Chapter 1

Collection of SNSD One-shots

The one that got away.

 

Jessica stared out the window with a blank look on her face, showing no emotion at all. Sooyoung stared at her best friend worriedly. “Are you going?”Jessica asked as she threw Sooyoung an envelope, Sooyoung pulled a white card from the envelope and started reading.

You are cordially invited to celebrate the wedding of

Tiffany Hwang Mi Young

and

Ok Taecyeon

On Saturday morning

July the 28th

At 8 o’ clock

At New Life’s church

Followed by a reception.

“She’s getting married?” Sooyoung stared in disbelief. “She barely talked to you since the break-up and all of a sudden she bloody sends this.. this wedding invitation? Is she out of her mind?” Sooyoung growled. Jessica gave no response as she continued to stare out the window.

“Are you going?”

“I.. honestly don’t know...”

 

“Jessi!” Jessica forced a small smile as she returned the brunette’s hug. “So how’s life?” Tiffany smiled as they sat in a booth near the window. Tiffany had called her last week and asked her out for dinner and she had blindly said yes without hesitating. So now here they were in the café where they used to have dates all the time.

“Of all places..”  Jessica stared at the cafe, nothing much has changed since she had last been here, the friendly ahjumma was still the chef of the café, same old layout, same old everything. Well except some new staffs.The last time was when they were still together, happily together she might add.

“Um, Jessica?” Jessica snapped out from her daydream and looked the menu trying not to make eye contact with the eye smiling girl. “Y-y-eah?” Jessica stuttered.

“Smooth Jessica, 10 points from Gryffindor! Wait..10 points? What i’m i even..”

Jessica’s thoughts got interrupted from Tiffany’s giggling.” Still as cute as ever eh Jessi?” Tiffany smiled showing her pearly white teeth.

Jessica ignored her and raised her hand, indicating she wanted a waitress to come over and take their orders. “And colder now..” Tiffany sighed as she rested her chin on her hand.

“I’ll have a grilled cheese sandwich and a banana milkshake.” Jessica passed the menu back to the waitress. “I’ll have what she ordered but make it a strawberry milkshake. “ Tiffany smiled.

-Flashback-

“Wow, everything’s so pretty from up here Jessi!” Tiffany squealed in delight as she stared at the city of Seoul from inside the Ferris wheel. “Jessi?” Tiffany smiled when she saw her girlfriend gripping tightly onto the door of the Ferris wheel with her eyes shut tightly while mumbling “I’m going to be okay” repeatedly.

“Jessii”*poke* “Yoo-hooo” *poke* “Cucumber!” *poke*

“Cucumbers don’t fly!”

Tiffany sat down next to Jessica . “I’m right here you know.” Jessica’s arm immediately wrapped itself around Tiffany’s waist pulling her closer.”Open your eyes” Tiffany poked Jessica on her cheek.

Jessica opened one eye slightly.

“Jessiii”

Eye opens a little bigger.

“Jessica.”

One eye opens.

“Jessica. Jung”

Both eyes open as wide as possible and stared at Tiffany. “Yah” Tiffany giggled as she snuggled closer to Jessica. The both sat in silence enjoying the view. “Fany, look at tha-“ Jessica smiled when she saw Tiffany asleep, her head leaning on Jessica’s shoulder.

-Flashback ends-

Jessica looked away from the window when she heard someone approaching. “Your food, ladies. ”The waitress smiled as she placed the plates of sandwiches onto the table. “Thanks” Jessica mumbled quickly and took a huge bite out of her sandwich. “I take you’re hungry?” Tiffany sipped on her strawberry milkshake.

“When did that get here?” Jessica stared at the strawberry milkshake.

“When you were staring out of the window for approximately 10 minutes. ”

“Oh..”

“Stressed with work?”

“Yeah..”

“So..Can you come?”

“For?”

“My wedding..”

“Ahh, I’m not too sure.”

“Please? I’d be really grateful if you did.”

“SHE’S PULLING THE ‘FOR ME’ CARD OUT DAMMIT.”

“I’ll come then.”

“Thank you Jessi” Tiffany smiled and continued eating her lunch. The awkward silence continued for a long time as the two continued to eat , the silence only broke when Tiffany’s phone rang. “Hello jagiyaa” she giggled cutely.

“KILL.ME.NAO”

“Got to go, work related.” Jessica mouthed and slipped a few bills onto the table before dashing out from the café.

 

 

“I should’ve just said no..” Jessica mumbled as she walked into the city park. “Cookie! Stwwoppp” A five year old yelled while chasing her dog. Jessica smiled sadly.

-Flashback-

“Fanyyy, I’m homeee!” Jessica waited for the usual hugs and kisses she gets when she’s home. “Kisses..” Jessica pouted. “FANYYYY” Jessica searched all the rooms only to find her girlfriend inside the store room.

“What are you doing in here?”

“Spring cleaning?”

“It’s winter.”

“Winter cleaning?”

“I can never fight with you.” Jessica walked towards Tiffany.

“DON’T COME ANY CLOSER!”

“Why?” One step forward.

“I’m um super smelly and dirty.”

“I don’t mind” Another step closer.

“Stay still.”

“Nahh” One more step.

“I’m warning you.”

“Not scare- AIYEEEEE” Jessica jumped onto the closet shelf and clung onto it like a koala.

“WHAT’S WRONG”

“SOMETHING WET. MY FOOT. GROSS”

“Oh, that’s Fluffy.”

“What’s a fluffy” Jessica glared.

“Our new puppy?”

“PUPPY?!?!?”

“Yeah, a baby dog.”

“I KNOW WHAT A PUPPY IS.”

“Then why’d you ask?”

“Why. Is. It. Here.”

 Tiffany sighed. “I found it in the street, and it looked so lonely, and I was lonely so why not like keep it you know..”

“You have me, you’re not lonely.”

“Pweeassseee can we keep it?”

“No. Pick that thing up and get it out of here.” Jessica walked out of the room. “Jessi..” Jessica froze at that voice.

“No no no please no no no”

Jessica slowly turned around and saw a teary-eyed Tiffany staring at her, puppy in hand. Jessica looked at Tiffany then at the puppy, it looked around 6 months old and it looked like a zu. “Can she stay? Please? Fluffy’s a really good girl..”

“I..”

A pout.

“Um..”

A pair of puppy eyes staring at her.

“Fine.” Jessica sighed.

“YAYY, YOU’RE STAYINGG” Tiffany hugged the puppy tightly and the dog tried to wriggle out from her grasp, trying to breathe. Jessica chuckled.

“You don’t know what you just got yourself into..”  She grinned at the puppy.

-Flashback ends-

“Still like sleeping huh” Jessica woke up and saw Tiffany’s face above hers. Jessica yawned and tried to sit up. “Stay.” Tiffany pulled Jessica’s head back onto her lap.

“No harm enjoying the moment I guess..”  Jessica closed her eyes and relaxed to Tiffany’s touch, letting the brown haired girl her bangs softly. Slowly, she drifted off to yet another daydream.

-Flashback-

“You have to sleep outside tonight.” Jessica smiled when she saw Tiffany talking to her teddy bear.

“Why does my teddy bear have to sleep outside?”

Tiffany ignored her and continued “I’m cuddling with Jessi tonight, You sleep outside Mr. teddy bear” Tiffany walked out of their room to place the teddy bear on the sofa outside. “She’s really once of a kind.” Jessica followed Tiffany out.

-Flashback ends-

“You alright? ” Jessica opened her eyes and saw Tiffany’s staring at her.

“I don’t know..”

“You’ve been spacing out a lot..”

“I guess..” Jessica bit her lower lip and sat up.

“I know you Jessi..” Jessica flinched at the old nickname. Tiffany disregarded it and continued “You were thinking of our past relationship I presume?”

“You presumed correctly.” Jessica muttered and looked away. “Why do you even want me to go.. I mean.. what’s the difference I don’t go..”.

“It’ll mean a lot to me Jessi. I’ll give you time to decide whether you want to come or not but I really hope you can come, alright? Anyway, I got to go Taecyeon’s waiting for me.” Tiffany squeezed Jessica’s hand softly before walking away.

“I’m such a er.” Jessica stared at Tiffany’s back as she walked away.

-Flashback-

“Fany, I’m homeeee.” Jessica smiled as she kissed Tiffany on the cheek.

“Um, We gotta talk.” Tiffany moved her face away from Jessica’s lips.

“Why’re you so serious all of a sudden?”

“Let’s break up.” Tiffany said bluntly. Jessica’s eyes widened in shock.

“Wait..wha?”

“I don’t think this is working out and..”

“What do you mean it’s not working out? I love you and you love me just as much..Right?”

“I don’t know Jessi, I just don’t feel it anymore..” Tiffany sighed.”

Jessica grip on the ring that was hiding in her palm tightened.

-Flashback ends-

“You just don’t feel it anymore huh..” Jessica played with the ring in her hand. “And of all days too...”

 

Author's note:

I was inspired to write this by Katy Perry's song 'The one that got away'. I cried when i watched the mv. Sorry if this one-shot is crappy. I at angst. but i hope you all enjoy it :D