Lie 007

Rumours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lie 007

“A text message shouldn’t mean a lot.”

 

 

If the thin hairs weren’t standing upright on her arms then they must’ve fallen off by now.

 

Why was prince Sehun walking in the same direction as her? After the three approached the entrance gates of the school, they all split off to their next destination. Jungkook said he had to rush and attend cram school. The next thing she saw was the boy booking it down the sidewalk. In the opposite direction, Jieun said her soft goodbyes only to get this comment.

 

“I’m walking that way too.” His stoic face she could not decipher.

 

The girl walked with heavy footsteps in the awkward atmosphere. The two of them were walking side by side with at least two feet separating them. The air was void of noises besides from the occasional skidding of the cars and passersby chatting. No words were spoken; they used their nose to breathe in and out.

 

Jieun’s eyes shifted to her left and glanced at the boy. His side profile in her honesty wasn’t all that bad. She could see why he was hyped and liked by many fangirls. His milky, white complexion was matched with his platinum blond hair. His sharp chin completed his overall v-shaped face. Omg what am I thinking right now.

 

His pupils shot to look at her, and she quickly looked straight ahead. Jieun could feel the cold sweat building up on her skin. He didn’t notice right? Of course he did. Her fingers twiddled each other as they ventured to the busier parts of the city.

 

Her vision and hearing were heightened as the thought flashes to her brain. I’m so stupid. Her head turned and looked around for a certain attire or faces. She didn’t spot any of them in their radius, however, she saw other school uniforms.

 

His voice came out of nowhere and she flinched. “What are you looking for?”

 

Jieun turned to look at him with a shocked expression. “Nothing much. Just anyone from the school.” There wasn’t any use hiding that information seeing that he knows as much of her situation.

 

One of his eyebrows shot up and his mouth formed an o-shaped. “I see.” Silence loomed over the two as they waited for the crosswalk to signal a green man.

 

She decided to break the silence and get some answers for her curious mind. “Where are you heading to?”

 

“A cafe closeby to meet up with my hyungs. How about you?”

 

“Oh, I’m heading home.” The walking green man beeped, the crowd walking through the streets. Wait did he just say hyungs?!

 

Hyung might mean brother. Did he even have an older brother? Maybe they were other people and not the ones she knew by name. Jieun’s footsteps were a tiny bit faster, hoping to get ahead of Sehun and avoid any accidental sightings of the boys. She didn’t know what and where the cafe Sehun was talking about, but she knew the direction to her house.

 

Her strides didn’t go unnoticed. His footsteps still matched hers and he knew the reasons why. He smirked internally and decided to put her on her toes. He can act like his best friend today.

 

“Why are you walking faster Jieun. Is there anything wrong?” Sehun said so calmly, and he caught the girl's posture freeze for a second.

 

“A-ah, I just need to get back home before my parents worry.” She stammered and made a white lie.

 

Sehun clicked his tongue and you found that unusual of him. In less than a minute his aura changed and she felt anxious.

 

The girl felt a hard pressure on her left arm and was swifted to the left side of the boy. A car roared down the road as she caught onto what he did. Jieun’s long hair was tangled a little bit from the pull, her eyes bulging out. She looked at him for a word of confirmation, but nothing came. He wasn’t even looking at her, and when he did.

 

“You shouldn’t be on the edge of the sidewalk.” Thump. Her heart just tingled, why did he have to say that? Why can’t he not worry about her? The car wouldn’t have even touched her. If it did, she would rather it be her and not him.

 

“Oh...thanks I guess.” She said under her breath that Sehun barely caught her words. He only confirmed the girl’s voice by matching the words to her lips.

 

He shoved both hands into his khakis and continued walking. She stood frozen on her spot, until he turned his head to look over.

 

“Aren’t you in a rush Jieun?” She could hear the sarcasm dripping in his rough voice. Jieun felt the blood creeping up her cheeks upon realization that he didn’t fall for her lie.

 

One thing she wouldn’t forget on his face. The small uplift of the corners on his lips. His smirk.

 

Her feet made its way next to Sehun and continued on with her speedy fast goal to her house. He matched his footsteps with hers again and that didn’t go unnoticed by the girl. She made a slip in the moment and glared at the boy, his face seemed fazed by her reaction.

 

“I’m sorry. I ju-st feel like you’re copying me to make f-un of me.” She felt judged the moment those words flowed out of her lips.

 

Sehun opened his mouth with the blank face usually plastered in school grounds. “Yes, I’m copying you, but I’m not doing it to make fun of you.”

 

A thin line of silence passed by before he continued speaking. “I’m doing it to tease you.” A small smirk hard t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter