Intro | Moving Out

Firetruck || MarkHyuck

It's Saturday morning, and Donghyuck is not sleeping in his warm, comfortable bed like he had planned.

It wasn't that cold nor was it that hot, but the sixteen-year-old still wanted to sleep and do nothing else for the rest of the school holidays. But now here he is, lugging around boxes full of his things that ranged from childhood antiques to latest study textbooks.

It's not his fault, of course, it's his dad's fault. 'Money-greedy' and 'annoying' was what he called him (in his head) a few minutes after his dad had burst into his room telling him to wake up.

That was about three hours ago. Exactly speaking, at 2:32am. Now, three hours after his dad had whipped the comforter off his tired body, Donghyuck is walking back and forth from his room to the pickup truck. Why? Because he's moving houses.

Apparently, Mr. Kim was called up at midnight by a prestigious mining company to tell him that he's recently secured a position as Principal Engineer. Like any father who's been struggling with bank loans, raising a teenage son, and mourning for his late wife, he accepted the job. But it came with a catch, which Donghyuck will soon find out later on.

After he's finished carrying all the little things from his room, that is.

Mr. Kim sighed as he watched his son walk at the utmost slowest pace. Because he too had a heavy load and was waiting behind him to move faster. So anyone would sigh at the sight, maybe even shout at him to hurry up.

"Yah! Kim Donghyuck stop walking slowly!" Donghyuck stopped at his tracks.

"Okay dad." With his back still facing the man struggling with the things he's carrying, he waited for more orders.

His father couldn't take it anymore. "What are you doing?"

"You told me to stop walking slowly."

"Yes I did!"

Donghyuck turned his head to face hin and gave him the most monotone expression.

"So I stopped walking."

Exasperated and tired of his son's bull, Mr. Kim decided to knock his son out of the way and speed-walked to the vehicle to unload his things before he dropped them. 

Donghyuck stayed at the foot of the five steps that lead to his beautiful house, still wanting to have no plans on doing more unloading duties. The sadness of leaving finally dawned on him, and he had the sudden urge to cry. But he can't cry now. He won't anyway.

Donghyuck lowered himself slowly and sat on the steps. He wasn't that tired. It's just that his mind is exhausted. And because of that exhaustion, the relationship between his father and him has turned out to become very awkward. It's like the more they start to talk to each other, the more likely they'll get into a feud, and the more bricks and cement is layed out between them. That space between them keeps widening and heightening, and neither are mentally strong enough to bulldoze that Great Wall of Awkward down.

When his mom was around, Donghyuck and his father were like best friends. They played pranks on each other, played pranks on his mother, and pretty much played pranks on everyone else. His mother stated that Donghyuck was born a prankster, because when he first entered the world in that operation theatre sixteen years ago, the midwife had originally mistaken him for a girl.

And of course, every prank comes with a price. Since that incident, his father occasionally came home from work with extremely embarrassing clothes meant for girls. Once when Donghyuck asked why his dad kept buying these useless things, he replied saying it was for his 'one and only daughter'.

Good times they were, Donghyuck smiled sadly at the thought. Looking back at the already dusty front door knob, all he wished for was to go back in time.

To stop them from moving out. To stop him from leaving the place he loves the most.

Just one more day, he'd love to spend it here, with his mother.

*****

Y'all my laptop is busted again and I just made a book cover with my phone.

I'm a new MarkHyuck shipper and my feels for it is so powerful and so, I decided to make a book with this ship. I love them so much urgh where do these feelings come from seriously.

But yeah hope you enjoyed that intro. Please keep voting and giving love to its future updates!