Chapter Two: In The Mirror

Eyes On Your Body [Discontinued]

  Himself in the mirror. 
  That was all he could see. Reaching out his hand, he watched with widened eyes as his reflection changed, and he was no longer where he was. 
  He knew... He knew he was still in the room, facing the mirror. 
  Yet, he couldn't see himself in it. 
  All he could see were the reflections of another man, dancing better than he ever did. 
-
  "So, when are your practice days?" Sungjong asked, plopping himself in his seat next to Myungsoo's as he got out his phone, the calendar app opened. Myungsoo froze, turning his head ever so slowly towards Sungjong. 
  "And why would you need to know such details?" Myungsoo asked, though he already knew the answer. 
  "I'm going to follow you, of course! I like seeing you dance and all your teammates like me too so I'm sure they won't mind." Sungjong pointed out, and Myungsoo scrunched his nose, not being able to retort as it was true. His friends had all been attracted to Sungjong's outgoing personality, and Amber went as far as to claim that she will steal Sungjong away from him, though in a teasing manner, unlike Krystal. 
  "Rejected," Myungsoo said, and Sungjong blinked at him. 
  "Re...jected?" Sungjong tilted his head, not understanding what Myungsoo meant. 
  "Your wish to follow me to dance practices is rejected." Myungsoo elaborated, and Sungjong stared at him, aghast. 
  "Wha- Why?!" Sungjong exclaimed, and Myungsoo sighed as he clamped his hand over Sungjong's mouth, apologising to everybody else for a loud mouth that wasn't his. Honestly, the fact that he had to do it twice in two days was pretty ridiculous. 
  "Because, rejected."
  "That makes no sense!"

  Myungsoo was having a strong sense of Deja Vu. Taking a deep breath, he stopped and turned, facing the pesky idiot that wouldn't leave him alone. 
  "So, why are you following me again today?" Myungsoo seethed out, and Sungjong immediately raised his arms innocently, flashing him a smile.
  "Well, since you wouldn't tell me which days your dance practices are, I've decided to just follow you home every day! Besides, I now know where your dance practices are held so no point running." Sungjong boasted, and Myungsoo tsked, shaking his head. 
  "Well, unfortunately for you, I don't have dance practice today. So if you will..." Making a shooing motion with his hand, he stood a step back, about to continue his way back home when Sungjong's hands on his shoulders stopped him. 
  "Don't be so rude! Come on, since we're together, let's go grab something to eat!" Sungjong yelled excitedly, nodding his head fervently in front of Myungsoo's. 
  "Rejected."
  "Rejection rejected!"

   "I already said, I just want to go back home!" Myungsoo grumbled as Sungjong pushed him into a fast food chain. Sungjong wagged his finger in front of him. 
  "Myungsoo, just because you are socially inept doesn't mean that you have to live your life in potentially life ending isolation."
  "I like isolation!" Myungsoo retorted, about to reach out his hands to strangle Sungjong when a familiar voice stopped him. 
  "Myungsoo, Sungjong!" He heard Onew yell, running towards them and bringing them both into a suffocating hug. Myungsoo frowned, not appreciating the close proximity at all. He brought him foot down on Onew's, rubbing his hands over his arms as Onew hopped on one foot, face scrunched in pain.
  "Why are you here?" Myungsoo grumbled, walking towards a random table and sitting down. Sungjong and Onew followed and the way they took both seats around him making his eyebrow twitch. He really didn't feel like being around people. 
  "Well, I came here to buy takeaway lunch but I guess I can afford to stay here and entertain the both of you," Onew said in a mockingly arrogant voice, and Myungsoo rolled his eyes. That moment when his eyeballs rolled back was enough for him to miss the twinkle in Sungjong's eyes and prevent him from stopping the disaster. 
  "Hey Onew, when are your practice days? I want to come and watch." Breath hitching, Myungsoo made to signal to Onew to keep his mouth shut, but the older guy was already rambling his mouth off. 
  "We have practices every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday! Didn't Myungsoo tell you?" Onew questioned, sending the mentioned a teasing glance. 
  Myungsoo gritted his teeth and stood up, making his way to the entrance of the place. 
  "Hey Myungsoo, where are you going?" Sungjong asked, a light tone to his voice as he chuckled slightly. 
  "I'm going home, eat with Onew yourself." Myungsoo sulked. 
  "Oh? I guess we can use the money from your wallet that you've conveniently left on the table."
  "Give it!"
  "Nope, eat with us!"
  "AHAHAHAHAHAH!" (Onew of course)

  Sungjong ended up following Myungsoo to dance practices religiously, and had over time seemed to become part of the team itself. 
  Despite how much Myungsoo wouldn't admit it, practices have changed for the better since Sungjong started occupying the space at the corner of the room. There was more laughter, more ease between Myungsoo and his teammates, all because Sungjong was the outgoing individual he was. 
  That being said, all Sungjong did was occupy space. He didn't partake in the dance routines, and he simply stays on the floor throughout the practices. Though it shouldn't bother Myungsoo, it did, because was Sungjong really alright with just watching him and his teammates' dance?
  Was Sungjong secretly extremely bored during his dance practices but just didn't have to heart to tell him?
  When confronted, Sungjong raised an eyebrow and laughed, shaking his head. 
  "Of course, it's alright! I've said it before and I will say it again, I really love to watch you dance." He said, and Myungsoo pursed his lips. 
  "But doesn't your body itch to move when you see others dance? I know mine does." Myungsoo protested, and he was too caught up in confusion to see the twinkle in Sungjong's eyes. 
  "Well then, why don't you teach me that routine you guys are gonna use for the competition?"  
  That's how Sungjong started dancing. 

  "Move your leg a little more, you idiot," Myungsoo ordered, and Sungjong tsked at being called such a name, though he followed his instructions and finally got the pose they had been working on for awhile. 
  "You're an even slower learner than I thought you would be." Myungsoo mocked, and had to dodge to avoid the hand that swung down to hit him, smirking. 
  Yet, despite the appearance he kept, there was a feeling inside of him that he couldn't describe. Was it fear? Wonder? Absolute cluelessness? 
  The way Sungjong danced... It attracted him. 
  The coach watched all this with curious eyes, having an inkling of what was happening- but not entirely sure about it herself. 

  "Seolhyun is sick?" Myungsoo asked, though he wasn't really interested as he bent down, arms in front of him and legs spread out. It has been two weeks since he first started teaching Sungjong to dance. 
  Mir nodded his head as he stretched his legs, sighing. 
  "Came down with some flu or something. She's now at some expensive clinic getting treated or something." Mir murmured jealously, though Myungsoo understood why. 
  Seolhyun's family had money. Like, a lot of it. So much that the team wondered why she would even waste time on dance in the first place when she should be studying to take over the company or something. 
  "Well, it doesn't matter to me. I will just dance alone then." Myungsoo droned, and everybody shook their heads at him. Sometimes, Myungsoo was just a tad bit too confident when it came to dancing, though it wasn't on purpose. He was just that focused on improving himself. 
  "Oh, but that's not going to happen." Ms Lee announced, putting pressure on Myungsoo's back, causing him to let out a strangled sound as he was forced beyond his limits. 
  "W-what do you- Ow, stop that!" Myungsoo yelled, and Ms Lee laughed, removing her hand. 
  "Well, I was thinking of maybe letting Sungjong have a go at the dance. He's always around but does nothing, so I thought maybe this would entertain him a little." Ms Lee explained, and Myungsoo blinked, before holding up a hand. 
  "Hold on, you want Sungjong to dance with me as a pair?" Myungsoo clarified. Ms Lee nodded her head. "But he doesn't know the dance!"
  "Oh, but he does, doesn't he?" Ms Lee asked, a knowing look in her eyes as she looked at Myungsoo, before shifting her gaze to the oblivious boy at the corner of the room. 
  Myungsoo looked down in embarrassment as his teammates turned to look at him. It was unheard of, that Myungsoo would use his time to teach someone dance. Just how much did Sungjong mean to him?
  "Alright, don't blame me if he fumbles, though."

  "M-me? D-dance?!" Sungjong stuttered, and Myungsoo nodded his head, a sigh escaping his lips. 
  "Ms Lee saw us practicing and she thinks you are up to take Seolhyun's place, I guess," Myungsoo said, though scenarios of how badly their practices thus far have went made him think otherwise. 
  Sungjong at dancing. Period. 
  "Well, let's just show them what we've got." 
  "Alright!"

  There he stood, in the middle. Myungsoo rolled his shoulders, relaxing them for what was to come. 
  The music came on, and everything around him dimmed. He looked at himself in the mirror, eyes finding himself immediately as he started to move, swaying to the music and immersing himself in his dance. 
  
  Ms Lee watched them perform with calculating eyes, lips curling into a smile. 
  They were going to win that competition, even if it meant taking drastic measures. 

  It was the practice after, and Sungjong was helping Myungsoo stretch- though against his will. 
  "Sungjong, you're pushing too hard." Myungsoo squeezed out, and Sungjong smirked, only pressing harder and relishing in the chokes that Myungsoo let out. 
  Seolhyun made her way towards them, laughing. 
  "I suggest you do it harder, Sungjong." Seolhyun urged, and Sungjong nodded as he did just that, earning curses from Myungsoo. 
  All the teammates laughed at the situation, though they fell silent when Ms Lee raised her hand; a call for attention. 
  "This will be sudden and unbelievable for some of you, but I have made this decision after much consideration. Instead of Seolhyun, Sungjong will be dancing with Myungsoo for the competition." Ms Lee announced. 
  Pin drop silence ensued, all eyes widening and looking between Seolhyun and Sungjong. Sungjong was shocked, of course. His face paled, and he moved his mouth, but no words escaped. 
  Seolhyun, though. Seolhyun had tons to say. 
  "What in the world?! Ms Lee, I'm by far the best female dancer here, and Sungjong isn't even a female! Not only that, can he actually dance well?" Seolhyun seethed. 
  Myungsoo blinked. Just moments ago, Seolhyun was acting so friendly towards Sungjong, and yet...
  "Yes, but if I were to choose either you or Myungsoo, I would choose Myungsoo." At this, eyes turned towards the mentioned, who raised his hands in denial. He played no role in this. 
  "Tsk." Seolhyun let out, shooting a glare at Sungjong before grabbing her bag, stomping out of the room. 
  Nobody moved for awhile until Sungjong was shooting up from the floor, incoherent words leaving his mouth. 
  "I-I'm sorry! I- I didn't know- I mean- I really-!" Sungjong continued, body bowed at a ninety-degree angle while Myungsoo's teammates assured him that it was not his fault. 
  Myungsoo stood up from his place on the floor, walking towards Ms Lee who was looking at her phone. 
  "What is this about, Ms Lee? What do you mean you would choose me over Seolhyun?" Myungsoo questioned, and Ms Lee sighed. 
  "Are you feeling sorry for Seolhyun?" Ms Lee asked, eyeing her best student. 
  "I'm not really concerned for her. I'm simply worried about our chances of winning. Is this really the best choice?" Myungsoo asked. He really did feel no sympathy for Seolhyun, but Sungjong could barely get down the moves!
  "Myungsoo, when you danced with Sungjong, did anything feel different?" Ms Lee asked. Myungsoo frowned. 
  "No?" Myungsoo answered, though it sounded more like a question. Ms Lee sighed. Bright in dancing but just so daft at everything else. 
  "In the mirror, was anything different?"
  "Different? No, all I saw was myself and-" Myungsoo stopped, eyes widening as he thought back to the last practice. In front of him, was the mirror. And in the mirror was him, and a shadow...?
  He gasped, spinning around and running towards Sungjong. 
  Ms Lee smiled. Guess Myungsoo was a little bright in other areas too. 

  Sungjong was appalled. How in the world was he supposed to participate in a dance competition meant for talented dancers when he was a fumbling mess of limbs when he so much as tried a single routine?
  He saw Myungsoo running towards him, and he shivered at the thought of him being angry. 
  "Sung-"
  "I'm sorry!" Sungjong cut Myungsoo off, bowing deeply. He vaguely registered the protests of Myungsoo's other teammates, but he seriously didn't want to anger Myungsoo. Anyone but Myungsoo. 
  "I'm not angry."
  Not Myungsoo who he thinks he may be developing feelings for- Wait, what?
  "You're not?" Sungjong asked excitedly, shooting straight up with a smile blooming on his face. 
  "Not at all, I don't mind. But for now, could we go through that routine again?" Myungsoo asked, grabbing Sungjong's arm. 
  "But I haven't stretched!"
  "Doesn't matter."
  "Kim Myungsoo let Sungjong stretch!"

  Myungsoo put his hands on his knees as he looked at his reflection, a smile on his face despite his harsh panting. 
  He could see it. He could see it!
  Someone in the mirror besides himself. 

A/N: Good? Bad? DONT EXPECT SUCH QUICK UPDATES IN THE FUTURE I JUST FELT ON A ROLL BUT IS THIS EVEN GOOD? #questioningmyself24/7 Do let me know what you think! And a fair warning: I love angst.