brief second in awe to look into the greenest pool she has ever seen. Jenny is one beautiful lady. And she just lost all of what’s remaining of her confidence.

“Her pulse is beating real fast, her blood pressure is up caused by the combination of alcohol and the sleeping pills, do you know how many she took?”

Yonghwa shrugged “2 or 3?”

Joohyun rolled her eyes “she’s gone for the whole day then, we have to let it wear out, she’ll be out of it until the last bit of residue is gone from her body. Does she always take sleeping pills?”

He bit his lip “I- I don’t know”

“Yonghwa!” she exclaimed

“I really don’t!”

“Let’s take her to her room” she instructed

There was a bit of jealousy when she saw him carry his “Ex” fiancée to her room but was relieved to know that Jenny did have her own room.

“Go change her clothes Yong, its drenched with water, I thought you drowned her”

He chuckled “Wow! That’s how low you thought of me?”

And she answered with a smirk “No that’s how nonsensical I think you are”

He sat on the bed and was about to the blouse when he turned around and saw Joohyun leaving the room

“Hyun wait, can I ask a favor?”

She turned around  “shoot”

“Can you change her clothes?”

Her left brow lifted “ah…Why me?”

“Well I love this girl and as far as I can remember she’s a bit on the jealous side and I wouldn’t want to rile her up by undressing a woman who happens to be my ex fiancée and you’re the doctor it’s okay for you to do it”

“Are you seriously asking me to change the clothes of your fiancée?!” she was trying so hard not to scream at the incredulous idea

“Ex Hyun…Ex…”

“Whatever! It’s weird!” throwing her hands in the air

“What is? You can do it!” he abruptly stood up and left the room closing the door behind him

She stomps as she sat at the bedside. She can’t seem to wrap her mind at the absurdity of the situation but Yonghwa is right, she is first and foremost a doctor and it’s her duty to safeguard the patients wellbeing, however the situation presents itself. She was able to change Jenny’s clothes in no time and just looked at the sleeping figure

“I’m sorry, this is all my fault” she whispered as if she’ll be heard “but he love me first, I love him first, it was us to begin with, we just need time to grow up and find who we really are” she sighed and left the bed but before opening the door she turned around “Next time Ms. Legally Blonde do not drink alcohol when you drink sleeping pills please because you might not wake up at all and by the way I so envy your eyes” she shook her head and exited the room only to be met by Yonghwa

“Can we talk in my room?”

She eyed him suspiciously

“I just need to talk to you I was good earlier right?”

She conceded “Okay”

They entered his room at the end of the small hall. She looked around and almost found no difference from the arrangement it has way back when she used to go there.

“Sit down” he said, tapping the space next to him on the bed, she did as she was told “I might have to go back to the US with Jenny”

She looked down on the floor and blew a puff of air, of course she was expecting it. He has to tie a lot of loose ends, the wedding was supposed to be in 2 months, she’s most definite that more than half of the preparation is done.  If he was really to call off the wedding, there is a lot to fix and lot of people to talk to especially for a socialite like Jenny and her family, this will be a really big blow. She was even expecting for Yonghwa to lose his job

“Yong, can I say somethi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter