Chapter 2, part 1

Horror School II: 8 schoolgirl secrets

(At WM High School, class A-12, before school)

"JinE-ah, so what ACTUALLY happened yesterday?" Hyojung stops JinE when she steps her foot in the classroom.

"Yesterday? I don't know." JinE drops her bag.

"What do you mean when you say you don't know?" Hyojung snaps. "You were there even before me!"

"I was added roughly about 10 minutes before you and I tried 10 ways I know to help you guys. What do you expect at me?" JinE snaps back.

"I thought...I thought..."

"You thought admins are omnipotent?"

"..." Hyojung looks down to her feet and tries to avoid JinE's eyes.

"No! We are not! Not me, not Youngjoon, not any admin. It is the Chief Administrator, Mrs. Ahn. I thought I told you yesterday in the conversation."

"So what are you going to do with that?"

"I'm going to her place. I reported the conversation but I want to talk to her in person."

"..."

"I gues you want to go with me, right Hyo?"

"How did you know that?" The angry Hyojung disappears and leaves the shy cutie Hyojung.

"Because you were freaking out." JinE says. "Next time, just text me if you're worried, don't approach me like that, it freaks me out."

"Yeah, I freaked out too hard."

 

Two girls walk quickly to the Teacher's Office. It is three stairs down. The ground floor is for offices; the first floor is for 10th graders, second for 11th graders and third is for 12th graders. The school is not very big, but the yard is massive. There are plenty of trees and grassy yards. Benches and stone tables are everywhere for the students to study on, because the library is mainly for books. It is always quiet anyway.

On their way, at second floor, they run into a very familiar person.

"Oops, sorry girls." The boys drops his stack of books.

"Yah Seo Youngjoon!" JinE yells.

The boys rises and sees JinE staring at him. "Oh, you girls. Hi!" Youngjoon waves his hand at them, but they don't wave back.

"I'm finding you." JinE says.

"For what? Borrowing my notes?"

"The thing I talked to you yesterday."

"That ABC? Yeah, I did some researches about that account." Youngjoon says. "And I have some very interesting facts."

"How did you do that?" Hyojung asks in amazement.

"Before I become admin number 1, I had to be a hacker first." He smirks.

Youngjoon walks the girls to the yard. They all sit down on a big bench.

"So, yesterday I came home at 9 o'clock so I couldn't do much about it, but I'm sure these may help you girls out." He takes out a small notebook.

"Hurry up Joonie, I need to see Mrs. Ahn after you." JinE pouts.

"OK. I broke the security code of that user, and found out this is a restored account."

"WHAT?" JinE almost stands up in surprise.

"Hey, what is special about restored accounts?" Hyojung asked.

"When the school district started creating account for students," JinE explains, "they had to restore old accounts of graduated students for new students to use, because at that time, creating something like an account or just an email cost money, and they didn't want to waste money on that. So they cleared out the memories of those accounts, changed student profiles and handed them over."

"So that ABC acount is very old, right?"

"Not necessarily. You can restore new accounts, but new accounts have better security codes, so it's just harder to crack." Youngjoon says. 

"What else?"

"I haven't checked how many times it was restored, but that's not important. The last time it was for a student use."

"So this time it is not?" JinE gets more worried.

"What is the difference between student use and the other thing?" Hyojung asks.

JinE gives Youngjoon a furious look.

"There are two uses: for students and for staffs." Youngjoon explains. "Basically staff use had wider access than student use. But the safest way to restore an account is to alter uses so it's not duplicated and the old memories are totally unreachable."

"So it is a staff who is messing with us?"

"I'm not sure. I told you I didn't have time. I'll find out tonight."

"Anything else?"

"I can't track the profile of this account. There is nothing on there."

"What?" JinE looks very confused now. "How can that be?"

"Maybe the current owner is a master and trying to fool us."

"Probably." Hyojung comments

"Yah I'm not kidding with you guys!" JinE shouts, but she realizes there are students around studying so she lowers her voice.

"Me neither! But I'll help you on this, don't worry."

"Yeah thank you." JinE calms down a little.

"Now I have some stuff to do. See you at the meeting!"

 

Youngjoon packs up his books and leaves the yard. The two girls also go to the office. JinE appears very pale now, and she trembles a bit. She has her hands in fists and her brows knit. Her shoe laces untie but she doesn't bother to tie them up.

"What happened to you, JinE? You look really upset when Youngjoon told you those things." Hyojung says.

"I'm OK." JinE says. "Let's go to Mrs. Ahn."


(At another corner of the school yard)

"Oh my gosh, is that Youngjoon oppa?" YooA touches her cheeks when she sees him passing by. "Ohh~"

"Can you stop being so fussy when you're with me?" Mimi growls.

"I'm sorry but I just can't help it!" YooA's cheeks now turn pink then red.

"It gives me goose bumps. How could I have been friends with you, by the way?"

"Eh? We? We're classmate!"

"Only so? Don't you see you and I are 180º different?"

They are. Mimi is known as a tough schoolgirl, but not only tough, she means "violent". She clears up her way to school by beating up anyone who gets in her way. She clears up mean comments about her by searching for the ones who wrote them and gives them a lesson. She clears up every opponents in the school so nobody would even touch her. Meanwhile, YooA is like a beloved queen, who has beauty, good grades and good fame. But it was not a moment when she stepped into the school and everybody recognized her as a higher-class student. There were fights, there were conflicts, there were bets, there were secret offenses to get to the only position. But YooA didn't waste her effort on such assaults. She just hid in the dark, until the queen emerged, and cast a simple game. The result was totally reversed and YooA became the new queen without a fuss.

"I mean high-class mates. Every girl in the school knows you. Even half of the boys must have heard of you." YooA says.

"Can't believe I can tolerate you after all this time?" Mimi still keeps her tough attitude.

"Hihi!" YooA gives a cheerful smile to comfort her friend.

It is a miracle that the two girls can be friends. They say Mimi got rid of all her enemies that she got lonely and had to choose a friend. Others say they are just different poles, and different people attract each other.

"Wonder what happened with us yesterday." Mimi snorts.

"What? That conversation?"

"Yeah, that damn ABC added me and provoked a fight."

"I was totally frightened too. How can it know the thing Minha always said?"

"Can you not mention the dead?" Mimi roars. "It's a taboo!"

"Ah sorry~ But you were...scared, right?"

"I'm just...I'm just...confused, OK?" Mimi snaps. "I'm going to the restroom!"

"Can I go with you?"

"How many times have I told you I hate those girly things?"

Mimi stomps without turning back. YooA, who is left alone at the bench, pouts to herself and also leaves to find somebody to hand out with.


(In class D-11)

Class D-11 is known as one of the best classes, along with A-12, for having good-looking students and very good reputation on grades and conduct. Anyhow, the real nature of this class is never revealed to rest of the school. There are hidden rivalry. There are businesses that nobody knows. It is a real struggle to keep up with every member of class.

 

"Cheer up, Seunghee-ah! We have a Math test on third period!" Binnie shakes Seunghee's shoulder. "You don't want to lower the average grade of the class!"

This early morning, Seunghee came to class with fear and confusion on her face. She could hardly focus on the world around her. When Binnie showed up, she almost broke into tears and ran to Binnie with a tight hug.

"I'm so scared. What if...what if..." Seunghee mumbles.

"If what?"

"What if Minha comes back?"

"No!" Binnie jumps. "SHE IS NOT BACK!"

Binnie's shout appeals to everybody else in the class. But Binnie shrugs off attention with a sentence, "It's none of yours business!", and gets back with Seunghee.

"But yesterday, on that group chat,..."

"That is just some some hacker! Maybe they hacked Minha's account and used it."

"But...but..."

"No buts! And I tell you, Minha is a very common name. And so is ABC. So stop crying and focus on your test! You watched too much Tomie(1). " 

Binnie leaves to her desk and studies on her own. At the back of the class, Seunghee sits still, calms her self and pats herself on the shoulder, "You're be fine, Seunghee-ah. Binnie is right!"

No sooner Seunghee takes out a book than Jiho comes in the class and reaches Seunghee.

"Seunghee-ah!" Jiho calls.

"What? Please don't say that you need to talk to me about the conversation yesterday."

"So bad I was about to tell you that."

"Whether you want to ask or not, I'm not saying anything because I'VE HAD ENOUGH!"

"Seunghee-ah, I know you're very startled, but..."

"No! Just get away! I need to study for the test!" Seunghee covers her ears and pretends to have her eyes focused on the book.

Jiho lets out a long sigh.

"I'm going to the library to check on the schoolbooks."

"I don't care what you're planning. Just don't draw me in!"

"OK, I'll ask Binnie to go with me."

"She's not going!"

Seunghee is right. Binnie is the kind of girl who studies to death to get a perfect score on an exam. Although she is a Mathlette herself and can finish a test in fifteen minutes, she still sits and crams her notes to her brain.

"Binnie-ah!" Jiho calls.

"What?" Binnie says but doesn't lift her head.

"Do you want to go to the library with me?"

"Not to study, right?"

"Well, yeah. I need to check some information on this person."

"Why didn't you ask me earlier? We have only 20 minutes before the bell rings."

"I could have. But I met with Taeho oppa earlier and I can't..."

"Then go alone!" Binnie coldly looks at Jiho. "I need to earn a score of at least 96 to maintain my average."


(On the stairs)

"They're so savage! Can't even afford a trip to the library! They have a test. So what? Don't I have one? Am I their classmate or not?"

Jiho mumbles to herself while walking down the stairs. She feels like she's been treated unfairly. What is the difference between her and everybody else in her class? She has her own struggles, she has to keep up with the class. And nobody recognizes, because they cast on her a prejudice called "having boyfriend".

 

"Jiho-unnie!"

Jiho turns back. It's Arin, waving and running toward her. Jiho guesses Arin is not the type of people who show up early for school since Arin still has her backpack on. 

"Oh, Arin. Hi!" Jiho waves back.

"I was about to get to my class but I saw you on the way." Arin pants hard when she gets to Jiho.

"What's so important to you have to run so hard?"

"Well...I just want to say hi." Arin grins.

"Really?" Jiho gives back a doubtful look.

"OK, OK, not only that. I was about to ask about the group chat, because you are the only person I know there."

"Ah yeah, I forgot that you were added too. So what?"

"Don't you know anything?"

"I don't know anything, really." Jiho confesses.

"What? So..."

"I was added first, but then it got so messed up that I didn't understand anything."

"But at least you are added first and you knew what was going among others." Arin frowns. "I was second-last to be added and I had to read everything and got nothing out of it. That ABC guys is real creepy!"

"..."

"Nobody was able to block it?"

"Hey Arin, do you want to go with me to the library?" Jiho says out of a sudden.

"For what? If you want to ask the librarian about it, surely she can't help!"

"No, we'll figure it out on our own!"


Author's notes:

(1) Tomie is a Japanese manga series and movie series about a girl of the same name, who uses her beauty to make people (mostly men) fall in love with her and kills them brutally. Tomie never dies even if she is torn to pieces. The flesh pieces grow back to full bodies and keep on seducing men.

1. Can Mrs. Ahn and Youngjoon help on this ABC case?

2. Mimi goes to the restroom and leaves YooA alone. Can you sense something from this?

3. What is Jiho's plan of going to the library?

4. Quote of the chapter: Pretend to be poor in reality and you'll notice a decrease in your friends list and request. (Michael Bassey Johnson)

5. There is a crossover happening in the next part. Check out my stories here to guess who will appear.