Twist 1

In Another World

Italics says what Jiwon is thinking.

Quoted sentences are what she actually said.


Twist 1

 

Bang

She runs as far as she could trusting her feet to bring her somewhere safe, a place where all would stop. She just wants everything to stop.

Bang.

Please stop.

Bang.

"Stop!"

And then it did.

 

The heroine stands up and notices the look that her classmates give her. Some are alarmed, some are laughing, and the rest are indifferent.

 

“Well, Ms. Yoo, are you okay?” Ms. Park said as she gives a worried look at Jiwon.

 

 “Sorry to disturb your lecture, Ms. Park. It won’t happen again.” She bows as she gives her apologies

 

“It’s unusual for you to sleep in class. Go to the infirmary if you are not feeling well, okay?” The well-natured teacher smiles at Jiwon. “Anyway, I’ll let you go now. Class, don’t forget to prepare for your group assignments to be submitted next week.” 

 

The students groan then stand up to bid goodbye to their teacher.

 

Jiwon packs her things and walks to her next class.

 

That dream again. Maybe I should start listening to the lectures.

 

The hallway is crowded, as usual, signalling the shift of classes from one classroom to another. As Jiwon strides the hall, she looks out the window and sees 5 guys entering the school premises.

 

Hm. Transferees? Arriving late on the first day, not wearing a uniform, dyed hair, cigarettes. And oh, is that a tattoo? How fitting for a school setting.

 

Jiwon rolls her eyes at the scene and is about to move on when someone speaks behind her.  

 

“What a way to announce their arrival.”

 

Jiwon turns around and sees Yixing and the crowd that gathered to see the newly arrived students.

 

 “Oh, Yixing sunbae,” she smiles at him. “Yeah, everything about them screams delinquency,” Jiwon adds in a silent voice looking back at the transferees.

 

“What’s that?” Yixing asks, not sure if he heard it wrong or the ever-so-friendly and kind Yoo Jiwon is actually saying something negative to someone.

 

“Hm?” Jiwon shows her signature oblivious smile.

 

“Nothing. Don’t you have class?”

 

“Oh no! I should go now. See you, Sunbae!” Jiwon waves at Yixing as she strides towards her room.

 

Blonde. Brown. Orange. Gray. Red. Reminds me of autumn. Ha. For some reason, I feel sorry for their scalp.

 

Jiwon continues to walk while thinking that she should sit at the corner of the room once she gets there, hoping that this time, she would not cause a scene. She fishes out her book and pretends to read it.

 

“Hey you.”

 

She looks up and sees a purple haired kid wearing casual clothes like the ones from earlier.

 

Hm. I missed the purple one.

 

“Yes, do you need help?” Jiwon said with a friendly tone.

 

“I’m a transferee, can you tell me where the chancellor’s office is?” the guy told her in an unfriendly manner.

 

Asking for help using that tone. Ha! How nice. And oh, look at the time, I’ll be late for my class because of this ungrateful kid. Great!

 

“Yeah, sure. Just go straight then you’ll reach the stairs. Go to the 4th floor, which is 2 floors above us since this is the 2nd floor. Once you reach it, go straight then turn right. You’ll see a brown door. That’s the office.” Jiwon smiles at the guy after she said everything.

 

She looks at her watch and sees that she only has 5 minutes to reach her next class in the next building, which means she has to run. Now.

 

Greaaaat. I was just thinking of not creating a scene and now I’ll be late. My classmates from my previous class would notice that something’s wrong and definitely ask me. How bothersome.

 

Jiwon didn’t notice the guy staring at her. She looks back at the guy.

 

“Sorry, I’m bad with directions. Can you accompany me?” the guy said in a straight tone.

 

“Okay! I still have time anyway,” she answered enthusiastically.

 

Oh boy. Talking about time now huh. Is fate's game finally starting?

 

 


Whaaaa. First chapter! How is it? Wait, I'm nervous. Don't answer! Haha! Sooo, got any ideas who the new kids are? ㅋㅋㅋ