Lie 009

Rumours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lie 009

“It’s easy to assimilate and become friends with a group.”

 

 

Her eyes grew to the size of a full moon. He shouldn’t be here, nor should he stand behind her just to be beside her soon after. He shouldn’t be defending her. There was only one reason he came into the picture. And she didn’t want that. She never wanted to be in this position.

 

laid slightly agape, but she couldn’t get a word out. Not even his name.

 

The girl wanted to convince him to stop what he was doing, but that would only break the chains of a promise the duo made.

 

Suho didn’t seem like the type of person lenient on broken promises.

 

‘If there is a rumour about this Monday or any day, assimilate into our group. I don’t want you to get hurt mentally by yourself. If there isn’t, we can go about our lives as if it never happened. This proposal has to only be between the two of us. Though I can’t stop Baekhyun from bothering you in general.’

 

It just had to happen under the ‘any day’ category. The whispers only added to her stress and anxiousness.

 

He exuded this confidence that was nonexistent in her system. Suho held his head high and affirmed his stance.

 

“Jieun is our friend and you have no right to treat her like this.”

 

In her hand a pin dropped in silence. The clanking on the hard surface of the pin only; dulling out the noise that would have to travel through her ear. Friend…

 

“And when did this happen? Because last time I saw, she didn’t seem like your friend yesterday.” Minah continued to add onto the flames with a taunting smile. She didn’t care if she was against the renowned boys this school had. She paid attention to the people beside her, they were people easy to show their emotions. If Hyeri or Yura got depressed by this sudden information, she’s not sure what she would do to the girl. “Besides the fact that she seemed to be hanging pretty tight with Sehun.”

 

There was another meaning under her venomous words and Jieun was shocked to the point of her eyes clouding with sorrow. Never was the girl under so much pressure by this many people. It was a newfound situation.

 

Jieun stood there. She was in no position to speak because it would only end up hurting her heart more. The girl didn’t want to mess up the situation some stranger compelled her in.

 

The boy in charge of causing the wildfire to spread even faster took charge. Then again, it was his responsibility to take care of the girl. “She recently became our friend because she has wonderful traits that make her a great friend. So, I would like it if you guys refrain from attacking her with harsh words.” He repeated his announcement louder to make his point clear.

 

“Lee Jieun does not deserve this treatment nor does anyone put in her situation. Anything that happens to her or my friends will be reported.”

 

The majority of the crowd would listen to his command. For starter, he is a prince. He also represents SH position as student council president. Any word from a slip of a tongue that passes by his ear once is noted and sent to the office with a signature of his initials. Most of the students her would not want a red card on their reports especially if they were trying to get into a reputable university.

 

Slowly, but surely the crowd started to disperse and continue on their business to order food or hang out with their friends. One thing that didn’t stop are the voices in the cafeteria. The recent gossip and chat would take some time to extinguish. Especially if it was as interesting as this for a school looking for drama to happen.

 

The fun happens on the sidelines when you’re watching the screen play. But, when you are a player in the show itself, well that’s another story.

 

It feels like hell that Jieun was pushed off a cliff into. What did she do to deserve this? She did absolutely nothing worthwhile in her opinion, but get caught up with the wrong people. However, they weren’t wrong at all. They seemed to be admirable bunch radiating with ties of friendship and fun.

 

The only difference between her and them were standards. The social ladder in the school system or any system for that matter. Jieun was just a normal school girl with exceptional grades from studying. Them, they had the looks, talents, personality and many more that made them each their own colors worthy to be praised.

 

The four girls in front didn’t leave until after Minah’s last words.

 

“Let’s see if it’s true. You know the thing with rumours and such, they can be lies.”

 

She turned her head and walked away, ushering the other three to follow her with two flicks from her hand. Sojin obeyed and walked side-by-side with Minah, not saying a single word. Hyeri and Yura had their head down complaining to Minah about how this was unreal.

 

It was unreal. Jieun finally had some room to breathe and exhaled a breath that Suho heard and stifled.

 

The girl wasn’t sure what she was to say. Suho got the idea that the girl was in a turmoil of conflicts based off observations and decided to lead her until she could lead herself.

 

“Want to sit with us and I’ll explain what you want to know.”

 

“I know why you did it and I’m thankful you saved me. I’m just lost.” The words streamed out of with lots of confusion. “I’ll take your offer. If not another rumour will spread that I’m not your friend when it’s kind of actually true.”

 

Suho furrowed his eyebrows as he took a picture of a dejected girl who doesn’t know which road to take after coming into contact with obstacles. He was unsure himself what to really do; a future grave would happen if things went out of hand.

 

He prayed for her understanding.

 

She prayed for her supposed friends understanding.

 

 

While the two were up front in the battlefield with four girls surrounded by a circle of students, in the back stood the others in an awkward position. The princes were beyond puzzled at the activity

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter