02;

Palpitations

Fate; something that unavoidably befalls a person.


 

There’s nothing able to stop a curious person, even it meant they have to swim oceans and fight tigers to find out about something. And it happened to this young female as well. She rushed to her class, just to see her tablemate was leaning her cheek over the bag and seemed half alive. She just bowed slightly to her friends that she unintentionally bumped into and reached for her. “Yah, so how was it?” The young girl with round youthful face, hair was jet black and shoulder-length, lips pouted as she saw her best friend finally moved slightly just to glance at her. “What did Kim Junmyeon sunbaenim say? He said no, didn’t he?”

 

Her best friend gruffly sat up and made an annoyed facial expression. “Do you not see? This facial expression stands for DO NOT DISTURB, EASILY BURN. And don’t mention about that anymore!” Eunji screamed out her feelings. Thankfully the class was almost empty, so nobody really cared for her loud lungs.

 

“Ah,” she nodded. “He rejected you real bad—”

 

“He doesn’t reject me—he even hasn’t read my letter yet!” Eunji smacked her table with her thighs. “Seriously Yoon Bomi, who told you that Kim Junmyeon sunbaenim’s locker is 653? It’s 655 you fool! 655!” Eunji raked her hair messily, no she didn’t give a for messing her hair right now, remembering what happened yesterday – uh, the shame.

 

“I heard from the kids that also sent their love letters, why?” her innocent dark orbs widened as she understood the plot of why in hell Jung Eunji was so easy to slip out curse in her words. “DAMN, YOU SLIPPED IN WRONG LOCKER!” Bomi shook Eunji’s body instinctively. “Who received it? Did that person bribe you—or did that person ask you to do things so they won’t tell Junmyeon sunbaenim? Gosh, I could kill them for you. I’m Dan Two for a reason you know; protect the weak.”

 

Eunji fell on Bomi’s hug and pretended to wail. Bomi just blinked because she knew nothing, so she just lightly tapped her on head. Well, it’s her fault anyway for mispronouncing. “He read it.” Eunji cried out, “That read my letter that I needed almost a week to have inspiration. That ing jerk dared to tease about the lipstick stain! And he called Junmyeon sunbaenim as evil—just because I mentioned that he is a fallen angel.”

 

“Well that person is not truly wrong, fallen angel became evil at last—” she was cut off with a glare.

 

“—are you on my side or what?” she growled scarily.

 

“I am, I am.” Bomi quickly nodded and pushed Eunji in her arms. She’d prefer to not see Eunji in the eyes right now, because she just wanted to laugh; how could she slip in wrong locker and there’s another person read it? “You know that I’ll do anything for you.”

 

After calming her for a while, Bomi finally let Eunji go, not just because that she already relaxed but because the class slowly got crowded. And it’s a no way for both of them to tell why if people asked why they hugged in a class.

 

“So what’s your plan now?” Bomi asked. “Are you going to confess to Kim Junmyeon on his face or kick the balls of whomever this person that read your letter?” Bomi gave her choices. “I’m fine both ways, just saying.”

 

Then the image of yesterday happening resurfaced; of how she opened her eyes and found there are lips attached to hers, dry and chapped.

 

Eunji shook her head. “Just let me have a day off. I don’t think I could see either one of them.”

“You’re moving ing awfully a lot.” The one that was talked to stop shaking his feet but instead started to bite his thumbnail, both of his best friends just stared at him before shaking his head. The one that talked, he was the one with average height of young males in South Korea, with his sleepy dorky eyes, bulky figure, and protruding cheek bones. “What are you waiting anyway? Finish your food. This abnormal giant has to submit our assignments to Choi Seonsaengnim.”

 

He raised his brow; he got that wide, big pair of eyes and ears that were obvious, his hair was fell over her forehead colored in dark brown. “My height is really, really normal! It’s just that when I was little my mom gave lots of milk—” the one that was being called as abnormal giant paused his talk because damn it had ambiguous meanings, so he sighed. “Why don’t we just stop talking about my height? There are other, better things that we could talk about. Like what we both see yesterday for example. Right Jongdae?”

 

The one with protruding cheek bones named Kim Jongdae flicked his fingers in agreement. “Ah right! Since Chanyeol already mentioned about it.... should we give it a try?” he clapped his hands and grinned a Cheshire grin. “So tell us, who was she and why was she on top you, mouth to mouth?”

 

Byun Baekhyun sighed, he was holding the trouble letter and clicked his tongue. “Why did I befriend people that are so nosy?” he avoided the question as he stole a sip of Park Chanyeol’s soda. “As I told you, it was an accident. She almost fell and I held her. We both lost balance and fell. Nothing much, I told you already.”

 

“No way,” Chanyeol cleared his throat, two of his best friends now gazed at the most logical one. “The ground was fairly flat and it was obviously dry. Why would she fall? And she didn’t wear shoelaces anyway.”

 

Baekhyun gaped and Jongdae clapped for him. “How could you notice those small things while I only focused with the fact that our Baekhyun finally kissed someone?” Jongdae tapped his back and continued, “Sometimes I really wonder about your cleverness, but now I won’t doubt it anymore. You really deserve all best scores you get on tests.”

 

“—you doubt me?” was all Chanyeol could reply with a frown. “I’m not that dumb.”

 

“Who ever said that you are dumb?” Jongdae then turned his head and found Baekhyun was deep in thoughts so he elbowed him enough to make his eyes widen in surprise before heaved a sigh. “… Something more happened, didn’t it? It wasn’t just a mere accident like you said.”

 

Baekhyun pocketed the letter inside his pants and shook his head. “I really should listen to my mom to pick better friends,” before he fixed his position and started, “So you see, yesterday…”

Thanks to Yoon Bomi that evilly avoided her to go home first, now Eunji was freaking out because it’s almost evening and it meant if Kim Junmyeon wasn’t on council meeting, he would be on the field playing soccer. And here’s the thing; she has to walk pass the field to get out of this hell – no other way around.

 

The evil Yoon Bomi already left first, that ing witch with laughter and quick run. Eunji almost cursed out but then she realized she was in hallway where there are still lots of students and they might be her seniors, so no, she swallowed all curses and watched Bomi left her like a stray puppy.

 

“What are you doing?! Junmyeon sunbaenim won’t notice you anyway! No, he still and he won’t know about the letter. Just get this off and go home Jung Eunji.” Eunji encouraged herself before she walked off her school building and readied to walk pass the field.

 

Then it happened.

 

Scurrying away with fright that Kim Junmyeon might be there playing (just imagining him alone already made her embarrassed of the thing that happened) made her didn’t notice little things; like the cheerleader running away avoiding a ball, the players that already called for multiple times, and a hand that pulled her over for an embrace – so that person could guard her from the coming ball.

 

“Oh my God, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to. Did it hurt you?”

 

The voice, Eunji knew who this voice belonged to. She blinked her eyes open and found Kim ing Junmyeon was having a frown on his face. Oh please don’t, you look better if you smile sunbaenim before she realized that her arm was held by someone, she had to thank whoever this was for covering for her.

 

She widened her eyes in horror as she realized who it was.

 

It was the same person that wore teasing smirk and jumped so she couldn’t reach for her letter, but now instead he was sweaty and his cheeks were dirty. Instead of wearing full uniform like she saw him yesterday, he now put on a sleeve shirt and training pants, why is colorful working for him?

 

“Oh you again.” He smiled a smile that wasn’t teasing, it was gentle one actually – but she believed it was all lie. “You’re okay?” he asked and Eunji stepped away because his face was too close – no she didn’t need a reminder of how those despicable lips glued to hers.

 

“Um,” she nodded lightly before turned to see Junmyeon that stepped closer, he now has a relieved smile – the one that Eunji always liked. “I’m so sorry for not seeing the ball. I was in hurry…,” she bowed ninety degrees and received different responses;

 

“Of course you are…,” was from Byun Baekhyun with lot meaning behind and “No it’s my fault for kicking too hard,” was of course of course coming from Kim Junmyeon sunbaenim.

 

“But you’re not hurt right? The ball doesn’t hit you at all?” Junmyeon wondered kindly and the way he stepped closer just to check on her make Eunji’s heart flipped somewhere inside. And then he had to check on her face before he beamed, “Hey we meet again.”

 

“Oh you know each other?” . Why does Baekhyun have to pretend like he knows nothing, while actually he holds the Ace card?

 

“Yep, I showed her way to restroom on Day One. Bad kids, making fun of freshmen just for their entertainment,” Eunji sent him a meaningful smile and Baekhyun just quietly scowled.

 

“I know her too hyung,” he then announced proudly when nobody asked, I repeat, ing nobody asked. “She’s Jung Eunji right, from 1-2.”

 

“Ah, you’re from 1-2. Good to see you again then Jung Eunji. It’s a real pleasure to see you again. I’ve been wondering after that when we’d meet again.” Junmyeon raised a thumb and before he jogged away, Baekhyun caught his wrist. “What?”

 

“I haven’t finished yet hyung. I said I know her.” Baekhyun repeated and the older male just blinked.

 

“Okay?”

 

Baekhyun had the gall to embrace her by shoulder and brought her close to his chest. He was wearing the most sugary smile before added, “I know her because she might be The One for me.”

 

Kim Junmyeon blinked innocently, blankly, before he opened his mouth like a fish.

 

Jung Eunji widened her eyes in surprise and horror as she tilted her head to see the smug man that holds her now.

 

Kim Jongdae and Park Chanyeol rolled their eyes and looked like almost losing their minds.

 

Byun Baekhyun still had the stupid, wide smile and refused to let the female go.

 

 


23.08.2016

so happy and thankful for your kindness to me!

happy reading everyone~