Twist 4

In Another World

Common Korean words section! Note: only some will be used in this chapter :)

형 Hyeong/Hyung (read as "young" with an 'h' sound in front) - what a male calls an older male; indicates closeness between the two
누나 Nuna/Noona (read as "noon-a") - what a male calls an older female; indicates closeness between the two
오빠 Oppa - what a female calls an older male; indicates closeness between the two
언니 Eonni/Unnie (read as "aun-i" like aunt without the 't' sound) - 
what a female calls an older female; indicates closeness between the two
동생 Dongsaeng (read as "dong-sang" like sang, past tense of sing) - someone who is younger; stands alone and should not be added at the end of names unlike the other words in this portion
메롱 Merong (read as meh-rong) - sound in Korean used to tease by sticking out one's tongue

 


 

Twist 4

 

The match ends with the team of transferees losing by only 3 points. Everyone in the gym cheers as the two teams shake each other's hands. 

 

Suga seems a bit annoyed with the game. Losing by only a couple of points is really a pity. However, he feels glad that at least in this school there's someone who is decent enough to play with him. It has been a while since he has played a good match, hell he can't even remember that last time he held a basketball. 

 

The rest of the transferees are also quite happy with the result of the match. Even though they did little to no help during the game, seeing the happy look on Suga's face is enough. 

 

Jin gives some water to his younger friends. "This school isn't as bad as we thought, right?" 

 

"Yes. I actually thought they would be like the previous schools, but I guess they’re okay." Namjoon answers after giving some thought. Jin nods.

 

Jimin wipes his sweat using the back of his hand then faces Yoongi. "Hyung, don't you think I've improved?" He says with an eye smile. 

 

"Wipe the idiotic look on your face," Yoongi says while pretending to be annoyed and throwing his towel at Jimin. "The day you'll be good at basketball is the day that I won't wake up grumpily."

 

"But hyung, you always wake up grumpily!" Jimin protests. 

 

"Exactly my point, Jimin." Suga says with a smug smile. Though his friends are really silly, he enjoys to be with them. This group of guys with multi-colored hair has been his family for the past year. Though he doesn't show it that much, he cares for them in his own ways. 

 

Jimin whines then laughs. Jin and Namjoon gives a small smile at what Suga said. Jungkook, V, and J-Hope, laughs at the antics of their friends while resting on the bench.

 

At the back of Jungkook’s mind lies an innocent thought. It would be nice if we’ll be like this forever. No interruptions, just my hyungs and I having fun. Maybe this school would be a good change for us.

 

Taehyung sees the look on Jungkook’s face and asks, “What’s on your mind?”

 

“Nothing hyung, I just thought that going here isn’t actually a bad idea.” The kid answers while looking at his hyung.

 

“What’s this? Are you having a moment now? Should I go?” J-Hope teases his dongsaengs. Taehyung pretended to hit his hyung. Jungkook laughs and shouts a “Merong!” while sticking his tongue out at J-Hope.

 

At the other side of the court, Lay walks to Jiwon.

 

“Looks like you enjoyed the game a lot, Lay Sunbae,” Jiwon says as she hands him a bottle of water, which she got from the bench. She notices the way Yixing’s sweat hang by the end of his eyelashes and his cheeks turned pink due to the adrenaline rush from the game.

 

He should get a towel or something. It seems hot. Wait, not hot that is y, okay! I mean literally hot. Gosh why the hell am I explaining to myself?

 

Lay smiles at Jiwon before drinking. He almost spits out his drink when Jiwon dabbed a towel on his face. He isn’t a very touchy person so he gets shocked by the way Jiwon acted. He regains composure after finishing the whole bottle of water.

 

“Yes! It was really fun! I’m thinking of recruiting Yoongi as a new member of our team. Oh, by the way, have you met the transferees?” Yixing asks. Before Jiwon could answer, she gets dragged by him. Without noticing, Yixing holds Jiwon’s wrist.

 

Omo. What’s this? This feels weird. Why the hell is this day so strange?!

“Guys!” Lay says as they approach the team. “You did really well earlier,” he pats Jin at the back, releasing his hold on Jiwon’s wrist. The others give a court nod although they know that he meant that Suga did well. Gone is the group of boys who were laughing a while ago.

 

“Thanks,” Suga says, owning the praise that he deserves. Then his eyes travel to Jiwon who seems quite preoccupied with the physical contact earlier.

 

“Ah! I’d like to introduce you to Jiwon, she’s basically the nicest person here in school,” Lay says like a proud dad. Jiwon smiles awkwardly, not used to hearing the good words meant for her.

 

Suga furrows his eyebrows at Jiwon. Isn’t she the stern looking girl earlier? He looks at his friends as if wanting to ask something.

 

Jungkook notices Suga’s expression. “She’s the one who brought me to the office earlier. We’ve met her already except for Yoongi hyung.” He gestures at Yoongi slightly, as if waiting for Jiwon to introduce herself to the guy.

 

Why do I have to introduce myself first? And this guy definitely saw my normal self. How am I supposed to act around him now? This is all your fault for being careless, Jiwon! Ugh.

 

“I’m Yoo Jiwon. Sophomore. Nice to meet you.” Jiwon introduces herself in a very calm way. She decides to act neither bright nor stern.

 

Lay notices the change in Jiwon’s persona. “Are you not feeling well? You don’t seem like the normal you.” He looks at Jiwon with a very worried expression.

 

“I’m okay, Sunbae. Just a bit tired. I’ve seen him earlier, I remembered just now. Sorry for acting rude earlier. I wasn’t really feeling well.” She says her excuse in a very convincing way that made everyone believe her.

 

Except for Yoongi.

 

There’s something in him that says that the way the girl acted earlier isn’t because of her reason. She seemed very comfortable with the way she acted that even Yoongi wondered if he has seen her before in one of his fights. It was as if Jiwon wore the expression too much that it eventually suited her very well.

 

“I’m Min Yoongi. My friends call me Suga. But don’t call me that.” He says using a very flat tone.

 

How arrogant. It’s not as if I’ll ever talk to you again. Jerk.

 

Something with the Jiwon’s gaze changed. Suga notices it, being the keen person that he is. Jiwon’s look changes again in a blink of an eye.

 

“Okay. I said this earlier but I’ll say this again for the sake of…” Jiwon pauses a bit before continuing “your friend. Just approach me if you need any help.” Jiwon smiles and tries to make her voice sound cheerful, but this time the group of transferees notice the way she refused to say Suga’s name.

 

Jiwon turns to Yixing. “Lay sunbae, I have to go home. Sorry. You guys did well on your game. Don’t forget to rest!” She waves her hands at Lay and the transferees, who just nodded at her. Jiwon meets the calculating eyes of Suga, as if waiting for her to drop her act.

 

Well, past Jiwon, now you have someone watching you. Hope you’ll be proud of what you did for the present and future Jiwon. Ugh, I sound crazy.

 

Jiwon sighs as she steps out of the gym. Thinking of the possible ways that jerk would reveal her real self. Her head aches with all the things that are going on her mind, about her present situation and its effects in the future, not knowing that her past would also be entangled in this chain of events.

 


Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did. More developments will happen soon, just wait for a bit, okay? Give this slow story a chance haha. ^^

 

I'll be moving to my dorm tomorrow! It's my first time so I'm a bit afraid and nervous. Plus the separation anxiety with my family and things. ㅠㅠ If you have any suggestions about dorm life, please do tell me! It will be very much appreciated <3