Outed

A Small Moment

The kiss was something Yoongi had imagined a million times over. Sometimes softer, sometimes more intense. All his expectations had been wrong.

Kissing Hoseok was like being burned from the inside out. His warm essence enveloped you. Yoongi felt it surge through him in the few short seconds the kiss took place, and now he felt empty and cold without it.

The elevator doors had opened, and Hoseok pulled away first. He and Yoongi had stared at each other briefly, evaluating and reality-checking.

Now they were heading back to their room, and the tension in the air was real. It wasn't awkward or uncomfortable. It was curiosity mixed with uncertainty mixed with passion. 

Yoongi typed in the key code this time and let himself in, Hoseok following behind him. 

Yoongi bee-lined to the small fridge tucked away in the corner of the room and downed a bottle of water while Hoseok climbed onto his own bed and sat with his legs crossed. Yoongi tossed them empty bottle into the waste bin. He turned then, and leaned against the waist-high shelf that took up the whole front wall of the room and focused on Hoseok.

Yoongi let out a small smirk. "What gave me away?"

Hoseok tried to hide his smile. "I think I've just been around you too long. I always kind of had a feeling about your feelings, but I could tell something had changed these last few days. Not to mention the look on your face when Jin asked me to change rooms with him."

Yoongi looked down, hiding the smile and blush that was forming across his cheeks.

"I actually asked Jin to switch with me."

Yoongi snapped his head back up. "What?"

"I told him I wanted to spend some time with you, discreetly. So I asked him to ask me to switch."

Yoongi's brow furrowed down. "Isn't that a little obvious?"

Hoseok's face softened into warm smile, his eyes light. "You're a little obvious. He wasn't exactly surprised."

Yoongi felt a little queasy. He walked over and sat on the edge of his bed, facing Hoseok. "Okay... so both Jin and Jimin know. We should talk to them, ask them to keep it to their selves."

"Everyone knows, Hyung. All of them." 

"What do you mean they know? They can't know. I've never even hinted at it."

"...If you've been acting like you didn't have feelings for me, I recommend staying in the music industry."

Yoongi threw a small decorative pillow that soared past Hoseok's head. Hoseok laughed at Yoongi's failed assault with a smile full of teeth.

"They don't care, Hyung. They think you're sweet. They think we're sweet."

Yoongi looked down, full of guilt. "But... I don't want to ruin anything. We're supposed to be brothers. All of us."

Hoseok stood, and took a few steps towards Yoongi to close the gap between them. He dropped down to one knee in front of Yoongi, just below eye level. He placed one gentle hand on Yoongi's knee and the other on his cheek. "We are brothers. We all still care about each other. You and I... just care deeply. In more than one way. I still want to be like your best friend, Hyung. I just so happen to find you exquisitely attractive at the same time."

Yoongi's face was hot, and he smiled a crinkled smile at Hoseok. "You're a goof. The definition of a goof."

Hoseok returned the smile, shrugging his shoulders. "I'm a good goof." 

They spent the next half hour working on their laptops when eventually Hoseok gestured for Yoongi to join him. It wasn't completely out of the question. They had laid in the same bed together multiple times in the past. All of the members had, in various housing situations. But there was definitely some hesitation this time as Yoongi picked up his laptop and made his way over to Hoseok.

They spent the next hour, lying side by side, watching a reality show on Hoseok's laptop. At one point, Yoongi stretched his arm over Hoseok's chest and drew him close, his head resting on his shoulder.

Yoongi smiled, as he plotted another attempt of falling asleep next to Hoseok.