Prologue: How It Started

Eyes On Your Body [Discontinued]

  “But Mama, I don’t want to learn how to dance!” The little boy whined, crossing his arms over his chest and looking away childishly, a pout adorning his lips. His mother saw this and laughed, used to her son’s stubborn antics by then. She knelt down so that she was face to face with the five-year-old, smiling when she saw him back up a little.

 

 

  “Come on Myungsoo, you won’t know until you try, will you? Who knows, you may even grow to like it!” Myungsoo’s mother insisted, bracing herself when Myungsoo turned towards her, cheeks puffing out.

 

  “Dancing is for girls! I wanna play sports like all the other boys!” He exclaimed. Myungsoo’s mother sighed.

 

  “There will be many other guys there, it’s not like I'm making you do ballet. Besides, your father was a great dancer too,” she trailed off, though her words seemed to have gotten the attention of her child.

 

  “Papa used to dance?” Myungsoo asked in wonder, and his mother had to blink back the tears that had formed at the memory of her late husband. She nodded her head and thanked whoever that was watching over her that Myungsoo had finally uncrossed his arms, looking at her hesitantly.

 

  “W-well, if Papa danced, then maybe it won’t be so bad…” He murmured. His mother nodded enthusiastically, standing back up and extending her hand to let him hold him, guiding him into the class that she had already paid for.

 

  If Myungsoo had thought that dancing was something to be scorned at, he was proven very wrong as he walked past a group of students dancing enthusiastically to a song he had heard being played on the radio many times. It was certainly different from the dances he had seen of girls in pink frilly costumes frolicking around the stage. 

 

  Though he wanted to stay and continue watching, the hand pulling his forced him away from the scene, to a class where kids his age were moving clumsily to some music, following a lady that looked younger than his mother. When she caught sight of him and his mother, she paused the music and came running to them, waving.

 

  “You must be Myungsoo and Mrs Kim, is that right?” She asked, reaching a hand out to take Mrs Kim’s outstretched one, “My name is Ms Lee and I am the dance coach. It’s a pleasure to meet you!”

 

  Myungsoo nodded his head and looked around at all the others who were practicing by themselves. They were immensely different from the older kids he had seen when he had walked past. He frowned. He wanted to dance like them, not like how the other kids his age were doing. He wanted to look cool, not like a bunch of stumbling monkeys.

 

  “Why is everybody dancing so weirdly? Why can’t I dance with them instead?” Myungsoo asked, cutting into the two adults’ conversation while pointing towards the group of older kids who were high-fifing each other. Mrs Kim looked scandalized and was about to reprimand her son for being rude enough to interrupt a conversation and putting down his new classmates when Ms Lee laughed.

 

  “Why, that’s because they are still learning. Those kids are the best dancers of the school, but even they had started like how these other students are now. Since you are new, you have to start with the others first.” Ms Lee explained, tilting her head when Myungsoo bit his lip thoughtfully.

 

  “Then how do I become as good as them?” He asked. Ms Lee blinked. Never had a child been so passionate about wanting to be good at dancing.

 

  “Well, you practice. You practice even if you’re tired and you practice even if you’re not sure what you’re dancing for. You just practice and dance.” 

 

  The eyes that Myungsoo showed Ms Lee shocked her to the core, for never had she seen such determination from a five-year-old.

 

  “Then I will practice.”

 

-

 

  “It’s incredible! I’ve never seen another child with half as much talent as Myungsoo does!” Ms Lee rambled to Mrs Kim excitedly. Ms Lee stared proudly as the newest member of her class danced better than some of her longest students.

 

  This Myungsoo kid was going somewhere in life.

 

 

A/N: I said 2K words a chapter BUT THIS A PROLOGUE HAVE MERCYYYYYY. Let me know what you think of it! Hope it's not boring > <