Chapter Four: Fear

Eyes On Your Body [Discontinued]

  Fear. 
  Like cold hands reaching out to grab at him, fingers tauntingly moving across his body. They surrounded him, engulfing him in a hug devoid of everything but desperation. 
  Desperation to escape. Desperation to run the away. 
  Yet, all Sungjong could do was lay there on that cold, hard floor; and cry. 

-

  "Don't disturb me," Myungsoo grumbled, turning his head towards the other side of the classroom - and Sungjong - and thumping it back down on the table. He heard a whine from behind him and felt Sungjong lay his forehead on his bent arm. Myungsoo swore his heart skipped a beat. 
  If Sungjong had been touchy before, it was nothing compared to how absolutely clingy he was not. Myungsoo mused quietly as he replayed the scene from earlier this morning, Sungjong jumping onto him and practically nuzzling his neck, greeting him with a kiss to the cheek. 
  Myungsoo felt his lips lifting and pursed them, letting it fall back to normal because no, he was definitely not going to act like some high school girl in love with her senpai. But he sure was acting like one. 
  Sighing, Myungsoo lifted his head and left his bent arm the way it was on the table, lifting his other to rest his head against it. 
  "What could you want now? Your boundless energy has got me tired just by looking at you," Myungsoo droned, shaking his arm slightly to get the other boy's attention. Sungjong whined again and lifted his head, turning to face Myungsoo before dropping his head once more, cheek pressed onto Myungsoo's arm and Myungsoo would be damned if that was not the cutest he had ever witnessed. 
  "It's not my fault, you're the one that keeps ignoring me even though we're dating!" Sungjong pouted, and Myungsoo found his eyes glued on his lips. 
  "You want attention, huh?" Myungsoo asked, bending down so that their faces were mere inches apart, lips almost touching. He watched as Sungjong's eyes went wide, felt his breath stutter against his lips. They stayed that way for awhile, neither finding the will to pull away, and both unsure about whether to connect their lips. 
  Despite officially establishing their relationship yesterday, that did not mean that Myungsoo didn't find himself already wanting to just feel the press of Sungjong's lips against his own. 
  Call him impatient, but he really wanted to kiss Sungjong. If only he moved a little closer...
  Myungsoo heard the sound of footsteps and pulled away reluctantly, laying his head back down on his desk, not finding the energy to tell Sungjong to get his head off Myungsoo's neck. 
  He liked it, anyway. 

  Myungsoo should've expected it. If his dance members overreacted to him being normal, they would definitely overreact if he and Sungjong showed up with interlocked hands. 
  Which was exactly what they did. 
  Although - and thank goodness - they had the self restraint to hold back their questions and not make the situation awkward, Myungsoo felt about ready to snap whenever one of them looked over with teasing glances, mostly when Sungjong was distracted. 
  Which was often, considering that within the short course of their relationship, he'd taken a liking to drawing mindless patterns on Myungsoo's palm. (Which Myungsoo found really ticklish) (he tried to stop Sungjong but he looked too precious)
  This subjected Myungsoo to a whole dance lesson long of stares and smirks, and he had to reason with an unbelieving Mir that the redness in his cheeks was because of how hard he was dancing and certainly not because of the stares and Sungjong's antics. 
  That said, Myungsoo felt completely betrayed when Sungjong had informed him of his inability to practice after lesson, leaving him with only a kiss on his cheek and a 'good luck'.
  And then, Myungsoo was surrounded. 
  "Why would someone as good as Sungjong date you?!" Onew was the first to yell his thoughts, pointing a finger at Myungsoo. Agreements could be heard and Myungsoo was close to snapping. 
  "Well,-"
  "Wait, never mind that. Have you guys even kissed?" Amber asked, eyes sparkling. (Because her OTP got together) (just kidding)
  "Well, not in the-"
  "How is it like holding those beautiful hands?" Tiffany cut in, forever the beauty enthusiast. 
  "Well, it's-"
  "Have you guys had yet?" Mir asked. 
  "What?! No, we-"
  "How long have both of you-"
  "Enough!" Myungsoo shouted, effectively cutting Baekhyun off. He breathed deeply, gesturing to everybody to sit. 
  By the end of his explanation, well, he was a blushing mess if anything. 
  "Aw, Myungsoo confessed!" Onew teased, earning him a punch to the gut that had him clutching his stomach in pain. 
  "Judging from your story, I'm guessing that you've not gone on a date with him yet, right?" Amber asked, calculating eyes set on Myungsoo. The latter scratched his neck awkwardly, nodding his head. 
  "What are you waiting for, then? Man up and ask him!" Mir exclaimed, effectively toning down when Myungsoo shot a glare towards him. Myungsoo huffed. 
  "I would. I did, actually. But he had to eat with his family and now, when I'm not spurred on by momentum, I can't find it in myself to ask. Besides, it's not like I know what to do-!" Myungsoo tried to explain, cutting himself off when he noticed the excited looks on his teammates faces. 
  "No worry there, Myungsoo. That's why you have friends," Tiffany said, smiling teasingly. 

To: Annoying Pest
Tomorrow, we're going on a date. 
From: Myungsoo

  Myungsoo could barely contain himself as he walked towards the meeting place, border-lining skipping, if anything. 
  He never knew that his heart could feel this way for anything other than dancing. But of course, he had never met anyone like Sungjong. 
  Sungjong with his annoying persistence, Sungjong with his annoying antics, Sungjong with his awful ability to make Myungsoo succumb to him and Sungjong with that brilliant smile of his. Oh, his smile-! Myungsoo could spend years describing it and he still wouldn't have said enough to convey just how precious that smile was to him. (Of course, not like he would admit it if somebody asked)
  Yet, despite everything, Myungsoo was still unsure about whether the date would actually go as well as he hoped. 
  Success could definitely not be guaranteed if his teammates were the ones to give suggestions. Granted, he didn't think the plan was that bad... He was still doubtful of how swimmingly it would go.  
  He didn't have much time to think about it though, before he felt the air being knocked out of him and a pair of arms around him. He was hit with the familiar smell of Sungjong; a smell so sweet, so spicy and just so ultimately Sungjong. 
  "O-oi-! Get off me!" Myungsoo stuttered, pulling Sungjong's arms off him and huffing, trying to keep the blush from his cheeks. Sungjong smiled cheekily up at him, and it took all of Myungsoo's self control not to just lean down and kiss him. 
  "So, what does my boyfriend have in store for me today?" Sungjong teased as both of them walked side by side to wherever they were going. It didn't bother Sungjong much, anywhere with Myungsoo would be a brilliant first date. 
  "Well, first, we will be going to..." Myungsoo trailed off, taking out his phone to check what exactly they were supposed to do first. Sungjong saw this and started laughing, grabbing the phone out of Myungsoo's hands despite his protests. 
  "I can sense the personalities of all the dance members in here. Did poor Myungsoo get help from them?" Sungjong asked, purposefully saying Myungsoo's name to . Myungsoo flushed, huffing once more. 
  "S-shut up..." Myungsoo mumbled, though his words had no actual bite. Myungsoo looked up upon hearing Sungjong's melodious laugh once more, and blinked as the phone was passed back to him. 
  "So, the pet centre, is it?" Sungjong asked, and Myungsoo double-checked before nodding his head. 
  It had been Mir's idea, something about seeing Sungjong's face light up and the idea had sounded very, very good to Myungsoo. 
  The walk to the pet store was anything but long. In fact, if you were to ask Myungsoo, it was simply too short. He had tried multiple times to master the courage to link hands with Sungjong because even with the few times they've done it, it was still nerve wrecking as ever to initiate it. 
  So he settled for subtle purposeful brushes of their fingers and shy smiles sent to one another as they immersed in nonsensical talks. 

  Myungsoo never thought he would ever want to thank Mir for anything but at that moment, he did. The moment when he saw Sungjong's face light up so bright he thought his face was going to break. 
  "Myungsoo, Myungsoo, look at this guy!" Sungjong said excitedly, reaching towards Myungsoo and pulling him across. Myungsoo flustered as Sungjong interlaced their fingers smoothly, without so much as batting an eyelash or a second of hesitation. Sungjong smiled at him before turning back to face the dog, separated from them by just a glass wall. 
  "He's cute," Myungsoo deadpanned, still trying to calm his heart that he knew Sungjong would be able to feel was going wild. 
  "Right? I've always wanted a dog like this. Such an angel," Sungjong sighed dreamily. The sides of Myungsoo's lips twitched as he looked back at the dog, noting its species. 
  British Bulldog. 

  They were making their way to the next destination on Myungsoo's list when Sungjong stopped, pointing with all the energy he had at a cotton candy stall. One that had a very, very long line. 
  "No," Myungsoo said before Sungjong could even say anything, making to walk away. Sungjong grabbed his arm and turned him around, shooting him eyes that had Myungsoo crumbling and biting his lower lips to keep himself in check. 
  "Alright, I get it. Wait here," Myungsoo said, chuckling lightly at himself. To think that he, Kim Myungsoo, would be so smitten by anyone. But then again, who wouldn't love Sungjong?
  Myungsoo waited impatiently for twenty minutes before finally, finally, getting the cotton candy. He walked back to where he told Sungjong to wait, almost skipping when he thought of feeding Sungjong the cotton candy, or maybe wiping some from the corner of his lips with his thumb...!
  But Sungjong wasn't there. Myungsoo stopped, looking around the area. He frowned, pulling out his phone and dialling Sungjong's number, only to ignite panic in his heart as the number went straight to voicemail. 
  He kept his phone and started shouting Sungjong's name, not bothering with how ridiculous he must have looked. 
  Did Sungjong leave him? Was Sungjong playing with his feelings all this while? What if-
  And then Myungsoo stopped. It was as if the realisation had hit so hard that he couldn't even breathe. One moment he was standing shocked, and the next he was running. 
  Because oh, it had to mean something that he just saw Seolhyun pass money to a very drunk looking man. 
  If it was Seolhyun, it meant something very, very bad. 

  Fear. 
  It trickled away slowly, leaving nothing but a shell of what he used to be. 

A/N: So, I disappeared for awhile for exams and this is the type of chapter I bring you guys?! WELL, YES IT IS! Do let me know what you think in the comments! I feel like I lost touch with my writing so I'm gonna work hard to try and gain it back! Not proofread, less than 2,000 words BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOY