Chapter Four

The University
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Four-

 

The next three days flew by to Yoosun. She spent all day in her dorm room except for when she went to the cafeteria with Rin and Eunmi. She read books to pass the time, Eunmi’s books to be exact. She had found that she hadn’t wanted to reread any of her books so she settled on reading her roommates. She had read mystery book that had taken a day and a half, and then another book that was a biography on Einstien who had apparently worked alongside and even knew about Humanoids even though he was human. Reading that book made Yoosun rethink about all the history she had learned in school and wonder about what the real history was.

Although Yoosun was fine with just being in the room, Eunmi and Rin were torn about it. On one hand they liked that she was staying out of trouble and not running into any of the people in her specialized class that way, but on the other hand they wanted her to explore the campus and get fresh air. They both knew she wasn’t used to their world yet and they wanted her to become accustomed to it quickly. However, they let her do what she wanted and left the room occasionally to do their own things but always remembered to go back to the room to collect Yoosun for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

On Sunday, the last day before classes started, Yoosun found herself being forcefully dragged out of the room, curtesy of Rin.

“Where are you taking me? We’ve already had breakfast and it’s not time for lunch yet,” Yoosun whined as she found her wrist once again in pain because of Rin.

Rin grinned back at her. “You’ll see. We’ll met up with Eunmi when we get there.”

Yoosun decided it would be best not to push Rin any further and instead focused on their surroundings as they walked. They were walking around the main building to the grounds in the back. Yoosun hadn’t been there before since it had been blocked of by the school, but now it was open and they were able to go around the main building. Behind was a giant field surrounded at the edges by the forest. There was a large stage set up in the middle of the field that Yoosun was surprised that she had never noticed before but then figured that it must’ve been hidden behind the main building. In front of the stage were several folding chairs and most of them had already been filled with giggling and whispering students. Although there was nothing set up on the stage itself Yoosun knew that there was a huge event going on.

“What’s all this for?” she asked in awe as she looked around some more. There were small stands a few feet away from the stage that filled the air with many scents such as popcorn and caramel. The stands were manned by the student body and had signs advertising several of what appeared to be school clubs. Some on the signs named clubs such as soccer, cooking, baking, and even knitting. “I didn’t know the school had clubs.”

“It doesn’t,” a voice called out in response. Yoosun looked over her shoulder to see that Eunmi had caught up with them. “Those are some of the elective classes that you can take, though most of the elective classes don’t like to put up stands, it’s mainly the food and the sports ones that do.”

Rin hummed in agreement. “Yeah, and all this,” she motioned with her hands to the field, spinning in a circle as she did. “Is the welcoming ceremony!”

“Oh! I heard Joonmyun mentioned something like that to Kyungsoo!” Yoosun shouted, slamming one fist down into her other open palm in realization.

“That’s because the student council organizing this event. It’s considered to be a big part of the University’s tradition, but all that has kind of faded during the years and it’s now more of a social event and less, well, traditional,” Rin explained poorly. The girls were now making their way down one of the aisles between the chairs in hopes to find a good seat.

Eunmi coughed, still scanning the crowd for a place to sit. “What Rin is trying to say is that instead of doing old tribal ceremonies the student council introduces themselves, promises a good school year, and on a very rare occasion will the Dean speak.”

Yoosun’s eyebrows furrowed. “I take it the Dean doesn’t like to show himself much?”

The two other girls nodded. “Yeah,” Eunmi said. “He’s a very secluded guy who only shows up when it’s absolutely necessary. He likes his privacy and we kind of have no choice but to respect that.”

“No one at the University even knows what type of Humanoid he is, I bet even the teachers don’t,” Rin added.

“Then have you two ever seen the Dean?”

This time they both shook their heads, causing Yoosun to frown.

At this point the girls were nearing the front rows and still hadn’t found seats where all three of them could sit together.  Yoosun squinted her eyes only to widen them again when she found three seats next to each other. “There!” she pointed to the seats, directing the other two girls in the direction. Quickly they made their way over to the seats. Rin and Eunmi sat down next to each other and when Yoosun tried to squish herself past them to the other seat it was taken by some guy who was animatedly talking to his friend.

Rin frowned and shoved the guy’s shoulder a bit. “Hey, what do you think you’re doing?” The guy just shot Rin a dirty look before looking away and continuing his conversation with his friend.

“It’s alright, we can just find other seats,” Yoosun tried to calm Rin down who looked ready to tear into the guy.

“I doubt it, the ceremony’s about to start,” Eunmi frowned.

“Don’t worry,” a smooth voice called out to them. The girls looked up to see that Jongin had squeezed through to where Yoosun still stood and was smirking down at her. “We meet again sailor,” he greeted her, snaking an arm around her shoulders. He then looked down to Rin and Eunmi. “I’ll take her to where me and a few others are sitting.”

Rin turned her face up to him, keeping her eyes tightly closed which caused Jongin’s smirk to falter. “No way ,” she growled at him.

Jongin’s grimaced. “There’s no need to keep your eyes closed,” he hissed.

“I’m not taking any chances,” Rin huffed. “Yoosun, don’t go with him.”

“Too late!” Jongin yelled and started to slink off while pushing a protesting Yoosun in front of him.

“Jongin just where are you taking me?!” she screeched.

The smirk returned to his face when she glared over her shoulder at him. “You’re sitting with me and the guys,” he stated and continued to push her through the crowd.

She was about to retort ‘what guys’ when she saw them. There were two of them and like Jongin they were both tall, but actually taller than Jongin himself. One of them had a princely looking face similar to Joonmyun except for the fact that instead of being round it was more squared and structured. His blond hair stuck out like a sore thumb in the sea of black and brown hair and it was obvious that he dyed it. His brown eyes looked at Yoosun almost emotionlessly, though she could’ve sworn she saw a brief spark of interest and mischief in them. The other one was obviously foreign but still Asian. His hair, like the other one, was dyed but was a reddish brown instead of blond. His face was skinny and his dark eyes, almost black, were surrounded by rings that made it seem like he didn’t get enough rest. When he looked at her, Yoosun felt as if she was being violated, like he could see all the privet thoughts that went through her mind and she shuddered.

“Is this the girl you mentioned?” the one with the reddish hair asked as Jongin pushed her down into a seat so that she would be next to him and the blond one. She glared at Jongin and huffed before crossing her arms and looking towards the stage.

“Yeah. Interesting isn’t she?”

“Not really,” the blond one mumbled, earning a slight smack on the head by the reddish haired one.

“Be polite maknae,” the reddish hair one scolded only to earn a glare from the blond one.

Jongin rolled his eyes and leaned in close to Yoosun so that he could whisper in her ear. “The blond one is Sehun and the reddish haired one is Zitao.”

“Like I care,” Yoosun hissed back. God dammit, I was trying to avoid these guys!

Next to Yoosun, Sehun and Zitao kept bickering, making her a bit anxious. Yoosun glanced at them to see that they kept lightly hitting each other and throwing rude remarks. Although she knew that she should be avoiding them, curiosity got the better of her and she found herself lightly tugging on Jongin’s jacket sleeve.

He looked down to her, humming in a questioning way.

“Do they always do that?” Yoosun asked, throwing her thumb over her shoulder towards Sehun and Zitao.

Jongin glanced at them and didn’t speak for a second, then he looked back at Yoosun and answered, “Kind of. I mean, we’re friends and all, and we’re even in the same year, freshmen, but those two are Humanoids that typically don’t really care for each other since they’re similar.”

Yoosun raised her eyebrows. “What Humanoids are they?”

Nodding his head at Sehun he said, “Djinn,” and then nodding at Zitao he said, “Incubus.” Jongin looked back at Yoosun. “They are both types of Humanoids

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter