Chapter 2, part 2

Horror School II: 8 schoolgirl secrets

(In the office)

Mrs. Ahn is the Chief Administrator of the district, but due to financial reasons, the district office is never built so they merge it to the high school office. Mrs. Ahn sits at the far back corner with a small desk, on top of which is a big computer screen. On the rear end, there is a shiny name board with her name on it, Ahn Haemi, Chief Administrator of Public Education Information Management System. There are stacks of sticky notes and lots of pens around. Two girls move quickly to the end of the room.

"Oh, Hyejin. Good morning!" Mrs. Ahn shows up from behind the screen. "You too, Hyojung."

"Good morning Mrs. Ahn." Both girls make 90 degrees bows.

"What brings you here in this very early morning?"

"It's the thing I reported to you yesterday night." JinE says.

"That ABC account? I did see and I did check it out this morning."

"Did you deleted the account?" Hyojung nervously asks.

"Unfortunately, I couldn't find such name."

"What? That's impossible!" JinE almost screams.

"That can't be!" Hyojung also claims.

"You guys can check it on my computer. Have a seat!" Mrs. Ahn rotates the screen outward to show the girls. "You, Hyejin, must have known that this computer manages all accounts of the district. Here, I'm typing it on the search bar. And there, nothing appears!"

Both JinE and Hyojung can't believe in their own eyes. They draw themselves closer to the screen and JinE even refreshes the computer and searches again. But nothing improves. It is still the same "No result available." popping up.

"This can't be happening! I'm sure that account added 8 random girls, including me,  to the conversation and annoyed us!" JinE insists.

"Any proof?" Mrs. Ahn asks.

"Proof?"

"Yes. If there isn't any information available, you need some kind of proof. Did you screenshot the conversation?"

"Uh...no. I didn't."

"Then I can't help anymore."

"Mrs.Ahn, what if that guy changed the username?" Hyojung asks.

"Then the old name is recorded and it is supposed to appear in the History of profile."

The two girls sit still and look at the screen in despair. They were not calm enough to think wisely about this.

"This is what I want you to do." Mrs. Ahn says. "Log on your account on a school computer and sent me screenshots of the conversation with dates and time of it. Then I can somehow track the log-in time of all accounts."

"I'll try to do so." JinE sadly answers.

"Good. It's time for you girls to get to class now. We have 10 minutes before the bell rings."


(On the way to the library)

"So you want to look at the schoolbooks to find out about Minha unnie's profile?" Arin asks.

"Yes. That ABC dude surely knows about Minha better than we do." Jiho says.

"But you were in the same class with her last year."

Jiho pauses for a while and looks around her.

"Don't tell this to anyone: I moved in as a new student last year. I came for the spring semester."

"Woah~ But you became popular immediately. Not every new student can do that!"

Jiho looks uneasy when Arin says this. She looks away and slightly knits her brow. Arin does notice that Jiho reacts, but she doesn't question, because while talking, they have arrived at the library.

"Good morning Mrs. Kim!" Both girls say to the librarian and show her their ID cards. 

"Hi girls!"

"Can you tell me where the schoolbooks are?" Jiho asks.

"Go to the very back and take a left, you will a see a big shelf with books about the school. But what year of schoolbook do you girls need? I need to make sure that the book you want to find is here."

"Just last year, ma'am."

"Then it's up there. Have fun!"

"Thank you very much!"

 

Jiho and Arin jog to the self the librarian mentions. It seems like very few people go to this area, it looks dull and old. The aisle is small, the smallest among others. The shelves are shorter but stronger to hold big books. The books are not dusty, but they give the impression that they are not well taken care of. 

"There!" Jiho says when she sees the cover.

"Be careful, unnie!"

Jiho stand on the chair nearby to reach the shelves. The book is the newest in the collection, as also the thickest. The inside is beautiful designed with short stories and well-taken photoshoots of students studying, playing sports or participating in school activities. But the girls don't have much time to read those beautiful moments as Arin glances at the watch and says it is 15 minutes to the bell rings. Jiho skips to the picture section and searches for her class last year.

"Finally here, D-10. Woah look at that, I was so badly tanned." Jiho comments.

"No you don't. You're so pretty!"

"Let's see where she is." Jiho points her finger along the page.

"Is she this one?" Arin asks, in a very quiet voice.

"Yeah, you found here?"

There." Arin points at the picture.

By the picture of a pretty wavy-haired girl smiling, there the name is: Jeon Minha. Below is some overall information of her, birthdate, her achievements, her favorite quote and...a creeping line that Jiho and Arin almost hiccup when they see it: died in an accident.

The thing is: both of them know that Minha didn't die in an accident.


(In class D-11, 5 minutes before the bell rings)

Most of the students already seat themselves and study quietly, only some naughty boys are still running playing around. Suddenly, a boy, obviously not in this class, sprints in the class with extreme hurry.

"Hey guys, you know what?"

"Yah! Don't you see we're studying?" One student in the class shouts out.

"Aish! Yoo Shiah from B-12 and Jo Hyeyoung from C-12 are having a mortal combat on the roof terrace!" He says as he pants hard. "This is unlike Inhyuk and Kwanghae's fight! They are really fighting, not just bashing each other!"

The serious atmosphere in the class instantly shifts to excitement.

"What? Really?"

"Our Yoo Shiah?"

"Are we having a new Queenka?"

"Gotta see this no matter what!"

Half of the students get out of the seats and find their way to the terrace to see battle. The other half remain with furious looks given to each other. 

Seunghee rises and goes to Binnie's seat.

"Hey! Is it me or..." She says.

"...history is repeated?" Binnie finishes off the sentence.

"Isn't this weird?" 

"I don't think this is a coincident."

After the awkward conversation, both girls follow the crowd of people to go see the fight between YooA and an already-very-famous-girl.

 

The terrace looks like a scene from a typical Japanese school movie: two popular girls fighting for fame on an old terrace, with audience encircling them, cheering and shouting. YooA still has the calm manner on her face, while the other girl, Hyeyoung looks furiouly serious. The watching crowd mainly cheer on YooA and hissing against Hyeyoung.

When Seunghee and Binnie arrive at the roof terrace (and elbows others to get closest to the scene), YooA and Hyeyoung started to fight already. YooA seems to be at advantage as she quickly jumps forward and holds a tight grip on Hyeyoung's hair. Hyeyoung has her hair down, while YooA's hair is in a braid bun. YooA, with unexpected skills, slides to the back and pulls Hyeyoung down. In a blink of an eyes, Hyeyoung lies flat on the ground with her hair and arms held tight, she could only move her legs. But she doesn't let out a single cry.

The fight is going on excitingly then suddenly, the boy who ran in class D-11 reappears on the roof terrace with the same hurry.

"Guys! Leave this place at once! Teachers are coming!"

The crowd burst out and people quickly move away from the battle. YooA stops fighting on Hyeyoung and lets go of the grip. Hyeyoung gets up on all four and still looks angry. Two teachers show up. One of them is the well-known brutal warden. The other is a random Chemistry teacher.

"Hey! What are you guys doing up here? Do you know the bell rang 2 minutes ago?"

"Yes, teacher Jung."

The students boredly leave the roof terrace. YooA and Hyeyoung quickly blend themselves in the crowd so the teachers don't notice them. Seunghee and Binnie also leave in disappointment.

"OK, get back to your class, Daesoo. I'll take care of the rest." The warden says to the teacher.


(In the WC)

"Hey, I heard that she once beat a girl to death!" 

"No, I heard that the beaten girl only fainted."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it happened last year. My sister told me. She saw the whole fight. I could have seen the whole occurence, but I was stuck with a detention."

"So what happened to both of them?"

The WC is almost empty. There are only two girls standing chatting at the sink. But they don't know of the presence of another person in one of the booths overhearing everything.

"YAH! WHAT ARE YOU GIRLS TALKING ABOUT?" Mimi says loudly when going out of the booth.

The two girls immediately cower when they see Mimi. Known for never fighting in public, Mimi usually sneaks into bathrooms or empty classrooms, where nobody notices, and carries out her business.

"Let's see who I have today." Mimi comes closer to the girls and creepily their hair. "Yoon Soomi, E-11. Your sister is Yoon Sooah, C-12, right?"

Soomi timorously nods when Mimi looks at the other girl.

"Im Shinji, A-10. Never seen you before." Mimi smirks.

"I'm a new student." Shinji answers. She seems unappealed to Mimi appearance.

"No wonder. Soomi, heard a lot about you." Mimi says with a histrionically soft voice. "The gossipy, wide-mouthed lady of the third floor. Is that right?" 

"No...no. It's not true. Maybe the guys in my class don't like me, so...so they spread false rumors...about me." Soomi stammers.

"I know the guys in your class. They are nasty, but they're never idle enough to make up such things. And rumors always starts from the truth right?"

Soomi stays quiet.

"Silence means agreement. SO YOU ARE WIDE-MOUTHED!" Mimi shouts.

Soomi keeps looking at her feet and avoids moving, because she knows this is fateful.

"As a punishment, I HAVE TO FIX YOUR WIDE MOUTH RIGHT AWAY SO YOU KNOW WHAT IS RUMOR AND WHAT IS NOT!"

Mimi slaps Soomi hard on the cheek. The slap is so painful that Soomi slides on the ground and ends up lying on the floor. As she hits the floor, a loud bang comes from her head. Now Shinji backs away from Mimi and looks at her in awe. She can hear Soomi but trying to hide her voice.

"Im Shinji, this is the first time we meet, huh!" Mimi continues on her dramatic soft voice. "I'm not gonna fix you the way I did to that down there, but that doesn't mean you're uninvolved in this."

Shinji backs away more. But the more she steps, the more she realizes Mimi is coming toward her and driving her toward the wall.

"Can you let me go? I won't tell this to anybody! I swear! I'll keep my mouth shut! Please!" Shinji almost kneels down.

But Mimi doesn't give in. She still walks forward.

"HOW DARE YOU ASK FOR MERCY?" Mimi shouts in disgust. "I see that your mouth is not big, but your ears are! You believe what everybody says about each other! YOU ARE JUST SIMILAR TO THAT ON THE FLOOR, THAT YOU CAN'T DIFFERENTIATE WHAT IS RUMOR AND WHAT IS NOT!"

Shinji appears shaking and trembling. She slowly slides against the wall and squats down, hiding her face. Now it's obvious that Shinji is really scare of Mimi now. 

"Stand up!" Mimi commands.

Shinji doesn't move. 

"I SAY STAND UP!" Mimi yells. 

Shinji stands up and leans against the wall.

"You seem not to listen to me very well. I SHOULD DO THIS TO WIDEN YOUR EARS SO YOU CAN HEAR EVERYBODY BETTER!"

Mimi holds Shinji's ears and pull them upwards. Mimi is much taller stronger than Shinji, the poor girl almost comes off the ground. The only thing she can do is to close her eyes real tight and holds on Mimi's arms. Mimi only lets her go when the bell rings. She throws Shinji on the floor the same way she did to Soomi.

"You two, get out of my sight immediately!"

Shinji, rubbing her ears, drags Soomi with her and goes on all four out of the restroom. 

"YAH SOOMI! Don't forget that I can reach your sister even easier than I do to you!" Mimi says. "These kinds of people should have been swept away from earth."


Author's notes:

1. Did you know which story comes for a crossover in this part?

2. We have many clues about the girls's personalities here. So what is so special about them?

3. We have hints about the girls now. What happened with Minha that Jiho and Arin are so shocked?

4. Quote of the chapter: In a mad world, only the mad are sane. (Akiro Kurosawa)    

5. I'm very sorry for being unable to post two chapters per week. I'm back to school and I don't have much time to write ahead anymore, so I reduce the frequency in order to prepare well for the upcoming chapters. Please forgive me and leave your comments about the story so far.