Chapter Seven (New)

The University
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Seven-

 

Yoosun found herself nervously facing Yixing as she sat on the cot and he sat on a chair across from her. The nurse’s room was small and had only enough rooms for three students at once, separated by hanging white curtains. The room’s floor was white tiles and the walls an off-white paint, giving the overall feel of the room to be very sanitary. The only window in Yoosun’s section didn’t provide much to look at given that it was placed high up on the wall, leaving her with the only option to sit in awkward silence with Yixing as they waited for the nurse to come back with the supplies.

She played with her necklace as she listened to the clock near the door tock and bit her lip. What is taking the nurse so long? And why does Yixing insist on waiting with me even though I only have a small cut on my stomach? She was looking anxiously towards the place the nurse disappeared to when Yixing cleared his throat and her gaze was suddenly on him.

“You know,” he started, looking unsure of himself and avoiding looking at her. “I hope that you don’t hold this over Luhan or Joonmyun. They both usually have great control over their thirst. It must just be something like the quality of blood the school is giving them isn’t all that great at the moment.”

Yoosun tilted her head to the side in confusion. “There’s different quality of blood?”

This time he did look at her, his eyes widening slightly to match her own confused expression. “Yes. It’s kind of related to the purity of the humanoid. Humanoids that are purer in nature taste sweeter than those less pure. Like me and Kyungsoo for example, there really isn’t any room for argument on whether a unicorn is purer than a demon, therefor it goes to say that my blood is sweeter than his though I’d rather not test that.” He shuddered at the end, imagining the fangs digging into his throat.

Before Yoosun could process that Yixing just called himself a unicorn the nurse walked in, pushing the curtain out of him way. He was a tall man, young looking but definitely around double Yoosun’s age. Yoosun let out a breath of release that the awkward moment between her and Yixing was interrupted. “Professor Shin,” she called out to him. She knew that he was a professor and not just a nurse since he was also her mental care essentials teacher.

Professor Shin nodded at her and then looked towards Yixing. “If you would Mr. Zhang, I would like to wrap up the wound on her stomach now.” Yixing nodded in agreement and stayed seated on his chair which caused Professor Shin to grimace. “I mean to get out Mr. Zhang as Ms. Cho here will have to take off her shirt for me to dress the wound.”

At that the clueless Yixing blushed a vibrant red and almost tripped over his own two feet as he stood up from the chair and excused himself. He did, however, shoot a look at Yoosun before he closed the door behind him, blushing even more if that was possible.

Yoosun found herself lost in her thoughts as Professor Shin wrapped the bandage around her waist. So there’s a quality to the blood that depends on the Humanoid? Is that why Joonmyun and Luhan are so affected by my blood? If that’s the case then what am I? Aren’t unicorns supposed to be the purist of all creatures? But then why can they ignore Yixing’s scent but not mine?

“Ms. Cho?”

“I’m sorry, what?” Yoosun asked in surprise as she looked up at Professor Shin.

He smiled lightly down on her. “I asked if you were feeling any better. Not dizzy or anything are you?”

Shaking her head Yoosun replied, “No I’m not. I feel fine besides a dull pain around the wound.”

Professor Shin walked away from her and went towards his desk. He came back with a clipboard. Without looking up from his clipboard as he wrote something down on it, he said, “You know, you’re lucky that you have even that low amount of Humanoid blood in you. If you didn’t have that small amount of Humanoid blood then you wouldn’t have the fast healing ability that we do and you probably would’ve died. Though, if you had more Humanoid blood in you then you might not have even needed to come see me.”

Yoosun stared up at him with wide eyes. “Do you… know?” she asked hesitantly, her voice coming out close to a whisper. She knew that Joonmyun and Yifan, as well as Rin and Eunmi, knew about her rank, but she didn’t expect anyone else to. It scared her, to know that more people knew about her.

“Of course I do,” Professor Shin said with a friendly smile as he ruffled her hair. “I’m the school’s nurse, I know all the medical things about all of our students here.”

“Ah,” Yoosun mumbled, looking towards the floor as the blush ran across her cheeks. Idiot, of course he knows.

“Though I will tell you.” Yoosun looked back up to meet Professor Shin’s now dark and serious eyes. “A few people who saw what happened today might suspect something because you didn’t heal as fast as most of the Humanoids here do. Besides that, there will also be those who are curious about what type of Humanoid you are considering Mr. Kim and Mr. Lu’s reaction to your blood. Be careful from here on out Ms. Cho, those who were friendly with you may now not be so friendly, and those who were off putting might now be friendlier.”

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “I don’t understand.”

Professor Shin’s friendly demeanor came back as he ruffled her head once again. “Don’t worry so much. Be yourself and everything will probably work out for you. You may go now Ms. Cho.”

Yoosun stood up and walked towards the door after thanking the nurse. When she got to the door however she paused. Turning back around she found that Professor Shin now sitting at his desk, seemingly immerged in paperwork. “Excuse me,” she said nervously, biting her lip and fiddling with her necklace.

“Hmm?” he hummed out in response.

Taking in a deep breath and letting it out, Yoosun steadied herself and asked, “Do you know what type of Humanoid I am?”

This made Professor Shin look up at her, his serious face back. “You may go Ms. Cho.”

“Ah! Ok!” she squeaked out and almost ran out of the door.

When the door behind her Professor Shin let out a sigh, rubbing the bridge of his nose between his fingers. “It would be better if you never found out what you are Yoosun.”

“You might be right.”

Professor Shin looked up, surprised, to find a light skinned man in a completely white suit standing against the opposite wall and looking towards the door. “Dean,” Professor Shin mumbled, standing up from his chair.

The Dean motioned for the professor to sit back down, which he did. “But you may be wrong as well Changmin,” the Dean said, his voice almost dangerously low as he continued to look towards the door. “She could just be in more danger if she doesn’t know.”

“Is that why you invited her here?” Professor Shin asked.

This caused the Dean to look towards him, a smirk forming on his face. “Why I brought her here is none of your concern. All you have to do is make sure that she doesn’t get killed.”

Professor Shin gulped. “Yes sir.”

The Dean nodded his head sharply, casting one last glance at the door before he disappeared into the white mist that suddenly appeared.

 

}{)(}{)(}{)(}{)(}{)(}{

 

“What the hell happened to you?!” Rin hissed out as she looked over Yoosun. By the time Yoosun had left the nurse’s office it was time for lunch, and even though she didn’t really want to face anyone right now her stomach had other plans. Which was why she was now sitting across from Rin in the cafeteria with Eunmi on Rin’s left. “You look like a train wreck!”

Yoosun rolled her eyes. “Thanks.”

“Here,” Eunmi said softly as she held out a brush to Yoosun who gladly took it and brushed the tangles out of her hair. “So what happened?”

Letting out a sigh Yoosun explained briefly about what happened during her specialized class, which just cause Rin and Eunmi to grow more concerned and they started fussing over her. Yoosun kept reassuring them that she was fine and didn’t realize the presence that appeared behind her until Rin looked over her shoulder and let out a low growl.

“Hey,” a soft and weary voice called out from behind her. Yoosun turned around just to tilt her head up to see Joonmyun standing behind her. He was avoiding meeting her eyes and was rubbing the back of his neck, the face mask from the day she first met him back on his face. “You alright?” he asked her, looking over her but still avoiding making eye contact.

“Why the hell do you care?!” Rin hissed out, causing Joonmyun to look at her, flustered.

As he was stumbling for his words he accidently made eye contact with Yoosun. Fear shot through her spine as she saw that there was still a red tint in his eyes. Noticing her fearful eyes Joonmyun tsked and turned around, walking away from them as he called out, “Make sure you rest well Yoosun. I’ll see you… later.”

“Like we’ll let you near her again!” Rin shouted out towards him, raising her fist into the air.

“Rin!” Eunmi scolded her.

Yoosun ignored her roommates as she stared after Joonmyun, noticing his slumped shoulders and his turned downed head, his hands tucked into his pants’ pockets.

Joonmyun.

“Don’t worry so much about him. He’ll get over it eventually,” a deep and smooth voice called out from next to her. Yoosun turned sharply around in her seat to be met with the chiseled face of vice-president Wu Yifan. He smirked down at her, his eyes glancing her over.

“What do you want you big lizard?!”

“Rin I swear, for the last time!”

Yifan rolled his eyes at Yoosun’s roommates. “Oh it’s you two. The witch and her little pet.”

Rin’s eyes blazed in anger. “Who are you calling a little pet?!”

“Oh my god Rin!” Eunmi lost it and finally shoved Rin rather harshly. Rin g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter