Lie 003

Rumours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lie 003

“Their presence didn’t affect her in a good or bad way.”

 

 

To say she wasn’t peeved would be a lie. To say she was outraged is exaggerated. Most indeed she was confused at the trio.

 

Baekhyun and Kai battled it out at their throats talking in another language she couldn’t comprehend. Great way to leave me out of it. Sehun, the stoned-faced prince just stood there on the sidelines, acting as a useless bystander. He didn’t bother to look in her direction, making her feel worse.

 

Jieun grumbled under her breath and turned to face the two, her eyes switching back and forth. The Chinese words incomprehensible to her ears were stacking on top of each other in her small brain. A trickle of pain tormented the corner of her forehead. She winced at the sudden emergence. Enough with their bickering, she held out her arm, hand flat out and sideways as she sliced her hand between the two faces.

 

The boys stumbled back from the sudden motion and stared her down, their faces screamed the action uncalled for. It was, but she still did it. A spur of the moment action she has been doing immensely today.

 

She closed her eyes, lips grimly sealed before exhaling a tiny sigh. “I’m going to head out now. So, you guys can continue your conversation in private once I’m gone.” Her legs walked 4 feet away from him until he blurted out.

 

“Wait I need your phone number.” To her dismay, he remembered his petty request. “Just give me your phone and I’ll type it in.”

 

Her feet needed to take her far away, to avoid the ongoing list of what wrong she had done today. Her hand entered her skirt’s left pocket and pulled out a cellular device. She pressed the middle, home button as a dim flash showed up. Her fingers tapped a four-digit passcode that unlocked her phone, thumb pressing the phone book app before extending her arm towards him.

 

In response, he did the same action, however his arm reached out to grab her device. His fingers grazed the edge of the phone, whisking it out of her grasp in a sweep. His fingers swiftly pressed the screen, a vibration rumbled in his hand as the sound echoed in the air. A unique message tone played Jieun’s ears, making her assume that her number was sent over with a text message. She saw a minor uplift at the corner of his lips一he was happy?

 

His smile enveloped a warmth on her cheeks, internal heat rising. Jieun blushed so easily; hoping her face went unnoticed.

 

Baekhyun satisfied with his deed, retracted his arm out as she gripped onto her phone hastily. She made the mistake in accidently touching his digits in a faint manner. Her brain was unconcerned with the physical touch because a cough erupted from one of the ‘dumb and dumber’ duo. The two male students who deemed it alright to eavesdrop on a private conversation in the school’s back woods.

 

Kai, the frank person he’s displayed so far, voiced another ridiculous comment. “What about us, don’t we get to join in on your text-messaging conversation?” He smiled innocently, but could not mask his mischievous motives in the girl’s eyes. The situation he was under heightened the girl’s senses, if not she would've fallen for his divine smile. The teasing smile disgusted Jieun the more she thought about it.

 

She stood astonished. She knew he was ignorant, but the possibility to be far worse never clicked until now. And the miserable part was that girls fell for this personality. To her shame, she was one of them at a point. Unbelievable, he upheld a completely, different side and it wasn’t funny. Honestly, Jieun found it annoying at the contingent chance the act was on purpose. The girl’s mouth was about to retort at him, but someone beat her to it.

 

“I think that’s out of line.” Yes, it was. Wait a minute, he finally talked and it was against his best friend.  The husky voice rough around the edges, a perfect fit for his stone-statue's face. She had never heard him speak a sentence upfront, and she admits to being stunned. She guessed he didn’t fit the ‘dumber’ part.

 

Kai mumbled under his breath. “You have to act like Suho and ruin the fun.” His face looked defeated for a moment, but she was wrong. “Fine, let us join in on your conversation or I’ll blackmail this one on one interaction. There is something going on between the two of you.” He stared and pointed his index finger at her then Baekhyun.

 

Blackmail. The root of all things evil. A type of method that was being used on Jieun twice today. The whole day was out of proportion from her normal, lackadaisical routine. In the end she regrets not leaving with the hordes of students that could trip her in the hallways in their spree to leave the school.

 

Baekhyun fumed and yelled at Kai. “What right do you have to in! You dare to blackmail me even though we’re in the same boat to avoid trouble here.” Like you didn’t bait me to accept your demand.

 

Kai smirked and raised an eyebrow. “It’s been awhile since I had some fun that didn’t involve me in the picture.” He took a couple steps to the sides, before gesturing his hands at the boy and girl. “Let’s just say my curiosity is piqued because you don’t involve yourself with just anyone.”

 

His finger landed on the girl who shrank at his words. It was as if he didn’t acknowledge her presence at all as he taunted his friend. Jieun felt like a toy being ripped by the seams of the two.

 

The conniving guy did make a point she has been trying to figure out. She knew if she asked Baekhyun again why he insists on being my friend, it would as clear as day he would repeat the same answer. An answer that didn’t please her. Her gut thought otherwise of another answer. Just why does he want my company?

 

Baekhyun ruffled his brown locks in frustration. Jieun stood straight in awestruck at the emotions and sides of people she never knew would have. As the saying goes, you can’t trust a person by just looks unless you get to know them. The girl held a strong interest and desire to strip them to their true colors, but she knew her boundaries. She couldn’t get involved deeply, only texting acquaintances, nothing more.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter