Six

The Juveniles.

Classes has started for the juniors after their short break leaving most of them grumpy, but not the Golden since he would spend the remaining hours with Sooyoung by his side, admiring her while leaning on his desk.

 

"Sooyoung"

 

The girl he called was busy finishing her assignment that she didn't happen to finish last night.

 

"Do you want to have ice cream after school?"

 

The good had stopped writing and took a deep breath before turning her head to Jungkook, "You know my answer to that"

 

"So, it's a yes?"

 

"Jungkook"

 

"What? You're rejecting me because of your friend?"

 

Sooyoung dropped her head.

 

"Sooyoung, if you're pushing me just because of Yeri, I won't stop. At least give me a proper reason on why were you rejecting me" Jungkook had lost his patience once more.

 

All attention was on theirs. Jungkook's voice wasn't loud, it was more of a hiss but still he managed to capture their attention.

 

"Okay" Sooyoung panicked, "I'll tell you after school" She excused herself after to think of an excuse but on her way there, she encountered her (ex) best friend.

 

"Yeri" She immediately called, hopeful that she'll look back.

 

The brat stopped and looked at her, "Are you having fun, Soo?"

 

"Yeri, you know that I don't"

 

"That's what you say Sooyoung. You know you could fool everyone, Jungkook but not me"

 

"Yeri, let's not get those things between us" Sooyoung pleaded.

 

"How, Sooyoung? How can we do that?"

 

"I don't know. Just... Please"

 

"You know there's only one way, Soo" Yeri started to walk away when Sooyoung said, "I'll do it. Yeri. I'll do it"

 

"Then Goodluck" She said one last time and went to her class.

 

The bell rang and the boy couldn't get more excited since Sooyoung has finally agreed to go out with him. Even though he knows that it will probably break his heart after, he's still happy that they are going on a date.

 

"Let's go" Their physics teacher isn't even done with her final remarks when the golden had already stood up and grabbed her hand.

 

"Huh?" She was confused, "But, Professor Shin isn't done yet"

 

"The bell rang" He pointed out.

 

"But-" "Ay" Jungkook couldn't wait anymore so he grabbed Sooyoung's bag and pulled her out of the classroom and started running out of gates.

 

"Hyung, I'll take her home before 9!!!" Jungkook shouted as they passed by the couple.

 

"MAKE SURE TO BRING HER COMPLETE!!! OR ELSE I'LL KILL YOU" The brother threatened.

 

They found themselves on a park with winds cooling their faces and a kids playing around.

 

"Tadah" Jungkook handed Sooyoung an ice cream with mixed flavors of Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla.

 

"Thank you" Sooyoung smiled before accepting it.

 

"Ice cream today tastes good" The guy joked as he his ice cream.

 

Sooyoung looked at him and she could tell that the boy was very happy. She tasted it for herself before she could agree to Jungkook.

 

"Jungkook" She said.

 

Jungkook took a deep breath and looked around, "Ah! Shall we talk about it after this? I don't think the ice cream would taste the same if you're going to drop anything right now"

 

"Yeri and I, grew up together just like Jimin Oppa and Taehyung Oppa. We've done everything before, we shared basically everything before and I treated her as my real sister, Jungkook. She saved me from being bullied when I was a kid from being fat and all" Contradicting Jungkook's request, Sooyoung started her speech, "But one day, she liked this kid named, Lee Taeyeong that happens to be living around our neighborhood. He looks like a guy that came out from a manga, that's how good looking he is. At first, I didn't know that Yerim liked him. So, unconsiously, I happened to like this guy as well"

 

There was a pinch on Jungkook's heart when he saw how Sooyoung adored this guy when they were still a kid.

 

"So we grew closer to him and one day, I don't know, this sounds funny, knowing that we're just bunch of kids back then but he confessed... To me. In front of Yerim since he thought that we're all good friends and I would never forget the look on her face that moment. She was about to cry but then she still forces herself to smile, so I said, no to Taeyong.... After that, she lost confidence to herself, thinking that I'm always better, though, we still treat each other as friends then you came and that's when she found a reason to stop our friendship"

 

"So, you mean-"

 

"Yes, Jungkook, it wasn't entirely your fault"

 

"What are you planning now?" He looked Sooyoung and the girl just sighed and looked on her unfinished ice cream.

 

"I'm going give what you want" Jungkook scoffed and turned his look on the kids.

 

"I'm sorry Jungkook. I have to reject you again. Maybe, it isn't the right time, Jeon"

 

"I understand, Soo, but, have you ever considered me for once?" He hesitated a bit.

 

"I would lie if I would tell you that you stand no chance"

 

He was shocked upon hearing this. He always knew he stood no chance because she was very convincing in pushing him away, rejecting him.

 

A moment of silence enveloped the atmosphere. Only the giddy kids, parents calling them were heard but Jungkook's heart has been pounding so hard that he could clearly hear it and that's when he also realized what did Jimin told him,  "Don't worry, you're not that far, Jungkook. All you have to do is wait"

 

"I'll wait for you, Soo. I don't care if it would take 10 years but, I'll wait until your friend gives up on me and by then we could be together"

 

"I'm not stopping you, but, please tell me when you'll reach your limit because the truth is, waiting is hard. We might end up like Wendy Unnie and Hoseok Oppa"

 

"We'll make it work" He looked at Sooyoung and smiled at her, determined to wait for her how long it will take.