01;

Palpitations

Love Letter; romantic way to express feelings of love in written form.


 

The girl with light caramel hair that highlighted under the sunlight tapped his foot impatiently as she re-checked her wrist watch to make sure that she didn’t come too early, it’s actually been fifteen minutes later than the time she mentioned on the letter. But thinking that maybe he needed more time to process everything and prepare his answer, so she decided to give him more time. Her small, pointy nose created mere slits as she made faces because being so tired of waiting. How long should she wait?

 

“Fifteen minutes more,” she whispered to herself before nodding satisfyingly. “Fifteen minutes more and I’d personally talk to him if he’s still not coming down here.” The girl then squatted down and put out her mobile phone just to play around, there are three unread messages from her best friend but she already what she talked about; encouraging her about her crazy attempt to confess to the person that might never think she existed before.

 

Oh well, you haven’t properly introduced to this girl with light caramel hair right? Her name is Jung Eunji, she’s from 1-2 and just attended this school for like five months or less. Her facial appearance is not really that charming; she got that straight hair (she decided to dye it caramel since her parents finally let her after she’s admitted to high school), small but point nose that would make her face cute, round face, and small eyes that would create mere slits when she smiled. She’s not the little pretty thing people adore, but she got that powerful voice Choir needed.

 

And now she is in the moment of truth.

 

Here’s the situation: on Day One, she was being fooled by fellow stupid seniors – instead of sending her to the right way, they intentionally guided her to an indoor basketball gym, when she was feeling so close to burst out. Luckily there’s this super charming senior that kindly helped her to find the correct place. He even bothered to bring her things when she’s inside. And his smile. We’re talking about how sweet innocent, harmless smile that he owned. How could heavens accidentally let one of their aces of angel fall down to dirty, disgusting earth? But who cared. Eunji was head over heels as the moment he mentioned his name.

 

I’m Kim Junmyeon, a senior, and yes it’s a pleasure to meet you too. Kim Junmyeon, Kim ing Junmyeon people.

 

And it’s not that hard to find out more about him – well he seems to be famous. He’s on his last year and he’s in 3-1. He planned on pursuing his studies abroad, he’s single (oh goddamn yes this is the most important information), he’s well-known for being alike to an angel; sweet smile, willingly helpful, smart, and was so close to perfection. He would fit every image of Prince Charming in every fairy tale her mother ever told before bed, that’s why after few attempts of stalking, Eunji encouraged herself to write a love letter and confess her feelings.

 

Then Eunji realized it’s been fifteen minutes and there’s no hint of he would come. Eunji finally stood up and decided if he doesn’t come to her, let her come to him. She knew what activity he was on anyway; he might be in council meeting or practicing soccer with his friends.

 

But when she was about to leave the school backyard, she was abruptly halted due to a voice calling over for her name. Stilled, Eunji turned her head on a small amount just to see who it was.

 

“Jung Eunji?” He repeated to make sure that he wasn’t mispelled or worse mistook a person. “You’re Jung Eunji?” he asked and the girl found herself nodding.

 

“Can I help you?” The girl politely asked because this man in front of her seemed bothered while he glanced at her repeatedly. The way he his lips told her that he might be nervous about something. She has never seen him before..., no wait. She did see him, once – DAMN. He’s one of those chuckling seniors when she asked for directions! “We’ve met, haven’t we?” she asked and the boy rose his brow. “Yah you’re with those bunch of baboons right? You were there, laughing at me when I asked for directions, weren’t you?”

 

His eyes widened in surprise because of sidden impoliteness. “Yah?” he scoffed. “Woah this little . Bunch of baboons? Yah I’m older than you!”

 

“Just because you’re older than me so you think you could mislead a person that was so close? What a good example of sunbaenim—yah how could you have that?!” Eunji pointed her finger at him, at the letter on his hold exactly. She couldn’t mistake that letter, it was the love letter that was supposed to be read by Kim Junmyeon now. How could it be with this despicable human being? “Yah how could you have that?!” she yelled and the boy stepped back in surprise because of her loud voice.

 

Yah?” he made an annoyed facial expression. “Woah how could you not have such manners! I said I’m older than you! And you sent it to me!” he replied with the same loud tone.

 

“No I didn’t!” Eunji widened her eyes, no of course she didn’t.

 

“Yes you did!” this boy was stubborn as , Eunji believed. “Why do you think I’m here if it’s not because of your letter? You’re the one that put it inside my locker!”

 

“It was supposed for Locker 653!” Eunji still didn’t buy any of his words. “You stole it, didn’t you?”

 

“Locker 653 is mine, you .” The boy finally blurted out the word he’s been wanting to say. How could this girl be so headstrong when she might not know who owns the locker?

 

“No it isn’t! You stole it, didn’t you? Just admit it, you good-for-nothing human being! It was supposed to be Kim Junmyeon sunbaenim—not you!” Too bad, Eunji didn’t realize that she already made a big mistake by telling who it was actually for.

 

Eunji finally noticed that the male in front of her slowly grew a meaningful, menaceful kind of smirk. He then bit his lower lip just enough to temper before nodded understandingly. “Ah..., that’s why you mentioned about guiding to the right way.” He swayed the letter with his beautiful fingers (get a grip Eunji, why would you notice such things!) and continued, “But isn’t it too much? You describe him as a fallen angel... Doesn’t fallen angel become evil at last?” he raised his brownish eyebrow at her.

 

The girl with light caramel hair widened her eyes. “You read it?”

 

“Each word attracts my soul to read it more. And how couldn’t I..., when the lipstick stain gets my attention the most. Let me tell you, it’s the best touch you little .” He grinned smugly, satisfied to finally make the girl looked like she drained blood of her face. “And FYI, Kim Junmyeon sunbaenim’s locker is 655. Where did exactly you get the information dear darling?”

 

Eunji couldn’t be anymore embarrassed than this. 655! How could her friend said it’s 653?! But then again..., 3 and 5 are almost alike. She lowered her head down as she reached out her arm to ask for her letter back.

 

“No, why should I?” He asked innocently. “The moment you gave up this letter upon my locker, then it’s mine. Don’t be that shy..., I won’t tell anyone you put the letter in wrong place—but I might not keep the fact that you like Kim Junmyeon—WHAT?!” He wasn’t ready to see the girl ran toward him with full determination. He raised his hands and jumped repeatedly to protect the letter, while the girl also did the same to get it back.

 

Then it happened.

 

To avoid continuous pursue, the boy slightly pushed the girl away just so he could run away from the place. What he didn’t expect to happen was his slight push would make the girl fall on the ground, so he did what a man got to do. He pushed her by the waist and let himself became a shield so instead of her bumping the ground, it’ll be his.

 

“Yah Byun Baekhyun, are we going to eat or what—HOLY MOTHERER!” Two of said name’s best friends gaped in ajar as they saw something might be PG-15 rated.

 

She was on top of him and his hand was on her waist – that’s fine, still acceptable. People would think he shielded her from falling on her face.

 

But their lips were attached – well, is it still acceptable?

 

 


20.08.2016

happy reading everyone~