Chapter Two

The University
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Two-

 

The office was cluttered with papers everywhere. They were on the wooden desk, on the floor, on the chair across from the desk that was supposed to be for guests to sit in. To say that Yoosun was shocked about the amount of papers was an understatement. She was flabbergasted on how a Dean of such a huge school full of delinquents could so obviously run a loose reign. Carefully Yoosun stepped over the piles of paper that littered the carpeted floor and walked towards the desk where she expected someone to be sitting. As she reached the desk and peered over the papers piled there she was met with a seat filled with more papers. She scanned the room again to see if there was anyone in there and she was met with no one. Weird. Someone definitely told me to come in. Yoosun returned her attention to the desk to see if there was a bell somewhere on it like there was at the desk in the dorm, but there was no desk. However, a paper on the desk caught her eye. Why is the president of South Korea sending a letter to the Dean of this school?

“Can I help you?” a male voice called from her left.

Yoosun jumped and turned to look at the man. He was tall, taller than the last guy she met, but like him this guy was also gorgeous. His face was structured perfectly, his jaw a sharp square. His hair a light dirty blond and his brown eyes seemed to burn into her own. “W-where did you come from?” she asked him, stumbling over her words.

The man jabbed a thumb towards the door on the wall behind him that she had failed to notice was there before, making her blush at her own stupidity. “What are you here for?” he asked her, making her look at him again.

She paused for a moment to collect herself before responding, “I’m here to see the Dean. I’m a new student and I need to get my uniform and stuff.”

“What’s your name?” he asked her, turning his back towards her and heading back towards the door.

“What? Oh, uhm, Cho Yoosun.”

There was a light scoff as the man excused himself into the room, leaving Yoosun alone for a few seconds. She scuffed her feet on the ground as she waited for him to come back, listening to the faint noises coming from the room he had disappeared into. When he finally came back into the office he was holding a big brown paper bag which he shoved into Yoosun who in turn took the bag lightly and peered into it.

“It’s your things.”

Yoosun looked up at the guy who stood in front of her. “What?” she asked him.

He sighed and shook his head. “Your uniform, your nametag, identification badge, class schedule, and class ring which you are to wear at all times unless specifically told to take it off are all in that bag. I may not be the Dean, but if I couldn’t get a new student her belongings then I have no right to be Student Council Vice President.”

Yoosun’s eyes widened and she unceremoniously pointed at the guy. “You’re the Vice President?”

A cocky grin spread across his face as he extended his hand towards her which she took in awe. “The name’s Wu Yifan, pleased to meet you Cho Yoosun. Now if you could, please leave. I have to get to organizing all this crap before the Student Council President comes back. I’ll be seeing you around I guess,” he said, lightly putting his hands on her back and pushing her towards the door.

She threw a glance over her shoulder before bowing quickly and walking out of the office, bag in hand. The walk back to her dorm was a boring and uneventful one. Yoosun realized though that the Dean’s office was only a few doors away from the main entrance and that if she had turned the other way when she first entered that she would’ve been at the office mush sooner than she had been. When she got to her room after almost passing out from climbing the four flights of stairs it was almost nine o’clock and she excitedly unpacked the bag. Her uniform, there were six of them in the bag, turned out to be a long-sleeved black blouse with a light gray vest with golden clasps to go over, which had the school’s crest on the right pocket. The skirt was a high waisted, solid gray that matched the vest and ended at a point a bit above her knees. She was given knee-high black socks with two solid white lines at the top, a white bowtie, and gray dress shoes to finish off the ensemble. She was also given two gym uniforms that consisted of black sweatpants with white stripes on the sides and a gray racerback tank top with the school’s crest in gold on the bottom right, as well as a pair of gray and white sneakers. The one other article of clothing in the bag was the jacket that she had seen students from the University wear whenever they were out and about in the middle of Seoul. The jacket was a solid black, tight fitting sport jacket that zippered all the way up to the turtle neck and had the school crest in gold on the top right. Yoosun had always thought that the jacket looked nice on all the students who wore them, and even though she still didn’t really want to be at the University, part of her was really happy to have one of those jackets for herself.

The next thing she pulled out of the bag was the ring that Yifan had talked about. It was a plain golden ring with the school’s crest on it, and as simple as it was the ring seemed to be very heavy, even when Yoosun slid it onto her right ring finger where she decided it would stay. Then she pulled out her golden name tag with Cho Yoosun neatly written on it in black, which she put on her desk so as not to forget to put it on every day. The next item was her ID badge which was attached to a chain that she supposed linked onto the skirt of her uniform. Her ID was also solid black and the word printed on it were in white and read

Cho Yoosun

Room 127

Rank 1/8th

which Yoosun put on her desk with her nametag. Lastly she pulled out the laminated piece of paper that was her class schedule.

 

Class Schedule

 

Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Homeroom: 6:45am-7:00am; Professor Jung Yunho, Room 127

Period One: 7:00am-8:45am; History with Professor Jung Yunho, Room 127

Period Two: 9:00am-10:45am; Mathematics with Professor Lee Jinki, Room 127

Period Three: 11:00am-12:45pm; Ethics with Professor Kim Kibum, Room 127

Lunch Break: 12:45pm-1:30pm

Period Four: 1:45pm-3:30pm; Elective Class One

Period Five: 3:45pm-5:30pm; Anatomy with Professor Lee Taemin, Room 127

 

Tuesday, Thursday

Homeroom: 8:00am-8:15am; Professor Jung Yunho, Room 127

Period One: 8:30am-10:30am; Specialized Class with Professor Kim Jonghyun, Room 544

Period Two: 10:45am-12:45pm; Defense and Offense with Professor Choi Minho, Gym 2

Lunch Break: 12:45pm-1:30pm

Period Three: 1:45pm-3:45pm; Elective Class Two

 

Yoosun reread her schedule over and over again before she sighed and flopped down onto her bed, the schedule leaving her hands and floating down to the floor. Looks like I have two different schedules depending on the day, and apparently I get two electives. I wonder what they offer for electives, and what do specialized class and defense and offense mean? This school is weird. Yoosun flipped over onto her side and pulled the blanket over her, settling into her new bed and then slowly drifting off to sleep.

 

}{)(}{)(}{)(}{)(}{)(}{

 

“Wow, who knew that I’d get a roommate that likes to sleep with the lights on. I feel the fights starting soon,” a deep but still obviously female voice said, stirring Yoosun from her sleep.

“Oh come on Rin, don’t start so early with your antics. Besides, she could’ve accidently fallen asleep with the lights on,” another female voice, this one lighter and wispier chided the previous voice.

“Well for her sake I hope that it is an accident because I will not be sleeping with the lights on,” the deeper voice, Rin, said with a huff.

Yoosun groaned and rolled onto her other side, rubbing her eyes to get the sleep out before opening them. She sat up in bed when she saw two girls standing in front of her. One of the two was leaning over to get closer to Yoosun, with her hands on her hips. She was obviously Asian but was also something else considering how dark her skin was. Despite it being early in the morning she had glittering black eyeliner around her dark brown eyes, and her black hair was cut as short as a boy’s, though she still looked elegant. The other girl had her pale hand on top of the first girl’s shoulders. Her light brown eyes filled with worry and exasperation, and her light brown hair fell past her shoulders in almost perfectly shaped ringlets. Both the girls were so beautiful that Yoosun felt herself growing self-conscious in her half awaken state.

“She’s awake,” the girl with the long hair, which happened to be the lighter voice, said.

The girl with the short hair rolled her eyes and straighten up so that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter