Chapter One: First Friend

Eyes On Your Body [Discontinued]

    A wall. 
  Made of iron and taller than mountains, it stood in his way- blocking the light from the other side. He ran his fingers over it, memorising every bump and dip of the material, looking for an opening. 
  He dragged his fingers as he walked, legs growing weak as he saw no end where he could move to the other side. He fell to the floor, back against the wall and head in his knees, facing the darkness that seemed to swallow him whole. 
  He was trapped. Trapped in the darkness that seemed to away his will to continue on. He felt himself lose the will to fight, lose the will to continue looking for an escape. 
  He had reached a wall, and he could not find a way to overcome it. 
-
  Myungsoo hated socialising. A socially inept person, he kept to himself most of the time whilst in school, only speaking when asked a question. 
  He blended in well with his surroundings, nobody sparing him a glance as he hid in shadows cast by lockers and walls. 
  He was ignored, and that's how he preferred it. A nice, quiet and peaceful school life-
  That was apparently going to be broken by some kid called Lee Sungjong. 
  "You want me to what?" He asked the teacher, praying to every god out there that by some miracle, his perfectly working ears had failed him, causing him to mishear his teacher's words. No such luck, though. 
  "I said, this is Lee Sungjong. He is a transfer student and he will be your new buddy!" Mrs Lim exclaimed excitedly, and Sungjong shot him a smile as he bent down, a 'Please look after me!' leaving his lips. 
  Myungsoo narrowed his eyes as Sungjong straightened his back. With one glance, he knew that this Sungjong kid was the exact opposite of him. 
  Outgoing, spontaneous, yearning for a pink coloured high school life. It made him shiver. No, he was not going to be this transfer student's buddy. Their personalities clashed before they even got to know each other, it was atrocious to even think that they would get along. 
  "I sincerely reject the offer-"
  "It is not up to debate, Mr Kim. Besides, I am sure that you will do a splendid job showing him around, won't you?" She asked sweetly, though a deathly aura seemed to radiate from her. Myungsoo tsked, before turning to walk out of the class. 
  "Follow me." He called behind his shoulder, internally crying while mourning his peaceful life. Was it too much to ask for? All he wanted to do was be alone, surround himself in music, not have to deal with anybody's bull-
  "Hey Mr Kim, what's your name?" A voice sounded right beside his ear, causing Myungsoo to flinch away violently, a hand to his chest. He glared at Sungjong, who seemed completely oblivious to the heart attack he had just given Myungsoo. Sungjong tilted his head when Myungsoo did not give him an answer and waved his hand in front of Myungsoo's face. 
  "Anybody there?" He asked in a sing-song voice, and Myungsoo tsked as he batted the hand away lightly. 
  "It's Myungsoo, and don't do that," he droned, continuing to their first class without letting Sungjong say another word. He rubbed his temples, sighing to himself. 
  All around him, he noticed people starting to whisper as they caught sight of him and Sungjong together. 
  "Hey look, it's that loner Kim. Who's he with?"
  "Kim doesn't matter, but the cute boy he is with does. Do you think I can steal him from Kim?"
  "Of course. Anybody would want to escape that Kim's presence." 
  Myungsoo clenched his hand into a fist, gritting his teeth. He took deep breaths, trying to calm himself down. 
  For being the socially inept person he was, he for some reason cared too much about what people thought about him. It was probably why he was socially inept in the first place. 
  If he said something wrong, would people make fun of him? If he angered somebody, will the whole student body turn their backs on him? 
  He stopped in his tracks when he heard the same voice just behind him. 
  "Hey cutie, do you want to join me and my friends? We can show you around better than Kim here." The girl, Krystal spoke, pointing a manicured finger at Myungsoo. He watched with narrow eyes as she put her hair behind her ear, blinking flirtatiously as Sungjong. 
  "It's alright, Myungsoo here is doing a perfect job already," Sungjong said, sending a smile to him and Myungsoo's eyes widened in surprise. Someone... Someone was choosing to stay with him instead of leaving him?
  "Huh? Don't be so shy, you don't have to be worried about Kim's feelings. Rumour has it that he doesn't have any, anyway." Krystal whined, a hand on her hip as the other grabbed Sungjong's tie, pulling him closer and winking at him. Myungsoo felt his irritation and disgust growing. He turned and made to walk away, when he felt someone grab him, stopping him. 
  "Oh really? That can't be right, though, since Myungsoo looked hurt by your nasty words from earlier." Sungjong retorted, and Krystal gasped, turning a bright shade of red at having been exposed to the entire school. 
  "W-what do you mean? I'm only doing this for your own good, he's not someone to be friends with!" Krystal yelled at him, enraged. Sungjong studied her for a few moments, before bending down to her level. 
  "Are you sure you weren't trying to get in my pants? Sorry, but I'm gay." Sungjong said, and straightened his back almost immediately, pulling Myungsoo along the hallway. 
  "Oi, let go of me!" Myungsoo grumbled, though he made no actual attempt to free himself. He was still overwhelmed by what just happened. Never, never had anybody chosen him before. So- why?
  "Hey, Myungsoo. Are you always being treated like that?" Sungjong asked, turning his head slightly to do so. Myungsoo's breath hitched, before he nodded his head, a soft 'yeah' escaping his lips. Sungjong was silent for a few moments before he turned around. 
  "Well then, I will be your friend!" 

  "Myungsoo, you seem to be in a happier mood than usual," his dance teammate, Onew pointed out. At this, everybody's attention turned to him. 
  "Oh, you're right! Look, there're no wrinkles in between his brows!" Amber exclaimed, rubbing the area between Myungsoo's brows in what can only be described as pure wonder. 
  "It's not that he is in a happier mood, he's just not as grumpy as usual," their coach, Ms Lee remarked. 
  "Even that is a miracle itself. Now, what's got our Myungsoo in such a good mood?" Mir questioned, and Myungsoo scrunched his nose when all his teammates sat around him in a circle. 
  "Yeah, Myungsoo. Come on, tell us!" Seolhyun pressed, and Myungsoo tsked. 
  "It's nothing. I just made a friend, is all." Myungsoo mumbled, and everybody around him froze. 
  "You made a friend." Onew gasped. 
  "Oh my god, who is this person?!" Tiffany asked excitedly. 
  "Must be an angel if he can stand Myungsoo," Baekhyun remarked. Myungsoo growled at them, standing back up. 
  "Let's continue practice!"
  "Huh? Come on, who is the guy?!"

  "Why in the world must I tell you my hobbies?" Myungsoo asked as he lifted his head off the table and turned it so he faced away from Sungjong. 
  "That's because we are friends! You can't tell me you aren't interested in me as well." Sungjong teased, though he was quickly shot down. 
  "Absolutely not interested in you." 
  "So mean! Come on, tell me just one thing you like to do." Sungjong persisted, poking Myungsoo with his pointer finger. Myungsoo groaned, annoyed that his daily morning nap was being interrupted. This was only the second day he has known Sungjong, and he was already so close to killing him. 
  "Alright, alright! I dance, happy?" Myungsoo exclaimed, smiling as he laid his head back down, hoping that he was finally going to get some peace and quiet. What a naive way of thinking, though. 
  "That's so cool! You have to let me see you dance, you just have to!" Sungjong rambled on excitedly, and Myungsoo shook his head, hands covering his ears. It was going to be a long friendship with this guy. 

  Myungsoo felt his eye twitch, and he growled lowly under his breath before he spun around, glaring at Sungjong. 
  "And why exactly are you following me?" Myungsoo asked, and people around them quickly moved out of their way after seeing the way his vein looked about ready to burst. 
  "I'm following you home every day until you bring me to your dance class!" Sungjong announced, and Myungsoo blinked. He had dance practice three times a week, and today was one of those days. He will not have Sungjong following him around. Dancing was the only thing he had that was away from the stupidity of the school. 
  He bit the inside of his cheek and looked down to the floor, pretending to consider Sungjong's words before he was stepping on Sungjong's foot. 
  Ignoring the younger's cry of pain, Myungsoo turned and quickly took off towards his dance studio, smirking when the sound of Sungjong's steps and his yells ceased. 
  It had been a brutal run, the dance studio having been more than a fifteen-minute walk away. Myungsoo leaned against the entrance, hands on his knees as he took deep breaths to can himself, before finally opening the door and entering. 

  "First, you come in yesterday looking like a normal person and today you come in looking like you've been chased by a pack of dogs." Baekhyun voiced out, effectively making Myungsoo freeze. Just when he thought he was going to get away with his unusual behaviour, he was spotted once more. 
  "That is true. What's up, your new friend again?" Onew asked, falling to the floor in exhaustion. Myungsoo groaned to himself. They weren't going to let it go anytime soon, so he might as well tell them. 
  "Yeah. He apparently wants to come and see me dance." Myungsoo muttered as he squeezed water in his mouth, wiping his mouth as he carefully inspected his too excited looking teammates. 
  "You totally have to bring him! Introduce us to your first friend besides us!" Mir exclaimed, and Myungsoo tsked at the last part. He just had to bring that up. 
  "Yeah, Myungsoo. You can bring him the next practice." Ms Lee joined in, causing Myungsoo to gape at her. 
  Knowing none of his teammates were one to let go of things, he reluctantly agreed and succumbed to his fate. Besides, Sungjong wasn't so bad, he guessed. 

  "I can what?!" Sungjong squealed excitedly into Myungsoo's ear, causing their classmates to turn their heads to stare t them curiously.     
  Embarrassed, Myungsoo quickly apologised on behalf of Sungjong whilst keeping a hand on the younger's mouth. 
  "I said, you can follow me to dance class tomorrow. My... Teammates want to meet you." Myungsoo explained, having to stop to consider calling them 'friends' but deciding not to. 
  "Oh? The great Kim Myungsoo was talking about me?" Sungjong teased, face coming close to Myungsoo's. 
  Myungsoo scoffed, using his hand to push Sungjong away. 
  "Don't get cocky now."

  "Woah." Sungjong breathed out as he looked at the entrance, eyes fixed on the many pictures of dancers on the walls, "This place is like, the best in Seoul."
  Myungsoo shrugged, news not surprising though he had never really heard about it. His dance instructor was good and the place was always packed, so it was bound to be well-known. 
  Myungsoo dragged the awestruck Sungjong to the studio, knocking twice before making his way in. At once, all eyes them. There was a moment of silence as Myungsoo dropped his bag onto the floor and sat down to stretch, whilst Sungjong stood alone at the door. 
  Then, all at once, his teammates were crowding around Sungjong and bombing him with questions. 
  "What's your name?!"
  "Why Myungsoo of all people?!"
  "Are you sure you are sane? You might need to get checked into a mental hospital."
  "How do you survive being around that kid? Isn't he like very quiet in school."
  "You are very cute..."
  Myungsoo snickered to himself as he heard Sungjong's pleas for help, though he ignored it. That brat wanted to come so he might as well deal with the consequences himself. 

  With stretches done and with a friend barely alive after the interrogating session, Myungsoo stood up from his place and made his way to the centre of the studio; his rightful position. 
  Ms Lee clapped her hands together and all five other members got together, Seolhyun coming to Myungsoo's side. 
  "We are going to run through the dance once. I want to see if you have made any improvements." Ms Lee announced, moving to start the music as everybody got into position. 
  They were entering a wide scale dance competition, with people from all over the world entering. The thought made Myungsoo excited to witness all the definitely talented dancers that will be there. But of course, he was hoping they would be the winner. 
  They were dancing in three pairs, going for the theme 'Jazz Hiphop'. If was the dance that Myungsoo was the best at. 
  When the music started, everything else seemed to fade away. Everything except him and the mirror. 
  Myungsoo stared at himself in the mirror as he moved his body, making sure all his moves were sharp and precise. He vaguely registered Seolhyun's movements, felt the pressing of their bodies together at certain parts of the song. 
  Yet, all Myungsoo could see was himself. The way he moved, the energy he was using, the expression on his face. He corrected anything he felt was off, making his dancing as perfect as it could possibly be. 
  And then, it was over. He was brought back into reality and everybody appeared in the mirror, all panting as well. They were released for a water break, although Myungsoo was called in by Ms Lee. 
  "Myungsoo, I thought I've told you this before, but you have to be aware of what your partner is doing. Seolhyun is trying to match the way you move but if you don't accommodate her as well, how else is it going to work?" Ms Lee asked, though her tone was not one of scolding. Myungsoo looked down guiltily. 
  "I know you've said it, but whenever I dance everybody just disappears and it is just me and the mirror. Everybody else doesn't exist when I dance." Myungsoo mumbled, and Ms Lee sighed. 
  "You've told me that before. But I need you to try, okay? If you can't, then it's either we switch you out or we lose." 
  All Myungsoo could do was nod his head and walk away. 

  Sungjong would be lying if he said that he hadn't thought of Myungsoo falling over while dancing. In fact, the thought had entered his mind so often he found himself laughing in the middle of class. 
  But, what he just witnessed, it was far from the careless fumbling mess he had imagined Myungsoo to be. No, Myungsoo was far from that. 
  Myungsoo was an absolutely different person when he danced. Gone was the aloof guy that shied away from people. The person that was dancing in front of him... That guy was made to attract people to him (girls especially). 
  The way his hands moved in the air as if it were moving through water, and the way he seemed to move that body with effortless ease- He was beautiful. Myungsoo was absolutely beautiful when he danced. 
  He tried to contain his excitement while Myungsoo and his coach talked. He had to try to push his very gay mind to the corner to avoid drooling over the way Myungsoo ran his fingers through his hair and gasped for air. 
  He had thought himself safe since he never felt anything for Myungsoo. But he was feeling the opposite of safe at the moment, and it excited him. 
  "What were you guys talking about?" Sungjong asked, taking note of Myungsoo's disgruntled expression. Myungsoo sighed and waved his hand in a dismissive manner, making Sungjong quickly switch topics. 
  "Alright then, but you were amazing! Like, all those girls that call you a loner would drool once they see you dance, and..." Sungjong rambled on, never noticing the slight flush that appeared on Myungsoo's cheeks that were definitely not from the earlier dancing. 

A/N: Lmao I think I exceeded 2K I HOPE IT ISNT BORING! Please let me know what you think about it >< (do note that the chapters will probably be a little shorter after this ':D)