Chapter 3: Realisation

Eyes On Your Body [Discontinued]

  He had never felt so anxious. 
  It was definitely not normal, in any sense of the word. He pressed a palm to his heart, willing it to calm down. 
  He scoffed silently to himself. Who exactly was he?
  A socially handicapped individual? A confident, alluring dancer? Or a stuttering, frantic and cowardly man? 
  Myungsoo sighed, pushing himself off the wall he had leant against. He could do this. He had to. 

-

  Let's just say, things certainly changed from that day onwards. It was no longer Sungjong just tagging along with Myungsoo to dance practices but instead, both of them walking side by side towards the studio- both with thoughts of doing their best. 
  It was no longer just Sungjong who helped Myungsoo to stretch, but vice versa, and it was no longer Myungsoo alone staying behind to brush up on his moves while Sungjong waved goodbye. This time, it was the both of them together. 
  Well, it was true that many things remained the same though, one being that Myungsoo still found Sungjong unbelievably annoying. 
  Like, extremely annoying. 
  "Myungsoo look at that, foooooood!" Sungjong exclaimed, pointing at a store as they walked by. The border showed all different kinds of food; Kimchi pancake, Ramyun, Bulgogi, etc. Sungjong paused and stared at it with shining eyes, while Myungsoo shook his head. He vaguely recalled the time when he was ten and ate right before dance class. Never will he forget the embarrassment of throwing up in front of everyone. 
  "Absolutely not. Eating before dance is the worst thing you could ever do," he chastised, hand making its way to grab Sungjong's arm and pull him away from the store. Except, it didn't go that way. Before Myungsoo knew what was happening, Sungjong had laced their hands together and started tugging them towards it. 
  Now, Myungsoo had never thought much about his uality before. In fact, he didn't really think it mattered, which was why he didn't mind that Sungjong was gay. But for that brief moment, when he stared at their interlocked hands, he started to question himself. 
  "A-alright, we can eat!" Myungsoo yelled, wrenching his hand free and crossing his arms, scowling slightly at Sungjong. The latter, however, seemed unaffected by the harsh rejection and merely swung his arm around Myungsoo's neck. 
  "Brilliant! At the same time, you should pay for my food because I didn't bring my wallet with me."
  "What?!"

  "Myungsoo, must I remind you about the incident from a few years ago? You know, the one where you threw up in front of everybody?" Ms Lee questioned, raising an eyebrow. Her best student and his dance partner had came forward with the fact that they were incapable of dancing for the day; due to their full stomachs and she was not pleased. 
  "Nope," Myungsoo mumbled while staring at the floor, a small pout forming on his lips. He really hated when Ms Lee reprimanded him, the respect he felt for her restricting him from feeling irritated like how he would towards other teachers. Ms Lee saw this and sighed, deciding to let it go just for today. 
  "Alright, you both can sit out. What in the world made you eat before dance, though?" Ms Lee asked. Myungsoo blushed, waving his hands erratically. 
  "W-well, S-Sungjong wanted to eat so I- I just went along. Yup, nothing to do with skinship, nope!" Myungsoo exclaimed, not aware of the slip up he made. Ms Lee smiled knowingly, before dismissing him. Sungjong really did wonders to Myungsoo. 
 
  "Hey, how'd it go?" Sungjong asked from his spot, lucky enough not to have been the loser for rock-paper-scissors, in which was the game they chose to decide who was to break the news to Ms Lee. 
  Myungsoo breathed out a sigh, plopping down beside the other boy. 
  "She seemed alright, thank God," Myungsoo whispered, shivering at the thought of being forced to do fifty push-ups. It wasn't a punishment he'd ever have to endure before, but the way others looked after they did it made him cringe. 
  "Hey, Seolhyun isn't here again?" Sungjong asked, voice hesitant. Myungsoo pursed his lips, shaking his head. He hated the guilt he could sense from the other boy's tone, because it wasn't his fault. It wasn't his fault that Seolhyun was too salty a person that she changed to another class and refused to step into the same room as him. Myungsoo frowned, once more wondering why he cared so much about how Sungjong felt, as he did every time Sungjong asked the same question. 
  "Hey," Myungsoo started, gaining Sungjong's attention, "it's not your fault. Ms Lee thinks you a better match for me and she's never wrong. Don't beat yourself over it, alright?" He turned towards Sungjong when he heard no reply. 
  It was just a small look. An innocent turn of his head to make sure Sungjong had understood him. And yet, it was that small look that sent his heart going crazy. 
  Sungjong's smile really was, beautiful. 

  "I'm going to work you hard today to make up for the practice you made us miss," Myungsoo told Sungjong, pressing exceptionally hard on the other's back and smirking at the pained noise Sungjong made. 
  "You're the one that relented though, so you're partly to blame," Sungjong refuted, straightening his back slowly with a wince. Myungsoo but his lip, almost letting out that the whole reason he relented was because Sungjong did weird things to him. Weird, but he couldn't say it was unpleasant. 
  They got into place, the music playing through the studio that was empty besides of them. It was only the first move and Myungsoo was already shaking his head in exasperation. 
  "We've practiced this move many times already. Your hands are supposed to go like this." Myungsoo murmured as he grabbed Sungjong's wrists in his hands, arranging them. 
  He was about to let go, satisfied with the position of Sungjong's hands when he looked in the mirror and stopped. His eyes widened as he silently took in their position in the mirror. They looked like they were paused in the middle of a passionate dance, their bodies close together and Myungsoo's neck bending so that his face was at Sungjong's hair. He took a small sniff, blinking as the smell of strawberries flooded him. 
  The slight action made Sungjong look up, their eyes meeting in the mirror they were facing. They froze, neither wishing to break the eye contact. Myungsoo's breath hitched when he realised how beautiful Sungjong look under the lights of the studio. Never had he wanted to turn someone around and kiss them so much before. 
  With a cough, Myungsoo let go and stepped away. They stood apart from each other awkwardly, both not knowing what to say. 
  "L-let's try that again," Myungsoo stuttered out, Sungjong nodding mutely. They both got into position once more and waited for the queue, moving at the same time. Myungsoo smiled slightly when he saw the move that he just corrected being executed perfectly, allowing himself to take in his dance partner as he let his body on autopilot. 
  He took in the way Sungjong flipped his hair at times, the way his skinny jeans hugged his thighs so nicely and-
  Myungsoo blinked, shaking his head lightly. Honestly, what was happening to him?

  "I can't believe that Ms Lee is still adamant on having that- That elephant of a dancer replace me!" A girl screeched, hand wrapping itself around the nearest object -a dictionary- to her and throwing it into the floor, barely missing the man that stood at the entrance of the room. 
  "It is not ladylike to throw items around, Miss," the butler remarked, not even flinching at the glare the girl shot him. Taking a deep breath, the girl straightened her back and nodded her head. 
  "Right, thanks Sebestian. Now, I just need to make sure that Sungjong won't be able to dance for the competition," the girl murmured, a hand on her chin. 
  "Who would you like me to call, Miss?" Sebestian asked, already reaching to pull out their list of dangerous contacts. The girl shook her head, holding up her hand. 
  "Making him go broke is not enough, nor is making him homeless. No... I'm going to destroy him. All it will take is to find a willing candidate to carry out my instructions."

  Myungsoo would be lying if he said he understood the feeling in his chest. It was a sort of emptiness, although he couldn't quite understand why he felt it. 
  Sungjong had other plans with his family for the day, leaving him to attend dance class alone. It wasn't anything new, the quiet and peacefulness of the walk to the studio. In fact, he used to love the alone time he had for himself. Yet, the quiet seemed to bug him and make him tsk. Never would he have thought the day would come that he would actually miss Sungjong's loud voice. 
  All throughout dance class, Myungsoo felt awkward when asked to dance the routine alone since Seolhyun had changed to another class. He looked in the mirror and suddenly felt overwhelmed by himself. He seemed to take up too much of the mirror, seemed to have something missing. 
  Sungjong's hand that was supposed to be on his shoulder, Sungjong's leg that should've been brushing his...
  The after class practice was what hit him the hardest. Before Sungjong, practicing after class was merely a way for him to get better than everybody else in the class. He aimed to be the best, wouldn't let himself slack and let somebody else take his place. 
  Yet, he was overcome with dread of practicing the routine alone. There was no Sungjong. No laughs, no sassy remarks, no awkward fumbling. 
  And then Myungsoo realised. 
  The only reason why he would feel such... Such loneliness and emptiness could only be because of one thing. 
  He loved Sungjong, no matter how stupid the other boy was. 

  Myungsoo wasn't a coward. At least, he didn't see himself as one. However, Myungsoo now would rather be called a coward than to have to go through with his plan. 
  Frowning, he slapped his hands on his face and breathed deeply, ignoring the weird looks he got from everybody. He walked into class, eyes searching until he found him. 
  And oh, how he took Myungsoo's breath away. The way he leaned his cheek against his palm and stared out the window, eyes barely seen from behind his fringe. Myungsoo blinked when Sungjong blew a raspberry, heart skipping a beat. 
  With slow, measured steps, he made his way towards Sungjong until he was right beside the younger boy, gaining his attention. 
  "Oh, Myungsoo! Sorry for not being able to make it yesterday. Actually, I'm not that sorry, since I got to eat hotpot and all," Sungjong teased, a twinkle in his eyes. Myungsoo gulped, because Sungjong didn't know how grateful he was that Sungjong hadn't gone for dance practice yesterday. He couldn't imagine himself having to stay oblivious to his own feelings any longer. 
  "Um... Could we go somewhere? I want to tell you something... Private," Myungsoo mumbled, and Sungjong raised a brow at that. Shrugging, he stood from his desk and followed Myungsoo out to a more secluded area. 

  Sungjong, for the death of him, couldn't contain himself. He had a vague idea why Myungsoo had dragged him out of class, and he would be lying if he said he wasn't excited. 
  Why would he not be, when that small crush he had on Myungsoo had developed into something so huge he felt like he was flying every time Myungsoo talked to him? 
  They both came to a stop, Myungsoo turning around. 
  "U-uh, I was wondering if we could-"
  "Yes, I will be your boyfriend!" Sungjong exclaimed, not letting Myungsoo finish. Myungsoo blinked, mouth gaping. 
  "I-I was just going to ask you out for lunch later," Myungsoo stuttered. Sungjong's eyes widened, face flushing when he realised what he just did. Myungsoo hadn't planned on confessing to him. No, not at all!
  "S-sorry, I thought-! I will just go," Sungjong mumbled, but was stopped by Myungsoo, who shot him a gentle smile. 
  "Truth is, I was planning on asking you out later anyway. So... I guess all worked out well," Myungsoo chuckled, his smile widening. 
  Sungjong breathed a sigh of relief, letting out a chuckle of his own before he deflated. 
  "I can't eat with you later, I'm going to eat with my family again," Sungjong said. Myungsoo pouted. 
  "Come on, you won't cancel for your boyfriend?" 
  "Family first, you little kid." Sungjong teased, reaching out to lace his fingers with Myungsoo's, not being able to stop the giddy feeling in his chest from spreading to the rest of his body. 

A/N: Sorry this took so long school is just- *throws gasoline over my school*. I hope I didn't disappoint, this was written over the course of one week 😅 Do let me know what you think about this story! PLEASE COMMENT🙏🏻