Completely Normal

A Small Moment

Stop it. Why are you like this? Just act natural.

Yoongi was severely in his own head. Essentially melting on the inside but acting cool on the outside. In most scenarios he didn't feel like such a nervous wreck around Hoseok. They'd been members for years now and were as close as brothers, but this was different. Sharing a room? That was a lot of pressure. Instead of focusing on not saying something stupid, he was planning on how to rectify the situation when he inevitably would say something stupid.

They had just branched off from the other members in the long hotel hallway that lead to their rooms. Hoseok was typing in the door's passcode and Yoongi was wiping his palms on his jeans.

It's whatever. It's not even a big deal. Just... be casual. You'll seem a thousand times more appealing if you just act normal. 

Why was he even trying to seem appealing? 

Yoongi had accepted this fate as soon as his feelings had started to develop. There's no way he and Hoseok could ever be a thing. It would hinder not only their friendship, but the group as a whole. He'd never ruin this just for his own selfish reasons. Delusional reasons. 

Hoseok entered the room and Yoongi followed behind, staring at the back of his head.

Hoseok claimed the bed closest to the window, and Yoongi set his belongings down next to the bed closest to the door. He fell onto his back, staring at the ceiling, and in a huge breath. He wasn't sure how long he'd hold it. Maybe forever. Forever would probably be best. 

"Still feeling sick, Hyung?" Hoseok was sitting cross leg on his bed, his head turned slightly to one side in curiosity.

Yoongi turned over onto his side and watered down his huge grin into a weak smirk. "No, I'm fine now. Planes... just wear me out."

Hoseok nodded. "I feel you. I could take a nap." He fell back onto his bed. "I couldn't sleep on the plane at all."

Yoongi felt the blood rush to his face. Was that his fault?

Hoseok sat up quickly, a smile filing his face. "But that'll have to wait! It's time for food. Are you up for eating?"

"Uhhh... yeah. I could definitely eat."

Hoseok stood and smiled down at Yoongi. He held out his hand and bent slightly at his waist. "Shall we?"

Yoongi smirked, beating down the eagerness that was threatening to bubble out of him. He rolled his eyes and took Hoseok's hand.

"We shall."