Chapter 2

Collection of SNSD One-shots

The one that got away (Part 2) 

 

 


 

Jessica chewed her food slowly while watching a very stressful Tiffany who was trying to calm her hyperactive daughter down. “Yoona! Sit down!” Tiffany growled while trying to make Yoona sit on the baby chair. They were meeting up for lunch once again, they’ve always had a meal together once in a while so Tiffany and Jessica could catch up on each other’s life.

“Noh!” Yoona shook her head left and right and while attempting to kick her mother’s face.

“Wanna sit with Aunty Jessica?” Jessica stretched out both her hands, Yoona looked at Jessica’s outstretched hands , turned to look at her enraged mother and yelled out “YESH” lifting her arms in the process. Jessica placed Yoona on her lap and smirked at Tiffany. “She listens to me eh?”

“She likes ugly people.” Tiffany nonchalantly replied and took a bite of her salad.

“Is Aunty Jessica ugly?” Jessica stared at Yoona.

“Food?” Yoona stared back at Jessica.

“Yeah, I’ll give you food but you have to answer my question first.”

“Noh.”

“Is umma ugly?”

“Food?”

“Sure.”

“Yesh!”

“Smart girl” Jessica smiled and fed Yoona some of her spaghetti while Tiffany glared at the two girls. “Chill..” Jessica grinned at the angry Tiffany who was brutally stabbing her salad with the fork.

“Sheeeel.”

“Chiil.” Jessica repeated.

“Sheel.”

“CHILLL”

“SHEEEELLL”

“SHUT UP.”

 Jessica pretended to zip shut while Yoona giggled at her mom. “If you asked me to eat dinner with you and you insult me with my own daughter then you shouldn’t have asked me out at all.” Tiffany hissed.

Jessica stared at Tiffany with a blank look on her face. “I like cookies , do you like cookies?” Jessica smiled and looked at Yoona. “Yesh!” Yoona giggled.

“Excuse me?” Tiffany sputtered.

“You’re excused.”

“Jung Sooyeon.”

“Fineeee. How’s life?” Jessica placed her chin on the table and looked at Tiffany with a bored look on her face. “It’s good.” Tiffany smiled.

“Noh..”

“What do you mean by no?” Jessica patted Yoona’s head.

“Noh Gwod.”

“Really?”

“Mmm” Yoona nodded her head with her eyes closed.

“She’s just kidding.” Tiffany smiled.

“Sure she is.” Jessica looked at the slightly fidgeting Tiffany and her eyes trailed to Tiffanys attire. “Why are you wearing a sweater?” Jessica raised a brow. “Oh, I get cold..” Tiffany rubbed her hands together.

 “It’s summer.”

“It’s fashionable..”

“Quit giving excuses and spit it out.” Jessica growled. “Oooooo” Yoona mouth was in an ‘O’ shape. “I’m not giving excuses okay.” Tiffany let out a frustrated sigh.

“Do you trust me?”

“Don’t use the trust card on m-“

“Do. You. Trust. Me”

“Yes..”

“Then tell me..”

“Somewhere more private please?” Tiffany gestured to the two ahjumma’s trying to eavesdrop on them.

“Fine with me.” Jessica signalled the waitress to give them the check.

 

“Thanks” Jessica muttered while accepting the cup of tea from Tiffany, Yoona was in her room taking her afternoon nap while Taecyeon was at work.

“Why have you been eating so weird these days.” Jessica sighed and placed her cup of tea onto the coffee table. “You’ve noticed?” Tiffany bit her lower lip.

“Well duh.”

“Taecyeon and I haven’t been on good terms lately and..”

“So he like hit you and all.”

“N-n-no, I mean-“

“Save it. The Tiffany I know would never wear that.” Jessica gestured to Tiffany’s outfit that was covering almost her whole body. “Come here.” Jessica opened her arms and Tiffany immediately crawled into her arms. Jessica rolled up Tiffany’s sweater sleeve and frowned when she saw the bruises on Tiffany’s arm.

“When did it start, Fany-ah?” Jessica Tiffany’s hair softly.  “A few weeks ago..” Tiffany whimpered. “You should tell me about these things. I’m your best friend.” Jessica frowned. “I didn’t want to burden you..” Tiffany sighed softly. Jessica unconsciously smiled. “You care about other people more than you care about yourself, that’s good at times, but not in this situation.”

“What should I do Jessi.”

“Well, do you love him anymore?”

“N-not really.”

“Divorce?”

“I don’t Yoona to live without a dad..”

“He’s barely home, what ‘dad’ are you talking about?”

“I just..”

Jessica’s phone alarm rang and she got up from the sofa after she saw the time. “I need to go now, but if there’s anything, ANYTHING AT ALL, my door is always open for you, alright?”.

“Okay, thanks Jessi” Tiffany smiled half-heartedly.

“Anytime” Jessica winked and made her way to the door.

 

Jessica groaned as she heard her door bell ringing, she checked the clock and the time read ‘1.29am’. “Who comes so late” She rubbed her eyes and trudged to the door. Jessica eyes widened when she opened the door and found a very scared Tiffany holding a equally scared Yoona in her arms. “Come in.” Jessica brought them to her living room.

Jessica gasped softly when she saw Tiffany’s state, her hair was in a mess, her arms were ever more bruised, her lower lip had a cut and it was slightly bleeding. “What. Happened.” Jessica gritted her teeth as she took a crying Yoona into her arms.

“Let Yoonie sleep first..” Tiffany said softly. Jessica nodded and brought Yoona to her room.

 

“So what happened.” Jessica whispered softly. They were lying on the bed with Yoona sleeping next to them.

“Same old. Same old.”

“Elaborate.”

“He came home drunk, lost control, tried to hit Yoona and I protected her...I came here after he passed out in the kitchen and that’s about it.”

Jessica sighed. “Get some rest alright?”. Tiffany nodded and fell asleep almost immediately. Jessica looked at the two sleeping figures and slowly crept out from the room. “You’re lucky I still love you Mi young.” Jessica muttered as she made a call.

“Hello, Sunny? Sorry for calling so late but..”

The morning after Jessica made the call to Sunny, Taecyeon was arrested for abusive behaviour by the police . Sunny’s girlfriend, Sooyoung managed to retrieve some tapes of Taecyeon hitting Tiffany and sent them to the police, the divorce papers were being finalized and Taecyeon was in jail. Everything was going just fine.

Jessica had asked Tiffany to be her girlfriend once again and Tiffany gladly accepted. Tiffany and Yoona moved in with Jessica a week after Taecyeon got arrested.

 

-5 months later-

Tiffany sighed in happiness as she stared lovingly into Jessica’s eyes. “Thank you Jessi” she smiled and snuggled closer to Jessica. “Like I always say, anytime” Jessica smiled and hugged Tiffany. “Sorry for doubting your love..last time..” Tiffany sighed. “As long as we’re together now I’m happy.” Jessica giggled.

“UMMAAAA” Yoona’s screaming was heard from her room.

“Well, Goodnight.” Jessica turned to face the other side.

“No, goodnight to you, It’s your turn to tell her a bedtime story tonight.” Tiffany giggled.

“Female hitler.” Jessica muttered as she climbed out of bed.

 

A/N:  I felt bad for writing a sad jeti shot too readers D:  So here's a part 2 for you guys! It's like 1.48 am right now and I'm going to sleep, keke. Merry Christmas everyone! *soosica shot next* :3