Twist 6

In Another World

Twist 6 – Harvest by Toshiyuki Mori

선물 – (seon-mul) means present or gift/

기다려 – (gidaryeo) means wait

살여 주세요 – (salyeo juseyo); means help me; literally means give me my life

제발 – (jebal); please

 

“Sungkyung-ssi!” Jiwon waves her hand at the female transferee and runs to her. “Omo, there isn’t any more free seats, hmmm,” she pretends to think while looking around. “Ah! There’s a space over there, let’s go!” She drags Sungkyung who gives an irritated look towards her.

 

“Guys! Look who I’ve brought hehe. Meet Sungkyung! She’s also a transferee like you guys! You should make friends with her okay?” She smiles at them.

 

Their eyes widen for a moment. Jungkook drops his chopsticks due to shock or shyness or whatever that makes Jungkook drop his chopsticks. Rapmon glares at Jiwon for bringing a stranger to their table. Suga just scoffs at the situation and Jimin looks at his hyung as if calculating what Suga’s scoff meant. J-hope chokes but no one helps him no matter how freaky the sounds he was emitting were. V stops eating for a second then proceeds to tap J-hope’s back. Jin, who seemed to be the calmest of them all, nods at Sungkyung. The guys shared a look that lasted for a second then J-hope, who came back from his near-death experience, smiled at female transferee.

 

“Uh sure. Hey Sung- what was it again?” J-hope asks V who whispered the new girl’s name back at J-hope. “Yeah, Sungkyung. Take a seat. I’m J-hope by the way.” Sungkyung just shrugs and sits down. She started eating without waiting for the rest of the guy’s introduction. Rapmon snorts at the girl’s indifferent and rude behaviour then glares at Jiwon once more.

 

“She’s shy I guess. Don’t worry, I think you’ll be close friends soon! Oh, look at the time. I must go. Goodbye! Enjoy your meal! Thanks for the cake, SUGA.” Jiwon gives an emphasis with Yoongi’s name. Then gives her signature smile and leaves to her destination.

 

Suga smirks at how Jiwon acted. So you think this is fun huh? Gidaryeo. Just wait, Yoo Jiwon.

 

---

 

Jiwon skips towards her next class. She’s having fun just by thinking how the transferees would interact with each other. Just thinking about their awkwardness, Jungkook’s to be exact, makes her giggle. Oh, she is having so much fun. Just then, she bumps into someone. Oopmf. This idiot.Ugh.

 

She looks up just to see a guy who has blood dripping from his head. Fresh blood drizzles down towards his cheeks, chin, neck and reaches his white uniform. Jiwon feels unsettling in her stomach just by the sight. The smell of the blood doesn’t do any better and fills her lungs. What the heck. What the heck!

 

Jiwon can taste the strawberries that she ate a few moments ago. She runs toward the nearest washroom which happens to be the male washroom but she didn’t care. As if Jiwon would care. She enters an empty cubicle, ignoring the stunned looks that the guys were giving her, and throws up everything that she ate. Tears form in her eyes as memories from the past replayed like some kind of a trailer. She hears ringing in her ears, not noticing the burst of knocks on the cubicle’s door. It’s amazing how our senses can trigger memories. How the smell of blood can cause this much agony to Jiwon.

 

Normally, Jiwon would say bad things toward the literally bloody guy. But during the situation, she can’t stop her tears from flowing as her heart beat speeds up. After she threw up all her food, Jiwon seems to forget how to breathe. Salyeojuseyo! Salyeojuseyo! She screams in her mind while striking the door.

 

“Sal-salyeojuseyo. Jebal salyeojuseyo.” Jiwon says weaklessly. Get me out of here. Let me out!

 

“Jiwon! Jiwon-ah! Calm down! Sunbae’s here, okay? Everything’s gonna be fine. Just calm down.” Lay says in a calm manner then the door opens. Light shines Jiwon’s tear-stained face. Her eyes shout of desperation. Yixing tries to show a calm face but after seeing Jiwon’s state, he couldn’t help but get worried. Just what happened to you, Jiwon-ah?

 

Jiwon bawls when Yixing hugged her. “Sunbae. Sunbae,” that was all that she could say until she lost consciousness.

 

Hours passed and the day is almost ending. Rumors have filled the whole campus about what happened to the famous Yoo Jiwon.

 

Yixing stays with Jiwon in the infirmary and couldn’t leave her since Jiwon held his hand firmly, not that he would leave even if she held onto him lightly. Seeing Jiwon in her most vulnerable state makes him want to protect her.

 

“Sunbae.” Jiwon’s coarse voice alerts Lay who immediately offers water. Her eyes are swollen from crying and her voice is opposite from her bubbly tone. She sees her sunbae and remembers what just happened. Jiwon wonders how messy she must look now and how much messier she must have looked during the spectacle. Thoughts pass by her mind as she drinks water but she’s just too tired to make more commentaries about her stupidity. She just wants to rest.

 

“You should go home and rest. I’ll bring you to the dorm.” Jiwon didn’t argue anymore and just gave a polite nod to Lay. Throughout the walk to her dorm, she stared aimlessly.

 

Lay is not used to the glassy eyes of Jiwon and tries to converse with her. However, his efforts didn’t seem to make a change in Jiwon’s condition. Finally, they reached the dorm and he waits until she is inside the building before going back to the campus. Being a reliable sunbae figure who doesn’t disappoint, Lay explains in the best way that he could to the teachers about Jiwon’s situation, even if he himself didn’t have a single idea on what that was about.

 

Jiwon climbs the stairs lifelessly. She doesn’t notice the noise that floors 2 and 3 make nor the eeriness from the 4th and 5th floor. She has always been sensitive to sounds but now, she can’t seem to hear anything. Anything but her heartbeat that doesn’t seem to slow down. It is so quick that it reminds her of horses. She almost smiled at the thought of horses and sugar cubes and whatnot. Almost. Jiwon just wants to enjoy the serenity that her room gives her. Her sanctuary. She reaches for her keys and notices that she left her keys. What is life?

 

“Of all things to forget.” She uselessly twists the doorknob several times as if in the fifth twist it would magically open up. Knowing that her efforts are useless, she sits on the floor and decides to wait until a janitor or the dorm manager would pass by, which is kinda rare considering that they are on the top most floor. She decides to twist the knob one more time. Just then, the door opened.

 

“WHAT THE F---? WHAT THE ACTUAL F---?!” Jiwon, who rarely swears, swore when she opened her door and sees a Lee Sungkyung standing in her room. Her own effing room.