ONE STEP CLOSER.

LOST IN U.S.A.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was sat quietly at the passenger seat on Minho’s another car along with Minho and Sophie at the back seat. He is so rich indeed. Moa didn’t go with us, Minho told her that she can rest so I and Minho will be take care of her.

 

The atmosphere was not good, trust me I didn’t make another mistakes or something that I hope Sophia don’t want. But I just don’t know, maybe she is still assume me as bad woman, isn’t she?

 

At first I don’t want to go with them, but Minho said that was a really good opportunity to win his daughter’s heart. I mean so she wouldn’t think I am a bad person again and for Minho too, so she wouldn’t mad at him again. Minho said we will accompany her to school first as we think what kind of concept that we will use for her birthday party.

 

The car stopped at one of mall in San Francisco. Minho said there are many outlets that selling a gown for kids and he want me to choose along with Sophia. As our First tactic to win her heart.

 

“Shall we start it?” I asked at Minho, anyway Sophia doesn’t understand Korean Language that’s why I don’t have to whisper or low my voice.

 

“Just do it.”

“Sophia, dad will wait for you here. You can go with Auntie Shinhye for finding your birthday’s gown.”

 

“Why don’t you come with me instead?”

 

“You said you were a big daddy’s daughter now.  So I think I can’t come with you. You have to try it right?”

 

Sophia just nodded as she went to one of the store with me, we were walked side by side but I felt like I walked with a stranger. We don’t talked, we don’t walk arm in arm, even don’t touch her little arm. She is still mad, I guess.

 

As soon as we entered the store, I looked at Sophia. I cringed so I can meet her face, “what’s kind of gown you want?” I asked, I am not that bad in English. But it’s hard for me to understand what they talk.

 

She just shrugged, suddenly I remember when Minho told me she wants to celebrate her birthday at Sea and makes it like Ariel the mermaid’s concept. So I tried to found something like that.

 

Well, thanks for the store who provide almost all the cartoon’s concept there. Including a costume like Ariel the mermaid.

 

I brought the costume to Sophia and guess what, she was so excited.

“I want this one!”

 

“But, your father—“

 

“He’ll be fine, I want this one.”

 

“Okay, try it.”

 

I went along with Sophia to the fitting room and dressing her with the Ariel’s Costume. It’s really fit her well and she really loves it. I can see it from her eyes.

 

I saw Minho who was waited right in front of the store, he saw me and Sophia who just walked at the cashier’s place and then he walked toward us. Yeah, I am not have a money for pay the costume. And I guess, Minho really know it.

 

“How’s it?” Minho asked

 

“It’s good Dad.” said Sophia.

“It’s Ariel’s costume, you know.” I said.

 

Minho eyebrows raise as he whisper on me “but, you know we can’t celebrate it at the sea or beach or what it is.”

 

“I know.”

 

“but---“ he was gonna to protest but the lady on cashier was wait for the money he should pay.

 

“sir, the total of the costume is $20. And if you interest we sell an adults one for the Ariel and Eric’s costume.”

 

“no, tha---“

“yes please.” Minho looked down where Sophia was, “Dad, lets buy yours and Auntie Shin.”

 

Auntie Shin?

Is she just mention my name?

 

I looked at Minho, he looked at me either.

“hm?” I raise my eyebrows asked him what was they talked about.

“Sophia want us to wear Ariel and Eric’s costume.”

 

“Huh? No, it’s okay.” I refused, well, I don’t want to wear something like that. it’s too childish for me.

 

Minho lean on me as he whispered “tactic….”

 

I looked at him and then set my gaze to the little girl in front of me with a sad smile. Seriously, this isn’t something I want to prepare.

 

***

“yah, didn’t you the one who let her to choose Ariel’s costume? So what’s wrong if she offered us the same one?” Said Minho who stood behind me.

 

As soon as we arrived at the apartment, I took him talked face to face in the balcony inside my room. Well, I don’t want if Sophia might hear what my concerns is since we left the store. I don’t want to wear such a costume like that.

 

“yes I did, that’s because I remember when you said she wants to celebrate her birthday like Ariel the mermaid. so I thought she one nothing else but that one. And I never thought that she wants us to wear those kind of costume.”

 

“she is Sophia you kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter