04;

Palpitations

Feeling; an emotional state or reaction.


 

“Why nobody tells me that our neighbor has a son that goes to same school as me?” It was the first question Eunji popped once she arrived at dining table, pulling the chair so she could seat, eyeing her father that was reading morning papers and her mother buttered her toast in peace

 

“Well good morning to you too, apple pie!” Her father acted like he wasn’t seeing her daughter came and put down his papers to peck her on her crown of head. “It’s such a good morning, don’t you think? Why are you so loud in early morning? Shush my dear and enjoy the toast your mother kindly prepared for two of us.” He gently tried to keep his daughter quiet but that just earned a scowl and unamused expression from her.

 

“We told you, thrice; ‘Hey Eunji, do you know our neighbor’s son goes to same school with you?’ and then ‘Why don’t you just go to school with our neighbor? He’s your age and goes to same school like you,’ and ‘If you meet a boy named Byun Baekhyun in school, greet him for me okay, he’s the son of our kind neighbor.’ Ring a bell?” Her mother raised her brow questioningly and shook her head once she noticed her daughter’s mouth opened in ajar. “I seriously need to plan another child soon. Hon, our daughter is really a failure. We should try to make a new one anytime soon—”

 

“—DON’T YOU DARE.” Eunji hissed at them. “You both need like…, six years to finally have me, so could you just appreciate this baby for a moment? Don’t you dare planning on sibling. I don’t need a rival for your attention.” She took one of toasts and buttered it with orange marmalade, her favorite.

 

“See,” her mother motioned to her father teasingly. “You’ve spoiled her too much. How could she get a boyfriend if she acts like this?”

 

“MOM!”

Jung Eunji was thankful because she didn’t meet Byun Baekhyun on the way to school – no, not that she expected him to be there waiting for her, but she noticed that Byun Baekhyun was a bit persistent and it was possible for him to do anything without anyone’s consent, such as this.

 

Who the hell he thought he was? Did he think because they were in good term last night so he could be friendly to her on next day? No way, she embarrassed herself too much to be friendly with him. But again, it’s Byun ing Baekhyun people. It seemed to be running in his blood the personality of stubborn and blatant, which made him confident to greet her in the early morning, right in front of her locker.

                   

“Why didn’t you wait for me?” Baekhyun casually asked, as if he was wondering about the weather. The female just shrugged and continued her work. No, she couldn’t lose her temper in this beautiful early morning. “We’re neighbors! We should come to school together right?”

 

The girl her lips and faced the boy across her with bored expression. “And why should I, why should I go to school with you?”

 

“Because we’re neighbors, that’s why! If we go to school together then we’re also participating in Global Warming prevention program, you know by riding the bus, yada, yada, yada…, and we spend less time on waiting!”

 

Eunji scoffed. “Seriously, Global Warming prevention program?” She shook her head in disbelief and smirked, “That’s just so original, really.”

 

“Eh why?” Baekhyun seemed to be confused with her response. “Well, I have another reason actually of why we should go to school together.”

 

Eunji raised her brow challengingly. “And why is that, Byun Baekhyun?”

 

“—sunbaenim,” he singsong. “You never called me with sunbaenim, while you call him sunbaenim, sunbaenim both in your letter and—hyung hi!” Baekhyun reached out his arm to give the man that just walked in to the hall with a very short hug, surprising the girl. Eunji turned her head, just to find Kim Junmyeon was standing near two of them. Byun ing Baekhyun, she cursed inside. “Yah, won’t you greet this sunbaenim, freshman?”

 

Eunji was tongue-tied, but not too dumb so she could bow politely at him. She again saw that angelic, polite smile and suddenly she thought her day wouldn’t go so bad. “Sunbaenim, good morning.”

 

“Hi to you too, Jung Eunji.” He remembers my name! Eunji cheered and her beam went wider than what she planned, “You’ve made up I guess,” he nodded proudly and tapped Baekhyun’s back. “Good, because I don’t want to see you’re arguing anymore. Anyway, it’s nice to see you this morning. I’ll get going then. I’ll talk to you soon Eunji, and don’t pick a fight Baek,”

 

Eunji watched Kim Junmyeon’s back until it was gone, while Baekhyun stared at the scene with silence. He bit his inner lip before clearing his throat to catch her attention. From what he saw, he could totally guess that the smile she had right now was because of the earlier event. “Not him, Jung Eunji.”

 

Eunji slammed her locker close and gazed up at the male. “What?”

 

“Not him,” he shook his head. “Don’t put your false hope on him. He’s not for you. He’s taken.”

 

“What are you talking about?” She frowned. “Kim Junmyeon sunbaenim is single, I was insane then if I wrote him letter without knowing his relationship status.”

 

Baekhyun his chapped lips before answering, “He physically might be not taken, but mentally…, his heart was taken. He’s taken by someone that you have no idea how to challenge.”

 

“What,” she gasped surprisingly. “Don’t tell me…. He’s gay?” she balled her fist and pressed it against . My goodness, my first love is gay? God, my high school life is officially over. I’m doomed. Bomi would laugh at me. This idiotic man would laugh…, why didn’t he laugh? What’s with the long face?

 

Baekhyun rolled up his papers and smacked it on her crown of head. “Aigoo this girl!” He heaved a sigh. “He’s been in an on-off relationship with Seohyun noona, you know… The musical actress, the elegant-looking one, the famous senior that rarely comes to school due to schedule conflict, the one that of course…,” Eunji hated the way he gazed at him from head to toe, “nothing look like a barbaric, rude female.”

 

Eunji gaped in a jar, definitely ignored his transparent mockery. “No way…,”

 

Baekhyun just shrugged his shoulders off lightly with I-told-you-so expression. “You just searched up on his relationship status, didn’t you? You didn’t even check about who your rival would be, how his type would be. Aigoo, you should be thankful that the letter went to my locker and not his, you know.” Baekhyun made some noises with his voice and then he flicked his fingers. “That’s why, since you now know that you can’t beat her…, and you definitely is not his type, why don’t you be my One?”

 

 


5.12.2016

 does anyone still remember this? hehe.

happy reading everyone~