Operation Deal

Operation Happy Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

"I object!"[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Those words I had spoken boomed loudly as I entered the room full of elders.

Although the cowardly me had intended to run away from my enemy, compared to the chosen bachelors my grandparents were much easier to handle.

"Y-Yuna" He stuttered as if I'd caught him red-handed.

"I refuse!" I stated strongly. "I object! I'm not doing it grandfather!"

"Y-you knew?" he began. "It's not what you think Y-Yuna."

As I thought, it is exactly what I thought.

"I won't speak to you ever again" I stood on my ground. "If you force me into it, I am never seeing you again!"

"I wasn't, I was about to-"

"Yoo Shi" My grandmother call out. "Yuna, you should know better than to speak to your grandfather like that. Especially in fronts of our guest. As expected Jia and Shiwon has been spoiling you too much. Now compose yourself and speak to us like the adult that you are."

She was as strict as ever. Straightening out her kimono, she was seated with poise and manner. Whether people knew it or not, my grandmother was the one who had the authority in this household.

"Have you eaten yet?" her voice came out softly, although she was a scary woman nonetheless, in the end, she was still my grandmother.

"Grandmother I don't want an arranged marriage" however there was no time to let down my guard. I had to get straight to the point, even if it meant the death of me.

"And why is that?" she questioned.

"I cannot marry someone I do not love and I'm sure my intended is also unhappy about this marriage as well" I chose my words carefully knowing that they all were listening. "Besides it's the 21st century, marriages like that won't bring any of us happiness."

"Your parent's marriage was arranged" She stated. "And so was mine. Are you saying that our marriages are unhappy?"

"..."

"And don't you say that you are too young for marriage. I married your grandfather when I was only fifteen"

I stayed quiet at that. I didn't know how to respond. She was right, although my parent's marriage was arranged, they were nevertheless happy because of it. Not to mention many of the elders here, including my grandparents, were arranged as well, what more at a young age.

"I-I know..." my voice weakly came out. "That this marriage will benefit everyone greatly. But grandmother, is it wrong for me to want a life with someone I love? For me to find someone who loves me with all their heart. Who loves me for me, instead of learning to love and accept me because they were forced into it. I know that you think that I'm only saying that because I'm young and reckless but that's how life is supposed to be. I won't learn and grow if I keep on depending on you for everything. I want to become a woman with her own independence, and someone who loves her life. Bringing pride and honor to the Han family all on my own."

"Alright" for a mere second I saw it. For a long time in awhile, grandmother smiled.

"As you all heard, this foolish grand-daughter of mine has refused any arrangement whatsoever" she calmly said. "I'm sorry my dear friends but I don't think we must discard the promises we have made."

Murmurs could be heard through the room. Even I couldn't believe it, they were willing to support me. My own grandparents were willing to give up their liability because of me.

Just when I thought that everything was finally over, all of sudden I heard a laughter within the room.

One of the elders

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter