Seventeen

The Juveniles.

“Sooyoung-ah” Jungkook called Sooyoung while walking home.

 

“What are you doing in here, Jungkook?” The girl gasped and looked around.

 

“I’m here to ask you to be my date in Jin Hyung’s birthday, is that okay with you?”

 

The girls stopped on her tracks and faced Jungkook with an angry face, “Are you insane? You do know that that is a party of the Kims and yet you want us to go together?! Are you kidding me?”

 

“It’s not the Kim’s birthday, Soo. It’s Jin Hyung’s birthday. Maybe if it was Yeri’s then I might take it into consideration, but no. It is Jin Hyung’s” Jungkook explained.

 

“If you’re going to be like this then I won’t come”

 

“Then I won’t as well” 

 

---

It’s still early in the morning and the Kim household is already preparing for Jin’s birthday. Maids were bringing things needed from here to there. Seokjin woke up first and was greeted by the housemaids a good morning and a happy birthday in which he thanked back. He saw his parents already seating on the dining table, reading newspapers and drinking coffee.

 

“Good Morning Mom, Dad”

 

“Son, happy birthday!” Mr. Kim lowered his newspaper and gave Seokjin a warm smile, “I thought you’ll be enjoying your free day today by spending your time, sleeping”

 

“No Dad. Then half of my special day would go on waste” Seokjin replied while sitting down on his usual chair.

 

“My dear, happy happy birthday” Her mom stood up to kiss Seokjin’s head and give him a tight hug. “Am I going to expect a special someone later?”

 

“Huh?” He asked but a sly smile is plastered on his face.

 

“Son, don’t tell me you’re gonna-” Even his dad was speechless. To be honest, Seokjin never introduced someone to his family. Now that he’s getting old, his old folks only wishes for him is to find someone whom she’ll love in the mean time, at least if he’s not yet ready for marriage.

 

“Yes, Dad. You’ll be meeting her later though I’m hoping you not to expect anything” He muffled a thanks to the servant who gave him his morning coffee.

 

“Of course. Whoever loves my son will be gladly accepted here in the family” Her mom gave him a warm smile and held his hand.

 

“Thank you, Mom and Dad” Seokjin smiled back.

 

Meanwhile, inside the goddesses’ unit was peaceful. Seulgi, together with Jimin were still sleeping and yes, Jimin had spent the night. Seungwan was already cooking breakfast for Joohyun who’s already preparing for school. It was a Saturday but Joohyun needs to be at school for the yearbook revisions.

 

“Joohyun, are you sure you don’t need a helping hand?” Seungwan asked once more as her eyes dances in watching her bestfriend rushing here and there.

 

“No, it’s okay. All of the committee would be in there” She replied.

 

“Well, come on let’s eat breakfast” Seungwan invited and put a plate of Korean omelette in the table.

 

Joohyun took her seat and drank her water, “I hope I could just stay with you and watch Korean dramas”

 

“Nah. I’ll be watching Game of Thrones” Seungwan pouted.

 

“Psh. You and your American series in which you could only understand” Joohyun chuckled and had her first bite.

 

“But seriously, I just wanna spend an entire day and night with you and Seulgi. Although we’re always together, I do feel that I missed you. Both of you”

 

“I know. Even if we see each other everyday, we barely hangout” Seungwan agreed.

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t be your crying shoulder when it comes to Hoseok” Joohyun apologized but Seungwan only smiled at her, “It’s okay and I’m sorry about Taehyung too. I guess we’re just to occupied with them that we forgot to support each other”

 

“You’re right. Well at least, Seulgi is happy” Joohyun smiled bitterly.

 

“We’ll be happy too. In time” Seungwan smiled and looked seriously at Joohyun who’s busy wating, “I’m going back to Canada. For good”

 

Joohyun stopped and her face turned pale, “Mwo?”

 

“I had decided that being in here in Korea would kill me” Seungwan sniffed and drank her water, “Korea reminds me of home and home reminds me of Hobi and now that we’re done, I just feel like, it’s getting harder for me to breathe every time I see him and already imagining him with someone else, I felt being stabbed”


“Wan-ah…”

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll finish our last year in here and in college, I’ll be starting a new in there and meet new people, you know” Seungwan shrugged, “I haven’t told my family yet so, nothing’s final. Why are you crying? Joohyun it’s early in the morning” Seungwan’s tears also fell as Joohyun sobbed.

 

“I just feel like, everyone who loves me is leaving me. I only have you guys. I’m not a social butterfly and I’m gonna stay here until I graduate college and that’s the only time I would be going back to Daegu. Seulgi has Jimin and for all I know they’ll be living in one roof once they reach college, you’re going back to Canada, you’ll have your family with you and I don’t have someone. I am tired, Seungwan. Really tired”

 

Seungwan stood up and hugged Joohyun, “Even if we’re miles apart, I’ll always be beside you, Joo. Never forget that”

 

“Why are you both crying early in the morning?” Seulgi asked with confusion.

 

“Babe- woah there ladies, what happened?” Jimin came to a stop when she saw two ladies crying.

 

“Is there something you wanna tell me?”  Seulgi tilted her head.

 

Seungwan breathed in deeply, “Nothing we’re just crying over our sad life. Both of you sit down, I’ll get your plates”

 

“Joo.. is there..”

 

“She’ll leave Korea, for good. Don’t tell her that I told you. Let her tell you” Joohyun said in a whisper.

 

“Here’s your breakfast” Seungwan smiled as if nothing happened and that bothered Seulgi a lot. As well as Jimin.

 

“Thank you” He said and elbowed Seulgi not to be too obvious, “We’ll eat well, Wan!” Seulgi cheered.

 

Knock knock.

 

“Is she coming?” Namjoon asked his youngest brother.

 

Taehyung shook his head and wore his coat, “Jin hyung said no”

 

Namjoon nodded, “You made your decision huh? I’ll support you, no matter what.”

 

Taehyung didn’t say anything and buttoned his sleeves. “I just hope, you won’t regret it. They are already waiting downstairs”