Chapter 4, part 1

Horror School II: 8 schoolgirl secrets

(Class A-12, break time)

"Haiz two periods felt like two days!" JinE slides down on her desk and gives herself a comfortable lying pose.

"Same here." Hyojung comes by JinE. "I hate Wednesday. I hate when the teacher keeps drawing attention to me."

"You think that didn't happen to me too? The Psych teacher was like picking on me."

"Why pick on you? She never hates students."

"No. Usually she won't relate us to anything. But this time, the way she uses my admin position for an example is just...humiliating me!" JinE pouts.

"You just overact it. I know you don't like being ask such things, but I'm sure she will never know what you're thinking, even if she has telepathy power!"

"You just act like you love everybody and everybody in this class loves you!" JinE sticks out her tongue and points at Hyojung.

"Hah! Hell no!" Hyojung bursts in laughter. The sudden laughing draws attention from everybody else in the room when girls start to knit their brows and boys muttering secretly to their fellows.

"What?" Hyojung doesn't get what's happening that everybody turns furious toward her.

"Yah, didn't you just say you hate this class and even claim it with your roaring laughter?" One student shouts out.

Other students also start to scold at Hyojung.

"Yeah, such a monitor!"

"Right, this is her own class, her has even more power than our homeroom teacher!"

"See the way the takes all the questions in History period? It's like she's trying to prove she's a genius!"

"Her critical thinking ability is beyong our control!"

"It's true that Russia had Stalin! Hahaha!"

"Yah! I'm gonna report you all that you voilate ruler #52 of the schoolboard about insulting language!" Hyojung yells. Their voice shuts up somewhat fuss, but the mumbling is still obviously heard. "And Yoon Sooah, you're not even in my class! Come back to your C-12 world!"

"OK! If this is your house, I'm not gonna rob it!"

Sooah hastily turns away and walks out like a queen. Other students starts to focus more on Hyojung.

"Yah! Do you know because of you, the image of A-12 class has degraded so much?"

"Yeah? What kind of monitor are you? Are you a person or a demon?"

"Do you know you're the only person to promote unfriendliness in the world?"

"Stop it!" Hyojung's yell once again lowers the noise. But this time it puts the class into silence despite the noisy break. "So it is all my fault? The image of A-12 is for whom? For ALL OF US! Who made it degrade? ALL OF US! Now who is promoting unfriendliness?"

"Talking like you, then ALL OF US could have died for you, huh?"

"Yah stop it!"

This time, it is JinE. "Can you guys just calm down for just a moment?"

"You're not in this mess, Hyejin!"

"Get out, this is not your business!"

"Are you protecting your dear monitor?"

"Yeah, birds of a kind flock together!"

"Wait, listen to me!" JinE raises her hand to calm the atmosphere. Yet she does make the noise lower, but the tension is still unquestionable. "Didn't she just say all of us are in charge? We are a class, guys! Mustn't we be united? There has been so many students walking around this corridor and what will they think about us? They will think that we are not worth being the best class of the year and they will find any way to beat. And what if this thing reaches the teachers? They will put prejudices on us and treat us like bad students! Just think about that!"

"You're no good either! You act like you're totally innocent!"

JinE's ease doesn't earn any comfort to the situation.

"You people are just from a same place!"

"We don't care kow much of a friend you are to her, but to us, the admin position pushes you too far away!

"A monitor and an admin, who can save humanity?"

"You two should be twins!"

"Let's go to the yard, JinE! I can't stand anymore!" Hyojung grabs JinE's wrist and drag themselves away from the crowd.

"Hey wait!"

 

Walking down the stairs, they come across looks from other students, mostly 12th-graders, who know the two girls very well. But they pretend they know nothing, and keep proceding to the yard.

 

"I'm so fed up with this class!" Hyojung opens a can of soda and complains. "Who they think they are? What have they done for the world peace?"

"I'm like so done right now! I can lose my position any time."

"Why? Is it as bad as debasing a monitor?"

"After this, people will shoot a bunch of confessions about me on the site and I have to go through all of them."

"Then just don't approve them."

"Then my mailbox will pile up like mountain. And what if they send to Youngjoon? He's the kind of person who keeps silent when he learns of something, but he will think over it forever."

"How come you know him so well?" Hyojung tries to kid with JinE, but seems like JinE is getting really worried.

"Duh, we're been colleagues for 3 years straight. I need to talk to him."

JinE takes out her phone and turn it on. And on her lockscreen, there happens a thing she could have never believe.

"Yah, Hyojung-ah, ABC...is back...through SMS." Her voice starts getting really low and creepy.

"What? Give it to me!"

 

ABC 5m ago 
Hello Shin Hyejin! You don't deserve to be an administrator anymore. You will be deleted.

 

"Hyojung-ah! I don't think this guy only sends this to me."

"Let me check my phone."

Hyojung draws out her phone and after a second she wears the same reaction JinE did.

 

ABC 5m ago
Hello Choi Hyojung! You don't deserve to be a monitor anymore. You will be relegated.

 

"We're doomed by an outsider, Jinnie-ah!"


Mimi goes back to class shortly after 10 minutes. She stays for the whole period without saying anything. She just sits still, tries to keep a poker face and secretly clenches her fist every time there is a sobbing moment. She hates sobbing. She hates seeing people cry or get startled. It shows debility. It shows weakness. To her, being strong and tough on the outside no matter how collapsing inside is the key point to win in life.

During the whole class, YooA tries to deny the whole lesson. What does it mean when everybody is born fair? Why do students have to be treated the same when obviously there are superiors and inferiors? Then only superiors should stay and inferiors should wiped out of this place. The meaning of "school bullying" or "school violence", or whatever, just doesn't apply to her. Simply she doesn't bully anybody. She just proves herself to be more worthy than trashy people.

(Class B-12, break time)

"Yah Mimi, why did you go to the bathroom? You weren't pissed, right?" YooA asks Mimi when the teacher goes out.

"Of course I wasn't. I was about to truant but I can't. My conduct points are low enough."

"And if you're found out, your points are gonna be even lower!" "YooA mocks.

"Yah!" Mimi punches really hard at YooA's stomach. "What do you want now?"

"I'm just kidding! How can they find out? And if they found out, how would they prove?"

"Just don't talk about it, YooA! I'm tired! Hearing Eunjo weeping is enough of a disaster for today."

"Yeah, I hate Eunjo too. She tries to act like her whole family is killed." YooA looks around to see if Eunjo is there, but actually she doesn't really care about Eunjo. If Eunjo is angry and wants a fight, OK, YooA will agree at once.

"By the way, who Son Eunho? He's not in this school right?" Mimi asks.

"Yep. I heard he's in another school, but I don't know which. Why don't you asks the guys from D-12? They know everything in the world?" YooA suggests.

"Actually I'm not interested. But yeah, I want to. Wait for me!" Mimi leaves her desk and walks straight forward to the corridor.

"OK. I need a nap now." 

When YooA is about to lie on her desk, a person comes and taps on her shoulder.

"Yah Yoo Shiah, do you know talking about somebody else's family like that is disgustingly rude?"

It's Son Eunjo.

"What?"

"You said I acted as if my family was killed. So is there anybody in your family killed?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Have you seen your brother killed in front of you?"

"Excuse me, I don't have a brother."

"I don't care how big or how small your family is, but I hope nobody has died because of your curse!"

"Oh, so you've been talking about your brother?" Now YooA stands up face-to-face to Eunjo. "If you think I was a part of that case, then you're dead wrong! I don't care how your brother is beaten, but I care about how you're gonna be beaten! You think you're challenging me? Isn't that just to obvious?"

"I...mean..." Eunjo is about to respond something fierce, but she decides not to. "OK, I'm sorry. I won't talk to you in such manner again." She knows she's not bold enough to face YooA. She doesn't want YooA to give a curse on her, like she did to somebody.

YooA goes back to her desk and nap. But before she can nap, again, something disturbs her.

It's her phone.

"Haiz! What now?"

 

ABC just now
Hello Yoo Shiah! You don't deserve to be the queen anymore. You'll be declassed.

 

"What the hell? ABC?"

 

(Class D-12, break time)

In class D-12, which is not very famous, because there aren't many bright people, nerdy students usually sit in class and study while naughty boys or gossip girls hang out in the corridor or in the yard. But seems like all the members of D-12 are very smart and know everything.

When Mimi is coming from the stair, some boys have spotted her and the whole gang come gather in front of the class and greet her solemnly, since she's the big boss.

"Good morning, Kim noona!" They bow 90 degrees sharp. "What can we help you?"

"Good. Very sync."

"Thank you."

It is surprising that these boys get on very well with Mimi. It's not sure that they are bullies or not, but if they were, they would have been hit by Mimi at least once.

"Does anybody know about Son Eunho?"

"Son Eunho? Yes, I do!" A boy enthusiastically says.

"What's so famous about him?"

"But he's dead, noona!"

"Just tell me about him!" Mimi shouts.

"Yes. I will. He was a senior at TS High school. His grades were flawlessly straight 100's. He joined many national organization and got famous for his talents and personality. But at his school, he didn't receive much respect. I heard that because his fame effaced other student's achievement, because they are exellent students too. The tension in the school rose and then he was bullied by a group of schoolboys."

"That's it?"

"Yes, that's all I know because last year I went to that school."

"Haiz!" Mimi throws a punch at the boy. "Saying like you I could have asked any girl in my class and get the same information!"

"So you already knew about him?"

"Of course! His younger sister is in my class, and she wept for the whole period talking about her dead brother."

"Son Eunjo, right?" Another boy asks.

"Exactly!"

"Then we know somebody else you can help you." The gang points at a boy studying in the corner of the class. "Seo Youngjoon!"

"Seo Youngjoon? That nerd?"

"He may look like a nerd, but we promise, he's an admin, so his knowledge is even greater than ours. We heard that there was a time he was at TS too. You can ask him."

"Haiz, this bunch of losers!"

She gives each one of the gang a fist on the head and quickly goes back to her class. Her fist trembles as she can't know further about the case. The phone in her pocket suddenly rings that gives her a shock.

"This again!"

 

ABC just now
Hello Kim Mihyun! You don't deserve to be the boss anymore. You'll be demoted.

 

"What the hell?"


Author's note:

1. The clues are getting clearer and clearer. Minha's case is actually more popular than you thought and there are more people involved. How did it happen? How did our girls deal with it?

2. ABC comes back now. He sends message directly to our girls. What does he mean? What is his next plan?

3. Son Eunho's case will be featured in the third story of this trilogy. What does Seo Youngjoon have to do with this?

4. Quote of the chapter: We are who we choose to be. (Green Goblin)