A Moment On The Plane

A Small Moment

"Hyung, I think you should sleep the rest of the way if you're going to be this fussy."

Yoongi frowned at him and pulled his sock hat down further to where it almost covered his eyes and went back to adjusting his blanket.

They had been on the plane for 6 hours and still had about 10 more to suffer through. Hoseok had been keeping Yoongi distracted this long, but his discomfort was growing and he could feel his inner-grouch coming out.

Hoseok reach over their arm rests and gave Yoongi's knee a comforting pat through his blanket and offered him a warm smile. 

Yoongi didn't understand. How could he himself be such a reserved and cold person and bond so easily with Hoseok? Hoseok was nothing but warmth and light, and Yoongi could spend all his time basking in it. Hoseok made Yoongi forget the stress, pressure, and all the bad that's happened to him in the past and everything bad that could happen in the future. He made him think of only here and now, in this space with him. Even on this overcrowded, cold and loud plane, Yoongi couldn't be happier. 

"Do you want me to try to find some food for you?" Hoseok offered, turning to stand up.

"No!" Yoongi reached for his hand to stop him from leaving him. Hoseok turned, surprised at Yoongi's sudden touch.

Yoongi quickly let go and pulled the sides of his hat down to try and hide the blush that was deceiving him. "I feeling a bit... air sick. I don't want any food." That was a lie. Yoongi could definitely go for some food, but he didn't want to feel any colder on this already-freezing plane.

Hoseok turned back to him and nodded. With a smile, he said, "Well, hopefully you have your appetite back by the time we land in America. Don't you want to eat lots of American food?"

Yoongi nodded with a slight smile and subtly scooted closer to him. "I'll do you a favor and try to sleep. I'll be in a better mood when we land." He angled his head towards Hoseok and closed his eyes. He hoped his head would fall near, or even on, Hoseok's shoulder. Nothing would make him happier than waking up there.