Operation Plan

Operation Happy Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]
“H-Hello” [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

She stuttered out those words quietly while holding onto her father's coat.

Putting on the usual gentle smile, I calmly greeted the girl before me and her parents.

And like always Han Yuna would cling on to the man beside her even harder than before. But as the party continued to start, pretty soon they would leave her behind and I would have to babysit this child.

Staring down at the ten year old beside me, to be honest I really didn’t have much interest in her. 

Yet for some reason she seemed completely terrified of me, as if I was a wolf dressed in sheep's clothing. Then again, she was always like this whenever, I and my friends were around.

They said that it’s because she is young, so it’s natural for girls her age to be really shy. But the more I had thought about it, I’d really doubted that reason.

“M-May I go to the restroom?” To my surprise, she tugged on my sleeve and asked. Gazing down, she did not look at me once, yet I could see the tips of her ears changing it's shade. How cute...she was embarrassed.

I smiled naturally and lead her to the bathroom of course. Although I could’ve let any of the servants guide her, for some reason I didn't feel like it.

I even waited for her outside as well. However after ten minutes or so I realized my mistake. Like the rest of my friends, I too was made into a fool..

That girl really had no intentions on coming out whatsoever. 

She was just finding an excuse for me to go away. To Yuna's dismay though, I have always been quite a patient person. And when she peeked her little head out to see the coast was clear, I couldn't help but to smirk seeing her funny reaction.

As if being caught by a Cheshire Cat, the little mouse would squeak in surprise.

“Is your stomach okay now?” I asked teasingly, acting along to the play she had set up.

“Uh um...y-yes” she lowered her gaze again, biting her lips and holding onto her skirt.

She was an obedient child, keeping adistance from me and never strayed out of my sight when I requested. 

It seems that if you were to ask, Han Yuna will behave.

Not speaking unless she spoken too. Whenever it's at events like these, she would maintain that type of behavior.

Although I didn't find Han Yuna particularly interesting or attractive, compared too others she was less annoying.

Girls my age would only approach me in order to gain favors for their family, while the younger ones would obsessively follow me around because I was handsome. 

Han Yuna on the other hand seemed to dislike me very much. But it wasn't like I am that special to her either, after all the girl seemed to hate the top nine heirs very equally.

I found it funny, really, seeing her frustration trying to get rid of me and my friends every time we come around.

It became a great game for of us, to see who could piss Han Yuna off more, while maintaining our public figure and not bringing any physical harm to the girl.

We just wanted to see her break really.

To see if she would punch, slap, or yell at us once a while. 

However Han Yuna was a good girl, and she would rather hold back her tears and walk away than do anything like that.

But as time passes, the player herself refused to participate and slowly the game was abandoned.

I don't get to see Yuna much, maybe once a year or so. And the more grown up she is, the less she would come to all these type of events. Our interactions lessened too, and even my friends found it hard to approach her as time passed. 

The little shy and obedient girl had grown up, and now was a social butterfly. She'd seemed to be too busy for the people of her past.

Han Yuna ignored me and my friend's existence completely.

But when our paths would cross, she would use that expression.

A gentle and natural smile, to outsiders, the girl seemed to like me very much. That look of respect and excitement of seeing an old friend is nothing but a lie.

I really hated that smile.

Compared to the glare and pout I have received in the past, that smile really annoyed me more than anything.

And those soft spoken and sugar coated words really made me irritated. 

But I could do nothing but return the favor. I smiled naturally, if it’s anything I’d perfected the moves, to others, my smile for Han Yuna will seemingly be filled with love and affection. However I’d come to detest her to no end.

I really hated that smile.

 

That expression when she talked to him, grinning from ear to ear..

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter