6 | Behind the Scenes

Firetruck || MarkHyuck

A man walks past the many rooms lining the dimly lit hallway. His brunette hair outlines itself with a lighter shade of reddish-brown as he passes each room, each one omitting a kind of bluish-white colour.

He stops and looks into one room. The blood red light from within almost blinds him.

It takes him a few seconds to adjust to the harsh light inside the room. The people inside are busy as they sort out photographs. Although he couldn't see them, he already knew whose it was. Another man comes in sight, and his face has a smile too bright as he's waving around the picture of a boy in his early teenage years. The man peeping frowns disapprovingly, because he knew well that the situation they were in at the moment should be handled with an expression that showed absolutely nothing but solemnity. The boy in the photograph, on the other hand, had soft blonde hair, the kind you can't know your touching even though your fingers are clearly on it. His eyes disappeared as he showed off his humble and small smile.

"Sir!" The bright man is unable to hold in his excitement. The other men look at him with a combination of hopeful stares and annoyed grimaces.

"The body of this boy...it has been found!"

At that, the men murmur amongst each other, and a few of them follow the enthusiastic man out of the room. The brunette quickly move out of the way and enter the comfort of the shadows near his eavesdropping position in order to be out of their sight.

A sigh escapes his lips as he turns to leave. He looks down at his own hand, which held the same image of the blonde, young boy.

"We found you kid," the brunette says, his voice barely audible to only the ghosts around him.

*****

A preview dedicated to a character that has already been introduced. Guess who!