The Unexpected

I've Got Some News For You

(This is written in third person perspective)

 

“Hyejin-ah, will he be okay soon? His eyes are not opening yet..”

“He will, Wheein-ah. Um, I hope so, soon. The doctor said he just needs to rest for a while,”

“But, Hyejin, this is not ‘a while’ anymore...”

“Well.. just wait for it. By the way, Wheein, couple of days ago was the first time I saw the real Moonbyul Oppa! You should see him in such a formal attire and delivering a serious arguments.. He is really cool and smart and calm and charismatic and y and ‘lil arrogant at the same time! Really different from Byul Oppa I know,”

“Ah, really? It was when you were with him meeting the VP?”

“Yes, I was there with him. I couldn’t concentrate myself on noting the meeting, because he’s beyond adorable. Aaah, Wheein-ah, I really want to see him like this too in his daily life, I would have a crush on him you know?!”

“Wow.. I don’t know if he has such “the second personality”, but I heard that he has a lot of fans in his major. My friend said that he is one of the outstanding students in the law school. No wonder, girls are crazy for him you know..”

“Hmm.. we are not that close to him. Maybe because we don’t know him that long,”

“Well, yes. Only Yongsun Noona does. At first, I thought they were in a special relationship you know!! Apparently, both of them are denying it!”

“Really? They would make the cutest couple I think! They could be that lovey-dovey couple on the street or even Mr. & Mrs. Smith. They care for each other eventhough sometimes fighting like the world war,”

“I agree with you, Hyejin-ah! I don’t get it why they aren’t in a relationship yet. Or maybe they were once and broke up?”

“I think they are in a secret relationship. Um.. No no, but Yongsun Eonnie now is really close to Eric-ssi. I saw them on campus together very often recently,”

“Ahhh, Hyejin, would that be the third person? But I don’t think Yongsun Eonnie is that kind of person. Or does she want to make Byul Oppa jealous?”

“Well.. that could be. Aaah! Maybe this is the way Yongsun Eonnie encourages Byul Oppa to express his love more,”

“That could be as well.. Hyejin-ah, we have a lot of these theories and conclude them ourselves! Hahahaha!”

“Yes, you’re right! We won’t be 100% right. By the way Wheein, after seeing Byul Oppa fainted just like that, the first person I call was Yongsun Eonnie, not 119,”

“Ah, really?”

“Yes, for real. You should know that Yongsun Eonnie took care of all of the administrative thing after that, all of the procedures,”

“Wow.. Where is his family by the way? I guess Yongsun Eonnie knows Byul Oppa very much.. It’s a nice of her taking care of Byul Oppa really well,”

“That’s the point! Does Byul Oppa still have got his family?”

“Are you saying that he’s an orphan? Or maybe his family is super busy?”

“Wheein-ah, here we go again making theories! Hahahaha,”

“Oh, yeah yeah, we should stop now. Kukukuku,”

 

Hyejin and Wheein's conversation keeps on going. From talking about Moonbyul, they decided to change the topic about make-ups, current fashion, food, zombies, dinosaur, and many other random things.

 

Not too long after that, Moonbyul’s eyes slowly open. His head is still leaving a dizzy sensation. He feels uncomfortable on his left hand since he has been infused. It takes time for him to collect himself together and realizing his dongsaengs staring at him curiously, or more confusedly.

“Wheein, I told you he will wake up soon,”

“Yes, but, why is he kind of moony?”

“Because it’s his name! Moony Byulyi!” Hyejin’s joke is not funny. But Wheein tries her best to free her unique laugh.

 

“Hey.. Ah.. hey.. where am I?!?! Why am I like this?!?!?” Moonbyul is finally sober. He's looking at himself and the needle impaling on his body. He’s rather confused with the current situation.

“Oppa, please stay still and don’t move carelessly, you are in infusion!” Wheein says. “You are now in a hospital, Hyejin said that you were fainted just after you guys met Mr. Kim,”

 

Moonbyul’s giving the stare of unexpected. He’s rather not believe in Wheein.

“Yes, Oppa, you were losing your consciousness, all of the sudden. The doctor said that you were too tired, because of that, your body cannot function really well and.. um.. some parts of your body decided to shut down automatically...,”

 

Moonbyul’s thought is still somewhere else. He’s trying to cope with the whole body to respond to the two girls. He’s trying to remember the cause to his faint.

 

“Ah, I fainted. Maybe because I had not been sleeping for a week before. Well, yes, I guess so,”

“WHAT?!?!?” The two girls are shocked. “Oppa, are you kidding me? Why wouldn’t you sleep for a week?!?!” Hyejin asked.

“Well.. I mean not properly sleeping, I took sometimes like an hour or two to take a nap. I’ve got a lot of things to do, I was having mid term exams, school tasks, reviews, writings for our press, and volunteering and the deadlines were close to each other, so yeah.. you know, student’s thing.”

“I thought you were fainted because the big mouth Taewoo was spitting on you! Hahaha!” Hyejin is throwing a joke again, making both of them laughing.

“That is.. rough. The doctor said that you have to take some good rests and eat healthy food for later, don’t push yourself really hard. You gotta treat yourself better from now on, Oppa!!” Wheein said while trying to cheer Moonbyul.

“Well,  yeah.. yeah.. I will try, I will try,” Moonbyul answered, half-heartedly.

 

“Oppa, Yongsun Eonnie was here before you woke up. She’s cheering you to get well soon,” Hyejin said.

“Well, say thank you to her. Where is she now?”

“Say it yourself!” Wheein is sticking her tongue out. “She said that she had an appoinment. But I’d rather say that it’s a date, because she’s seeing Eric Oppa!” As usual, Wheein is teasing Moonbyul with this this love topic.

“Ah, an appoinment?” Moonbyul’s head suddenly becomes so dizzy he can’t handle it. It might be because of the weakness of his body, or his body is giving a sign of rejection after hearing such news.  “Aihhh, my headache..”

 

“I told you, Oppa! Eric Oppa is surpassing you!!” Wheein is making fun of him and Hyejin follows her to laugh.

“Aish, what’s with you guys. By the way, when is it now?” Moonbyul’s trying to change the topic, smoothly.

“It’s Saturday, 8 PM now. By the way, you’ve been hibernating for 3 days, Oppa!” Hyejin answered.

Wait, what.. It’s Saturday already? Wait, it’s Saturday?! Yongsun Noona and that Eric guy are having an appoinment on Saturday night? Could that be a dating? Damn you Eric guy surpassing me while I’m sleeping! No no no, Byul, it’s time for you to.. cooperate with yourself first, think about yourself just for today, you need to recover soon to take back the princess.

 

“Hey, I’m hungry. Is there anything that I can eat? Have you guys eaten?”

“Wait, Oppa, I will call the nurse to get you some food. I think it’s better for us to order food too, Hyejin, what do you think?” Wheein responded Byul.

“That’s right. I’ll go get the delivery man then,”

 

30 minutes later, the food arrives and all of them start eating. Moonbyul’s dishes are plain milk, slices of melon, soup, baked chicken, and rice, typical hospital meals. Meanwhile, Wheein and Hyejin order a big bucket of fried chicken. Three of them are eating and chit-chatting really well, from a very random topic to bullying the senior. Moonbyul’s night is not as quiet as usual. In spite of the dongsaeng’s neverending lame jokes and intimidations, Byul is always grateful for knowing them. The piece of stiff Byul is balancing with the super dynamic Hyejin and Wheein. The ticking of 10 PM ends their warmth, Hyejin and Wheein have to go back home, while Moonbyul has to continue his rest.

 

While Moonbyul’s dwelling in his dream, a girl enters the room and checks his condition, whether it has been better or worse. It’s such a relief for her to know that Moonbyul’s finally woke up, eventhough now he continues sleeping. She has been accompanying him these past three nights, on the side of the bed watching him unconciously laying down, regularly checking his temperature and infusion, fall asleep on the chair next to his bed, comfort herself on the couch in the corner of the room while reading the materials for her exam or anything that can be read, or just trying to have a better sleep. But nobody knows what she has  done, because she is the legendary, unexpected Kim Yongsun.

 

---

 

(Back to Moonbyul’s point of view again!)

 

A couple of days later, I am fully recovered. I am now able to do my activity in campus. As usual, the first place I visit before going to class is the university wall magazine. I am so shock and furious at the same time reading a news about myself.

 

“WORKING TOO HARD IN THE SCHOOL CLUB ‘CAUSING UNCONCIOUSNESS, NOT GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH!

*picture of Moonbyul fainted on the floor*

Sleeping on the floor level : Moonbyul the Journalist

*articles*”

 

This must be that big mouth jackass!! Who else would that be?! That coward is writing anonymously! I take the poster from the board harshly and tear it apart. I am trying so hard to hold myself together. If I ever meet him again, I will rip himself into this *n pieces. My fury eyes don’t stop there. I find out who Eric Nam is. He turns out to be the new President of the Student Executive Board. I am a little bit upset with myself, how can I not pay attention to the politics inside my campus. I am questioning myself as a journalist. But, nevermind, this Nam guy is not important to my life. I take his poster as well, but I don’t tear it. I am crumpling and trampling it down. Don’t worry, I am an environmentalist, I am fully aware that it has to be thrown to the trash bin.

GODDAMNIT!!

 

 

 

 


 

FYI, Mr. & Mrs. Smith is Brad Pit's and Angelina Jolie's action movie. If you haven't watched this, it's good to try!