2 | The Fam

Firetruck || MarkHyuck

Evenings are the time for everyone to do whatever they want. Especially on weekends. Saturday, specifically.

On Sundays, fathers are doing their usual office paperworks. Mothers are cooking food for their children for the first day of the week. And then there are the teenagers starting on they're homework at about 11:58pm.

Of course, not all people are like that. I'm just stating what usually happens in the Lee family household.

"Mark."

The said boy, Mark, hummed in response to his mother's call. He swiped through his Instagram feed in search of cute girls with s and eyes the size of basketballs. Seeing that she wasn't getting the attention she needed, Mrs. Lee cleared .

Mark smirked at his phone when he finally found a girl that met his general criteria. Mrs. Lee suppressed her motherly impulse to slap the living lights out of her son.

"Lee. Minhyung." She said in a more silent, slightly menacing voice. Mark sprung to his feet at the sudden change in her voice (that could possibly mean near death but he didn't want to risk any chances).

"Yes mom. I'm here mom. Please don't hurt me." Mrs Lee sighed at her son.

"You won't ever learn will you." She said with her arms crossed. Mark groaned inwardly, not ready for another lecture from his mom.

"Mom if you're going to lecture me then do it tomorrow after school. I don't have time for anything right now." The seventeen-year-old rubbed at his suddenly tired eyes. "Besides, it's so late I want to go to sleep and-"

"Oh you're not going anywhere son." Mrs. Lee stood up as well, now face-to-chest with her son. Mark stepped back slightly, intimidated by his mother's stance. Though she was short and sometimes called 'cute' by their father, she is definitely someone to keep clear off when she's mad.

"Wh-what do you mean?" He stuttered, fearing the worst. The worst that could happen would be making him doing his entire holiday homework within that one night before the first day of school starts. Which is tomorrow to be frank.

Suddenly, an exhausted brunette stumbled into the living room. Mark thanked his elder brother (for the first time since a long time) for saving him from his mother's wrath. The brunette looked around the room, and spotted two figures.

The two figures being the 3-litre diet coke and a gigantic flask of coffee.

The elder brother ignored his family members and almost tripped over his own feet to get to the two drinks. Just as he was about to 'silently' head back to his room, Mrs. Lee stopped him in his tracks.

"Yah Lee Doyoung stop drinking these things at midnight it's bad for you." She said. The said boy, Doyoung, whipped his head to the annoyed woman's direction.

He stared at her for a few more seconds, and after realising that that woman is in fact the person who gave birth to him replied with, "I'm sorry mum I have to study," and walked right into his room, shutting the door behind him in a quite manner.

Mark glanced weirdly at his brother's retreating back. "What's up his ?" He asked. He quickly clamped his mouth shut when he realised that he's just sworn in front of his mom.

Surprisingly enough, his mother let him go this time.

"Whatever." She picked up her reading glasses from the kitchen counter nearby. "I'm going to sleep too. I'm done with all of you. Good night."

When she walked out of sight, Mark leaped in joy. Finally he's going to get some extra time. But his wishes disappeared into thin air when her face reappeared from the dark corners of the hallways.

"Go tell your siblings to go to sleep as well." She said before going away for real. Mark sighed before putting his phone back in his pocket. Plus it was midnight and he had school tomorrow, so it was better off trying to get some sleep anyway.

First visit was the room at the far end of the hallway. Mark knocked on the door, to which he got no response. He opened the door, letting the light and his shadow enter the dark room. Besides the name Yeri written on the walls in pink glow-in-the-dark paint, there was not a thing he could see in his twin sister's room.

As the designated annoying younger brother of the whole family, he can't just simply leave his sister to sleep peacefully now can he? Besides, she told their father about his conversations with ty girls online (to which Mr. Lee gave his son the 'grow up will you?' look). To answer the question, he stepped into the dark room quietly. Mark took out his phone and unlocked it, immediately going to his music library to pick the loudest possible song he owned. He put the volume up high.

"Nan kkaeeona kkaman bamgwa hamkke."

Yeri moved around her bed, unable to register the loud noises around her (directly in her ear to be precise). Mark restrained his vocal chords from bursting out from laughter as he watched his sister absent-mindedly put a finger in her nose. She had no idea that Mark had also decided to take out his other phone to record her regrettable actions.

"Nan bureul jilleo-"

The sixteen-year-old lowered the volume in fear of his brothers or his parents coming in. That's when Yeri decided to open her eyes.

"You know, playing Big Bang isn't going to make your life easy."

Yeri shifted in her bed to face a stunned Mark. She had the urge to laugh at his face, but he rubbed it off immediately so it was too late.

"How long were you awake for?" Mark picked himself from the floor and seated himself on the banks of the bed. Yeri murmured incomprehensible words as she yawning.

"Sorry I don't speak Idiot can you pleasd repeat that?" Mark asked in a sassy tone. Yeri shook her head at his lameness.

"I wasn't sleeping in the first place." She replied more clearly. At that, Mark's face started to sag with worry.

"Is it Jeno?" Mark couldn't keep the anger from the question. Yeri rolled her eyes, but couldn't help but smile at his concern.

"face, I'm fine. And no it's not him."

"I can tell that you're lying."

"You can't see my face."

"Oh so you're not denying it." Mark raised an eyebrow in success. He's got her cornered.

Though he wasn't as successful enough (nor able to see) the slap that came his way.

"Ow! What was that for?" He asked as he rubbed at his left cheek.

"Shut the hell up and get out." She said, and pulled up her blanket to cover her face. "And fyi I wasn't picking my nose a few minutes ago."

Mark decided to leave her alone for the night (or morning because it's past midnight but to the Lee family it's pretty much you're average 9 o'clock). He stepped out of Yeri's room and into the dimly lit hallway, heading for his second brother's room. As soon as he turned the knob and stepped in, he wished he had knocked.

Right in front of him was his raven - haired 18-year-old brother with his hands tightly clasped around his shaft. And by shaft, you're probably dirty - minded enough to know what I'm talking about. The younger watched with his mouth gaping as he stood witness to a string of moans coming out of his mouth with some dude's name caught in between.

Something along the lines of Taeyeol- Taemin - Taeyong...something like that. 

Mark exited the room instantly and headed for his bedroom, not wanting to know what his third brother is up to after such a sight.

Besides, school starts the next day. The moment he took off his shirt and laid down on his bed, a good feeling started to rise from the bottom of his heart. He decided to trust it, and went to dream land.

Hopefully, it'll be a good year this time.

*****

Small intro of the strange Lee family for y'all. Who do you think that raven-haired dude is?