Ahyoon I

Pieces

"Let’s break up.” I could hear myself trembling when I said it.

"Are you out of your mind right now? Why in the hell would you want to break up with me now?” He questioned harshly.

"You know what you’ve done to me. I just can’t bear it anymore. Let’s free us both from this relationship.” I said and he had already hung up on me

 

I couldn’t stop my tears anymore. He is still so harsh to me till the very end. Looking at all the cards he gave me, it just seems so ironic how we ended up like this.

"Happy one month Ahyoon. My little angel and forever my angel…….’

"Happy one year. Meeting you is the best thing in my life. There will be more years coming……..”

 

We have dated for more than 2 years already. We are each other’s first love. Suho came from a doctor family and his parents always pressured him to become a doctor as well. He is smart and hardworking, a perfectionist when it comes to academic work. Suho and Soujin wanted to go to the same college and the same program, unintentionally. They studied together pretty often, helping each other with college application process. I believe there is nothing going on in between them. I mean, Soujin is one of my closest friends after all.

 

My grade is never at their level. I am probably a little below average. There is nowhere I can get into the prestigious school they were aiming at. Soujin and I kind of drifted apart during senior year because she was always busy studying with Suho. I know there was nothing going on between them but I still can’t help to be jealous. Soohyun decided on the same college after researching, but a different program. Soohyun put her focus on extracurricular since her classes were not as rigorous as Soujun and Suho. Soujin, especially, chose the most rigorous program in our school. She said she has to get into that school and this program guarantee her the most. She encouraged me to join her so I can be in advantage when applying. However, I decline her because I don’t think I can make it through like her and now I really regret it.

 

Their hard work paid off. Suho, Soujin and Soohyun ended up in their dream school, while I ended up going to a very average school that’s close to their dream school regional wise. However, Soujin and Soohyun never looked down at me. Soujin was the one who helped me gather all the information when I told her I wanted to transfer to their school after first year.
 

And I made it.

 

However, now I am ending my relationship with Suho. I tried hard to forgive him but I can never forget what happened.
 

Beeeepp. My phone rang.
 

"Wanna grab a dinner with me tomorrow? I found a really cute place I think you will like it.” from Soujin
 

"Sure.” I replied. I need someone to distract me anyways
 

The restaurant is really cute she sure knows my taste well.

 

"So, how are you and Suho? Feel like we haven't talk in a while. " Soujin asked me. She picked the best time to ask me this question; I mentally noted myself

"Hmm. Not so good I guess. haha." frocing myself to laugh

" What happened?" she asked me again

" We broke up." I managed to answer

" I see. Not that surprising. You are finally tired of his anger management problem" she said calmly

" Not just that." I replied and take a deep breathe "He did something horrible."

.

.

.

.

" He cheated."