5 | New Class, New People

Firetruck || MarkHyuck

The hot dude who bumped into me ended up becoming my school tour guide. As much as he's handsome, his personality definitely wasn't. I mean, how the hell does he know my name?

That was the question whirling around my head. It dampened my nervousness, but sparked something alike panic. Was this guy a stalker? I'm not kidding right now, he called me by my name right after we left the Student Services building and I was nothing but stunned.

"Your name is next to your class number, dummy." I flinch uncontrollably at the guy's voice. Panic slowly started to bubble in me as I realised the fact that he can also-

"You can mind-read as well?!" I asked him, absolutely astonished and (slightly threatened) by his amazing psychic powers. The blondie rolled his eyes at me and opens the door to our classroom, and the sight of thirty pairs of eyes staring right at me silenced my voice.

I stand rooted to my spot for what seems like an eternity. The students, started leaning into one another to whisper things into each other's ears. Thankfully, I heard one of the girls call me cute. The class buzzed until Minhyung dude  stepped up and explained the situation to the still-confused teacher.

"Uh, this is the new student." I flinched (again) when he placed a hand on my back and gently pushed me forward. I almost tripped and fell on my face. 

"His name's Kim Donghyuck, from Busan. Please make him feel welcome."

Wait...how did he know where I'm from?

"Ah! Donghyuck is it? And of course, Mark! Our class will make little Dongie feel welcome, won't we?" Her eyes scrunch up in genuine happiness, but I cringe. I had started to feel a teeny bit comfortable until she called me Dongie.

"NAE DONG SAYA DAE!" Someone hollers from one of the benches located at the back of the class and I cringe harder.

Ugh, no not this. Please someone make him stop, I pray silently.

"Cut it out, jerks." Minhyung barks. "You look like what you're singing about. Or was that even singing?"

My jaw drops. I was right. He did have psychic powers.

The students who were listening in on the commotion made an ooooohhhh sound as the burn settled in on the boys' faces. One of them, probably the leader, looked as crimson as the Nike tick on his shoes.

"Hey! I-"

"Yeah, whatever Boohyun." The blondie took ahold of my hand and led us to two empty seats behind the rest of the students. I could hear the others murmuring amongst themselves, and I too blushed when I realised what they were looking at.

When we seated ourselves, the teacher stood exactly where she was when she greeted me. After a few awkward seconds, she cleared and introduced herself. As I had assumed the moment I first saw her, she was indeed new to the school, just like me. While she talked about herself and what the year ahead of us may be like, something warm and soft pressed itself against my palm.

When I look down, I realise that blondie here was still holding onto my hand.

Geez, dude. I'm not gonna run away.

***

Lunchtime rolled by sooner than I had expected. During the last hour, I was busy trying to breath amongst the work we had (and Minhyung, who sat too close to me and was too handsome for my own good). Being an year 12 at a prestigious school wasn't as difficult as they say.

It was harder.

But anyways, it's time to eat and I don't care anymore. Screw the grades.

I exited the classroom and searched for the only friend I had, which was indeed Blondie. But he was nowhere to be seen. Students brushed past me to some general direction, so I followed them. The sea of bodies led me to the cafeteria as I had suspected, and boy was it big. Though the place was huge, I had nowhere to sit.

"Ugh, where is that Blondie when I need him," I mutter under my breath as I search for him. All of a sudden, a hand grabs both my shoulders and steers me away. I almost drop my food as I struggle to keep my footing decent. My peripheral view of the cafeteria passes by in a hurry and I only see the strong hands on my shoulder and a few strange looks from the students around me. Finally I arrive at a bench tables with two people already seated on them.

I manage to give the guys in front of me a thankful smile, and they wave at me. They were about to introduce themselves but then the person behind me beat them to it.

"Sit," the familiar voice demands from behind me, and I obey immediately. Blondie left my back and sauntered to his seat. I sigh aloud. Jeez, he's such a creep sometimes.

He then pushes a tray piled up with food towards me. And the thing was, they were all my favourite dishes.

"I got you the foods you like. Now eat up." He says nonchalantly and he turns to his own food and starts to stuff them into his ginormous mouth.

Yeah, I take that back. He's a total creep.

"Don't worry about him. He's a bit strange." I turn to the general direction from which the new voice came from. The boy had soft, blonde hair that fell over his eyelashes, covering most of his forehead. His face looked like that of a five-year-old, but his height said otherwise.

"I'm Chenle by the way and this is Renjun, my older brother," the said boys extend their hand towards me, and I shake them both as hard as I could. My mum once told me that shaking hands with strength can show off my confidence even if I don't have any. They wince in pain, and I immediately regret doing it.

"I-I-m sorry." I stand up and bow till my waist's height. Renjun smiles wide and tells me it's okay when Minhyung stood up, grabbed my hand and pushed it down, making me sit again.

"Don't ever do that again, it's embarrassing." Minhyung says as he resumed stuffing his face. I look at him with a puzzled expression.

"You mean...apologising?"

"No," he twists the upper half of his body and gives me a wise stare, "being a ."

The other guys at the table make pfffttt sounds as they refrain from laughing. But I sit with the same confused face.

"...What's a ?" I ask, and the pfffts turn into the biggest fits of laughter I've witnessed in a long time.

Minhyung's guffawing simmers down to girly giggles as he tries to say something. "Something you'll never get," he replies after five years of chuckling. I roll my eyes at him as un-obviously as I could.

Whatever, I'll just google chrome it when I get back home.

*****

There you go, my dearest s.

So, what do y'all think??? Guess why Mark knows every single detail about little Dongie! Lol the guesses will be so fun to read.

And poor Dongie, he doesn't know the internet world as well as someone his age should. Donate your sympathy and save a life from major embarrassment today at shut.the..up.Mark.stop.ruining.Dongies.innocence.com