Twist 5

In Another World

Twist 5

 

Jiwon grumpily wakes up at the sound of her alarm clock. A scowl can be seen on her face but she’s still somewhat glad that she can be on her own in her room. It’s her safe place. Being on the fifth floor of the girl’s dormitory, people rarely chose to be there since climbing up a lot of steps is anything but enjoyable. Jiwon also picked the room at the end of the hallway, which most girls avoided. Similarly, the other fifth floor dormers, that’s what they call the people who stay in the dorm, are the type who want to be secluded and rarely come out of their rooms. That makes the hallway always empty, much to the delight of Jiwon.

 

 

Jiwon did her routines, which, for some weird reason, did not work really well for Jiwon. When she got in the shower, cold water splashed as she turned the wrong knob. Then, she was sure that she almost turned blind when shampoo got into her eyes. Finally, when she thought everything was over, spilt juice over her PE uniform, and that’s her only PE shirt which means she has to wear it for the rest of the day.

 

 

“Gosh, how much more frustrating could this day be?” She laments as she locks her door and goes down the stairs. Oh, how little does she know about the problem that will arise when she notices her missing key.

 

 

She enters the school premises while fussing with her shirt. Jiwon was never a self-conscious person but today she’s more prone to errors and that annoys her a lot.

 

 

“Wow, it’s rare for you to have that look.” Lay teases Jiwon. Without her knowing, Jiwon shots a glare at her sunbae. She chooses not to wipe it off her face and just continued fretting with her shirt.

 

 

“The stain is so annoying. I can’t help it, Sunbae. It seems like it’s mocking me.” This is definitely the first time she revealed her typical, vexing self and it surprises her as much as Lay.

 

 

“Um, okay. Do you want me to lend you a shirt? It’s much bigger than you but I have an extra anyway since you know, basketball practices and stuff.” Yixing offered thinking that Jiwon is seriously disturbed with the stain. Jiwon releases her shirt and looks at him as if waiting for Lay to change his mind. Noticing that Lay won’t retract his offer, Jiwon contemplated if she should accept or not.

 

 

“Fine. You know that I’m normally not like this right? Just let me be a brat for a day and I’ll promise this won’t happen again.” She said in a not-so sunshine Jiwon manner. This is a breath of fresh air for both Yixing and Jiwon.

 

 

Lay walks to his locker and gives her his extra shirt. He actually liked this new side of Jiwon, it makes her seem like a little girl that has to be protected and taken care of, unlike the sunshine Jiwon who basically defines a strong and independent woman who can manage things perfectly on her own.

 

 

She accepts the shirt and bid farewell to her sunbae, who walks toward the other side of the building. For once, she actually considered letting go of her so-called sunshine act and continue showing a bit of herself.

 

 

She changes her shirt and tucks it in to make the illusion that it’s not that big for her. While thinking about showing her every part of her real real self, she sees Suga and his friends entering the room. For some reason, it reminded her the reason why she acts the way she does. She wants a normal life, and acting like her real real self would mean anything but normal. Thus, Jiwon wears on her ‘I’m-the-friendliest-person-here’ kind of smile and sits on the back corner of the room.

 

 

People would think that Suga, Namjoon, J-hope, and Jin would sit at the farthest seat people but contrary to the popular belief, they sat in front. As for the reason why they sat there: “I have a poor eyesight,” as J-hope puts it. The decision is very much to the annoyance of Yoongi who wants to get some more sleep and Namjoon who gets bored with the lectures of the teacher, being the genius guy that he is. Jin didn’t care much about where they sit and being the considerate oldest hyung, he decides that they sit in front for the sake of J-hope.

 

 

The class starts with the teacher asking the transferees to introduce their selves, which resulted in a bunch of inward squeals and judgmental looks from the other students. While they were busy with the male transferees, Jiwon’s attention is caught by a tall girl with brown-ish hair colour who is wearing something that resembles a tiara. She catches the new girl’s piercing gaze which brought a playful smile on Jiwon’s face.

 

 

“Sir! I’d like to excuse myself for a minute, I’m not feeling very well.” Jiwon cuts off the teacher, in a gleeful manner that makes Suga stare at her as if questioning what she’s doing. Jiwon walks downstairs while guessing which path would enable her to meet the new girl.

 

 

---

 

 

Unlike yesterday, Jiwon didn’t wait for the transferee to ask for her help. She volunteered to bring the girl to the office and asked questions which the new girl, Lee Sungkyung, answered monotonously. Not being satisfied with the turn of events, she goes to the clinic and decides to sleep for a while.

 

 

Clearly a confusing girl, Jiwon wants something fun for the day but rejects too much associations with other people. Not wanting people in but at the same time, not wanting people to be out of her life. What happened is just an example of Jiwon’s push and pull personality. That’s a part of her real real self.

 

 

---

 

 

Jiwon wakes up and sees that it’s already lunch break. She enters the cafeteria and she sees some of her classmates. They stand from their table and walk towards her.

 

 

“Hey, are you alright? I heard that you missed a class again.”

 

 

“I also saw you sleeping yesterday during Ms. Park’s class. I wasn’t able to approach you because my next class is quite far from our room.”

 

“You went to the clinic right? Are you okay now? Do you want me to you back to the clinic? You shouldn’t have come to class today you know.”

 

 

“Guys, I’m fine! I just had to help a transferee yesterday and another transferee today as well. Well, I did go to the infirmary afterwards but I’m fine.” She smiles.

 

 

“What you escorted those delinquents? Were you hurt?!”

 

 

“Guys stop it. You shouldn’t judge people based on their appearance.” I guess this applies to me as well. “And besides, they seem harmless.” Except for one or two, I guess haha. “I have to get my food now. You should each your lunch too.”

 

 

“About that… sorry but we don’t have extra seats on our table.” One of her classmates says in a small voice.

 

“I don’t mind sitting somewhere else. Go to your table now. I’ll be fine on my own.” Jiwon walks towards the lunch lady and waves her right hand slightly at her classmates.

Jiwon sees the lunch set of the day and the lunch lady smiles at her as Jiwon’s eyes seem to be filled with stars.

 

 

“Whaaaa! Strawberry cakes!! Halmeoni, can I get two servings of the cake?” She asks sweetly like a kid. This time, it’s not an act. Actually, much of today’s events are not part of her act. She tries to show a bit of her real self, just a tiny bit. For Jiwon, strawberries are the best thing in the world. No matter how bad her day is, as long as she can eat strawberries, then Jiwon can still bear with the messed up world she’s living in.

 

 

“Sorry, the bakeshop delivered exact slices of cakes enough for every student. But, I can add some more meat to your meal since you’re a really nice kid.” The lunch lady generously serves her meat along with rice and some of the side dishes.

 

 

She senses a tall guy beside her. “I see. They’re serving strawberry cakes huh. That’s why I can sense Jiwon-ness in this area. What do you find in strawberries anyway? You act super happy when you eat those.” Jiwon sees Lay and furrows her eyebrows.

 

 

“That’s kinda mean sunbae. What do you mean by ‘Jiwon-ness’? And don’t mock strawberries! It heals souls, you know!” She argues.

 

 

“Fine, I’ll give you my cake then. It’s nice to see that you’re back in your bright self now. I was a bit worried since you seemed drained yesterday and really frustrated earlier.” Jiwon is about to refuse Yixing’s offer then he cuts her off. “It’s okay. I don’t have time to eat desserts anyway, I still have some papers to work on.”

 

 

“Wow. This is the second time I’m accepting something from you. But, like I said, I’ll be a brat for today. Thanks, Sunbae!” Lay chuckles at Jiwon’s new side.

 

 

As expected of sunbae! Yay! Now where should I sit so I could eat my berries in peace?

 

 

“There.” She whispers and walks toward an empty table with less lighting on the corner.

 

 

The set of meal for the day seems odd with the combination of meat and strawberry cake but Jiwon doesn’t care about that. Her mind is filled with the anticipation of the taste of the strawberries.

 

 

Jiwon decides to eat one cake before her meal and then the other cake afterwards. People would’ve judged her diet but, as always, she does not care. No one can stop her from eating strawberries.

 

 

Mmmmm. This is the sweetest strawberries I’ve ever eaten! Jiwon thinks while her eyes closed. She semi-literally squeals as she eats another spoon of the cake. Then she hears several lunch trays make a noise against the table. She opens her eyes and sees people that would probably mess up with her alone time with her berries.

 

 

“Hi, Jiwon!” J-hope exclaims while sitting next to Jiwon. Jiwon has no choice but to act friendly by smiling at them. She basically ignores them and eats her strawberries. She won’t let these people ruin her moment with her berries.

 

 

Without the other people noticing, Suga, who’s sitting in front of Jiwon, is actually taking note of her actions. The way she acted very glad as she went to excuse herself made Suga more suspicious of her. Just what is your agenda? He says in his head. He also notices the way Jiwon enjoy her cake and her not touching the abundant amount of meat on her plate.

 

 

“Hey,” Yoongi calls Jiwon’s attention, much to the surprise of the other guys. Jiwon, who is too absorbed in her strawberry world, didn’t notice him. “Hey,” Yoongi calls her in a much louder voice with an accompanying kick. She looks up with a fake smile on her face. “Are you gonna eat that meat? If not, I’ll eat it then you can have my cake.”

 

 

The moment she hears the word cake, she grabs Suga’s plate of cake. Suga also gets Jiwon’s serving of meat and they both went to their own meat and strawberry worlds.

 

 

Jimin is astonished. Of course, he knows his Suga hyung’s holy food. He knows that Suga practically inhales meat. He knows that since they’ve been together (as in friends that are really close – excuse me YoonMin stans) for a few years. But what he doesn’t know is how his hyung knew that Jiwon would agree on that trade. It was as if Suga knew that Jiwon liked cakes or strawberries, Jimin doesn’t really care about her, and that irritated him. He’s very possessive of his friends and seeing that his unassertive hyung strike a conversation, or an exchange for that matter, disturbed him a lot.

 

 

The rest of the guys sense the way Jimin tensed up. They know that Jimin is the closest to Suga and that probably alerted him but they just let the matter go, thinking that it won’t cause something big in the future anyway.

 

 

Jiwon finishes her third cake without any more disturbances. She’s surprised when Suga offered to exchange food but since it’s a favourable trade, she immediately agreed. Jiwon stands up without saying goodbye to the guys, letting them eat in peace. As she places the tray and plates on the dishwashing area, she sees the new girl, Sungkyung, who seems to not have a place to eat her food. An amusing thought passed by Jiwon’s head. She looks at the table of the other transferees.

 

 

If the new girl didn’t give me satisfaction earlier, then I’ll make a way so that I’ll be satisfied. Now, should I give the boys a present? A new friend is a present, right? Or not. Hehe. It’s more exciting this way. The more conflict the better. 

 

Preview of twist 6

 

 

“WHAT THE F---? WHAT THE ACTUAL F---?!”

 


 

College started 2 weeks ago and the net here in the dorm is not that stable so...

Sorry for the mispelt words!